Re: Applications

  • ve7cc
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 25, 2006
      I can't imagine a better program for emergency use than one of the dx
      cluster programs. Just turn off the dx spots!

      The clusters have weather announces, talk (chat), system wide
      announces, local announces, mail. What more do you need?

      Lee VE7CC

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Richard Bailey <kb5jbv@...> wrote:

      > I Guess that means NO
      >
      > My slightly dyslexic chicken interpreter states that Richard Bailey
      sent
      > a cryptic message on 9/13/2006 2:32 PM that reads as follows:
      >
      > > I was wondering if anybody is writing any newer App's to run
      under BPQ32?
      > > I see a lot of folks are running ARcluster however my needs here
      are a
      > > little different. Our packet network here is primerarly for
      emergency
      > > communications so I am currently running an ancient version of
      Fastchat
      > > for a converse node.I also run Telpac and Paclink using AGW Packet
      > > engine on another machine and link BPQ and AGW via my network.
      There was
      > > a database program for ARES information that used to run on older
      BPQ
      > > nodes but at this point it still refuses to runn. I really liked
      > > Xrouter. John, is there any chance we might see some of the
      features in
      > > Xrouter show up in BPQ32? I will be inteested in hearing your
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > >
      > > --
      > >
      > > "Improvidus Apto Victum"
      > >
      > > Richard Bailey KB5JBV #982
      > > ARO Mesquite RACES
      > > AEC Mesquite ARES
      > > kb5jbv@... <mailto:kb5jbv%40winlink.org>
      > > 972-286-8001
      > >

      > --
      >
      > "Improvidus Apto Victum"
      >
      > Richard Bailey KB5JBV #982
      > ARO Mesquite RACES
      > AEC Mesquite ARES
      > kb5jbv@...
      > 972-286-8001

    • vk2dot
      Message 2 of 19 , May 11, 2010
        Hi All; Is there a limit to the quantity of applications in CPQCFG.TXT. The line below works fine ->

        APPLICATIONS=BBS,CHT,FBB/C 2 vk2dot-2,XR/C 2 VK2DOT-9,UK/C 4 GB7COW-5,VE/C 4 VE3UIL-7

        But if one adds an extra application - It will not work.
        If one removes a application, then adds another on - It works.
        If you look at the example line above, one uses this line to allow users to connect to other countries. From the line above, you can see that I am limited to 2 countries.

        We had to get Paula to change the XRouter Applications command line to be able to have virtually unlimited application commands.
        Linux/Node will allow unlimited command alias's.

        The Question is - Is one doing something wrong or does BPQ32 need to be amended to allow additional applications.

        Regards rod.....////
      • K.O. Higgs

          Message 4 of 19 , May 11, 2010
            Message
            Yes, there is a limit of 8 applications.

            Rod, you have 6 below. I tried adding another two in the same format, and it seems to work ok here.

[...]

            n0kfq@centurytel. net

          • vk2dot
            Message 5 of 19 , May 11, 2010
              Thanks John & KO; John if it is possible to increase the number of applications from 8 to say 24; All future expansions should be full filled.

              Why such a high number - In my old packet systems [XRouter & Linux/Node], users had the option to go to other Australian states & countries by just typeing in - eg - vk6 for Western Australia or ve for Canada or g for England, etc. It would be nice to be able to do this in BPQ32 [Users then do not have to worry about port numbers or end call SIDs.] Unfortunately 8 applications is not enough.

              We are trying to get more packet users in Australia, this is one way.

              Regards Rod....////

              > Yes, there is a limit of 8 applications.
              >
              > Rod, you have 6 below. I tried adding another two in the same format,
              > and it seems to work ok here.

            • vk2dot
              Message 6 of 19 , May 29, 2016

                John, we are either loosing it, or should go back to DOS –

                We have setup LinBPQ onto a Raspberry PI and laptops running – Slackware, Debian, Ubuntu, etc.

                We can connect to all LinBPQ’s from other systems, get packet mail, chat,  etc; We can use the TermSignOn with Firefox; but

                The Problem is –

                ; ******************************** APPLICATIONS SECTION *************************

                ;APPLICATION No,Label,Command,Call,Alias,Qual

                APPLICATION 1,BBS,,VK2DOT,DOTBBS,255

                APPLICATION 2,CHAT,,VK2DOT-11,DOTCHT,255

                APPLICATION 3,XR,C 1 VK2DOT-1,VK2DOT-1,DOTXR,255

                APPLICATION 4,XR2,C VK2DOT-5,VK2DOT-5,DOTXR2,255

                APPLICATION 5 VE3,C VE3UIL-7,VE3UIL-7,SFSNOD,255

                We cannot connect out of linBPQ to other packet systems [eg XR or C 1 VK2DOT, etc]

                ;*************************** PORTS SECTION**********************************

                ;

                ; AXUDP port definition.

                PORT

                PORTNUM=1                    ; Optional but sets port number if stated

                ID=AXUDP        ; Displayed by PORTS command

                ; TYPE=EXTERNAL            ; Calls an external module

                NOKEEPALIVES=0           ; Stop spolling on this port

                ; DLLNAME=BPQAXIP.DLL   ; Uses BPQAXIP.DLL

                DRIVER=BPQAXIP           ; New line replacing BPQAXIP.DLL

                QUALITY=196                   ; Quality factor applied to node broadcasts heard on

                                                ; this port, unless overridden by a locked rout

                                                ; entry. Setting to 0 stops node broadcasts (Typical 192)

                ; MINQUAL=168               ; Entries in the nodes table with quali

                MINQUAL=144                 ; equal to MINQUAL will be sent on this port. A value

                                                ; of 0 sends everything.(Typical 168)- set to 144 022115-1217z

                MAXFRAME=7                 ; Max outstanding frames (1 thru 7)

                FRACK=3000                      ; Level 2 timout in millisecond

                RESPTIME=1000               ; Level 2 delayed ack timer in milliseconds

                RETRIES=5          ; Level 2 maximum retry value

                PACLEN=236                     ; Max = 236

                CONFIG

                MHEARD            ;Opens AXIP MHEARD window

                UDP 93

                UDP 459

                UDP 10093              ;Listens for UDP packets on this port number

                UDP 10094

                 UDP 10096

                UDP 10097

                UDP 10098

                AUTOADDMAP                ;This option automatically adds the node call and

                                                ;address of a node for which you do not have a

                                                ;pre-arranged fixed entry in bpqaxip.cfg.  If the

                                                ;option DONTCHECKSOURCECALL is specified then the

                                                ;AUTOADDMAP option is ignored.

                ;DONTCHECKSOURCECALL

                BROADCAST NODES

                MAP VK2DOT-1                 192.168.1.4                                         UDP       93    B ;

                 MAP VK2DOT-5               192.168.1.5                                         UDP       10093 B ;

                The above looks OK.

                The problem must be simple – any ideas.

                Regards Rod VK2DOT ….///

              • Mike Ligeza
                Message 7 of 19 , May 30, 2016
                  Rod

                  I can ping your vk2dot.dyndns.org but nothing else.

                  Are you sure your router is set up?

                  Mike Ligeza - VE3UIL/VE3UIM
                  Smiths Falls, ON
                  mike.ligeza@...

                  From my Linux box running Ubuntu MATE 16.04
                • vk2dot
                  Message 8 of 19 , May 31, 2016
                    Mike, we have setup the new linBPQ system on for our Ethernet LAN only. When we get it going, then will port it to the outside world. Thus the setup is for 192.168.1.* addresses only.
                    Have noticed over the months of  testing - it works now and again - only once on a new setup. We can connect to linbpq no problems.
                    From the Node we can do a BBS or CHAT but not XR or C 1 VK2DOT-1
                    The system comes back with - Invalid command - Enter ? for command list.
                    You can connect to VK2DOT-1 then do a BPQ for the node or BBPQ for the BBS.
                    So it works ok one way, but not back to anybody else.
                    regards rod....///
                  • vk2dot
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jun 6, 2016
                    Hi all, We have attached the VK2DOT-3 LinBPQ BPQ32.CFG file.
                    Unfortunately we still are having problems -
                    1: we can connect to linbpq node vk2dot-3 or bbs vk2dot-4 - from any other packet system. however -
                    2: we cannot connect from linbpq node to another machine [eg c 1 vk2dot-1], but
                        vk2dot-1 can connect to vk2dot-3 linbpq.
                    3: same with using the linbpq terminal - we cannot connect out of the machine.
                    4: each time, linbpq displays - Invalid command - Enter ? for command list
                    5. The command line displays that we can use a c or xr command for the connection.

                    regards rod vk2dot....///
                    Message 10 of 19 , Jun 6, 2016
                      Rod,

                      Your application 4 line has a missing comma, so it is interpreted as
                      defining a command "C", which masks the real C command

                      APPLICATION 4 VE3,C VE3UIL-7,VE3UIL-7,SFSNOD,255

                      I tried on your system, and you can use CON 1 VK2DOT-1 instead of C, but
                      then you get "Sorry, Application XR is not running - Please try later".

                      This is because you have an application XR with a callsign of VK2DOT-1, so
                      if you try to connect to VK2DOT-1 it tries to connect to application XR,
                      which isn't running.

                      APPLICATION 3,XR,,VK2DOT-1,DOTXR,250

                      Message 11 of 19 , Jun 10, 2016
                        Thanks John. We just Remed out the XR and VE3 applications & all is good & now works fine. But no short cut.

                        Regards Rod....///
                      • renzociarpella@gmail.com
                        Message 12 of 19 , Nov 2, 2016
                          HI John,
                          I tried to connect my Sally with BPQ through a remote node, the connection was made perfectly but after login the program received the "CONF" command and you have enabled the conference mode.
                          The application is set: APPLICATIONS SALLY;; = SYS and if I change the word SALLY into SALL disappears CONF command.
                          I'm not happy with this because I do not know where it comes from the CONF command, which correct syntax should I use to have a connection with Sally program so that the connection is still at LOGIN.
                          The application command (s) is plural or not!

                          Maybe I'm wrong something that I do not realize?
                          Thank you.

                          Renzo I6KZR
                          Message 13 of 19 , Nov 2, 2016
                            Renzo,

                            Your APPLICATIONS line looks wrong. Assuming you want Sally to be
                            Application 1 and =SYS (whatever that is) application 3, the command would
                            be

                            APPLICATIONS=SALLY,,=SYS

                            Using APPLICATIONS is obsolete and I suggest you switch to the current
                            APPLICATION method - see

                            http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/BPQCFGFile.html##Appl

                            Even with that, I don't understand where CONF is coming from.

                            Message 14 of 19 , Nov 2, 2016
                              Hi Renzo

                              Below is mine for running Sally which is Application 2 and it works fine

                              APPLICATIONS=BBS,PMS,
                              APPLICATION 1,BBS,,G1GXB,GXBBBS,225
                              APPLICATION 2,PMS,,G1GXB-2,GXBPMS,225

                              73 de Keith G1GXB

                              Message 15 of 19 , Nov 3, 2016

                                John and Keith

                                very useful your help. Now all works without problems.

                                Many thanks

                                Renzo, I6KZR