Re: Applications

  • ve7cc
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 25, 2006
      I can't imagine a better program for emergency use than one of the dx
      cluster programs. Just turn off the dx spots!

      The clusters have weather announces, talk (chat), system wide
      announces, local announces, mail. What more do you need?

      Lee VE7CC

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Richard Bailey <kb5jbv@...> wrote:

      > I Guess that means NO
      >
      > My slightly dyslexic chicken interpreter states that Richard Bailey
      sent
      > a cryptic message on 9/13/2006 2:32 PM that reads as follows:
      >
      > > I was wondering if anybody is writing any newer App's to run
      under BPQ32?
      > > I see a lot of folks are running ARcluster however my needs here
      are a
      > > little different. Our packet network here is primerarly for
      emergency
      > > communications so I am currently running an ancient version of
      Fastchat
      > > for a converse node.I also run Telpac and Paclink using AGW Packet
      > > engine on another machine and link BPQ and AGW via my network.
      There was
      > > a database program for ARES information that used to run on older
      BPQ
      > > nodes but at this point it still refuses to runn. I really liked
      > > Xrouter. John, is there any chance we might see some of the
      features in
      > > Xrouter show up in BPQ32? I will be inteested in hearing your
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > >
      > > --
      > >
      > > "Improvidus Apto Victum"
      > >
      > > Richard Bailey KB5JBV #982
      > > ARO Mesquite RACES
      > > AEC Mesquite ARES
      > > kb5jbv@... <mailto:kb5jbv%40winlink.org>
      > > 972-286-8001
      > >

      > --
      >
      > "Improvidus Apto Victum"
      >
      > Richard Bailey KB5JBV #982
      > ARO Mesquite RACES
      > AEC Mesquite ARES
      > kb5jbv@...
      > 972-286-8001

    • vk2dot
      Message 2 of 9 , May 11, 2010
        Hi All; Is there a limit to the quantity of applications in CPQCFG.TXT. The line below works fine ->

        APPLICATIONS=BBS,CHT,FBB/C 2 vk2dot-2,XR/C 2 VK2DOT-9,UK/C 4 GB7COW-5,VE/C 4 VE3UIL-7

        But if one adds an extra application - It will not work.
        If one removes a application, then adds another on - It works.
        If you look at the example line above, one uses this line to allow users to connect to other countries. From the line above, you can see that I am limited to 2 countries.

        We had to get Paula to change the XRouter Applications command line to be able to have virtually unlimited application commands.
        Linux/Node will allow unlimited command alias's.

        The Question is - Is one doing something wrong or does BPQ32 need to be amended to allow additional applications.

        Regards rod.....////
      • K.O. Higgs

          Message 4 of 9 , May 11, 2010
            Yes, there is a limit of 8 applications.

            Rod, you have 6 below. I tried adding another two in the same format, and it seems to work ok here.

[...]

            n0kfq@centurytel. net

          • vk2dot
            Message 5 of 9 , May 11, 2010
              Thanks John & KO; John if it is possible to increase the number of applications from 8 to say 24; All future expansions should be full filled.

              Why such a high number - In my old packet systems [XRouter & Linux/Node], users had the option to go to other Australian states & countries by just typeing in - eg - vk6 for Western Australia or ve for Canada or g for England, etc. It would be nice to be able to do this in BPQ32 [Users then do not have to worry about port numbers or end call SIDs.] Unfortunately 8 applications is not enough.

              We are trying to get more packet users in Australia, this is one way.

              Regards Rod....////