RE: [BPQ32] Re: unholding held msgs

    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 4, 2011
      Mike,

      Mine is at the top of BPQ32,cfg.

      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of w8ehh
      Sent: 03 February 2011 23:33
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [BPQ32] Re: unholding held msgs

      John

      Where do you put your password.  I looked in the config file but could not find a blank password to be filled in.  I am guessing I would need it in the RF port section??

      Mike

      From: James Wagner <ka7ehk@...>
      Sender: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 12:33:54 -0800 (PST)
      To: <BPQ32@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

      There is nothing on my web site. It is a standard part of various NOS versions as well as the sysop access to the 'BPQ node.

      Jim Wagner, KA7EHK

      From: "John Wiseman" <john.wiseman@...>
      Sender: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 19:35:33 -0000
      To: <BPQ32@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

      This is the system used for remote sysop access to the BPQ32 node.

      Maybe I'm a bit parnoid, but I'm not convinced it is secure enough to sysop a BBS. And I'm not convinced that the Windows platform is really reliable enough to run a remote BBS. However, I'll look into adding unhold to the command line sysop facilites, and some form of remote sysop authentication. The system used for remote authentication of rig control commands is pretty secure, but requires the two machine clocks to be syncronised, which isn't easy without an internet link.