Re: Applications

    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 24, 2006
      Richard,

      I'm not aware of any new converse node software, but you should be
      able to run most programs written for 16 bit BPQ with BPQ32, using
      the BPQ1632 routines (see the files section of this group). If you
      have any that won't work, let me konw, and I'll investigate.

      Which features of Xrouter did you have in mind?

      Regards,

      John

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Richard Bailey <kb5jbv@...> wrote:

      > I was wondering if anybody is writing any newer App's to run under
      BPQ32?
      > I see a lot of folks are running ARcluster however my needs here
      are a
      > little different. Our packet network here is primerarly for
      emergency
      > communications so I am currently running an ancient version of
      Fastchat
      > for a converse node.I also run Telpac and Paclink using AGW Packet
      > engine on another machine and link BPQ and AGW via my network.
      There was
      > a database program for ARES information that used to run on older
      BPQ
      > nodes but at this point it still refuses to runn. I really liked
      > Xrouter. John, is there any chance we might see some of the
      features in
      > Xrouter show up in BPQ32? I will be inteested in hearing your
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > --
      >
      > "Improvidus Apto Victum"
      >
      > Richard Bailey KB5JBV #982
      > ARO Mesquite RACES
      > AEC Mesquite ARES
      > kb5jbv@...
      > 972-286-8001

    • ve7cc
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 25, 2006
        I can't imagine a better program for emergency use than one of the dx
        cluster programs. Just turn off the dx spots!

        The clusters have weather announces, talk (chat), system wide
        announces, local announces, mail. What more do you need?

        Lee VE7CC

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Richard Bailey <kb5jbv@...> wrote:

        > I Guess that means NO
        >
        > My slightly dyslexic chicken interpreter states that Richard Bailey
        sent
        > a cryptic message on 9/13/2006 2:32 PM that reads as follows:
        >
        > > I was wondering if anybody is writing any newer App's to run
        under BPQ32?
        > > I see a lot of folks are running ARcluster however my needs here
        are a
        > > little different. Our packet network here is primerarly for
        emergency
        > > communications so I am currently running an ancient version of
        Fastchat
        > > for a converse node.I also run Telpac and Paclink using AGW Packet
        > > engine on another machine and link BPQ and AGW via my network.
        There was
        > > a database program for ARES information that used to run on older
        BPQ
        > > nodes but at this point it still refuses to runn. I really liked
        > > Xrouter. John, is there any chance we might see some of the
        features in
        > > Xrouter show up in BPQ32? I will be inteested in hearing your
        > >
        > > Thanks
        > >
        > > --
        > >
        > > "Improvidus Apto Victum"
        > >
        > > Richard Bailey KB5JBV #982
        > > ARO Mesquite RACES
        > > AEC Mesquite ARES
        > > kb5jbv@... <mailto:kb5jbv%40winlink.org>
        > > 972-286-8001
        > >

        > --
        >
        > "Improvidus Apto Victum"
        >
        > Richard Bailey KB5JBV #982
        > ARO Mesquite RACES
        > AEC Mesquite ARES
        > kb5jbv@...
        > 972-286-8001

      • vk2dot
        Message 3 of 9 , May 11, 2010
          Hi All; Is there a limit to the quantity of applications in CPQCFG.TXT. The line below works fine ->

          APPLICATIONS=BBS,CHT,FBB/C 2 vk2dot-2,XR/C 2 VK2DOT-9,UK/C 4 GB7COW-5,VE/C 4 VE3UIL-7

          But if one adds an extra application - It will not work.
          If one removes a application, then adds another on - It works.
          If you look at the example line above, one uses this line to allow users to connect to other countries. From the line above, you can see that I am limited to 2 countries.

          We had to get Paula to change the XRouter Applications command line to be able to have virtually unlimited application commands.
          Linux/Node will allow unlimited command alias's.

          The Question is - Is one doing something wrong or does BPQ32 need to be amended to allow additional applications.

          Regards rod.....////
        • K.O. Higgs

            Message 5 of 9 , May 11, 2010
              Yes, there is a limit of 8 applications.

              Rod, you have 6 below. I tried adding another two in the same format, and it seems to work ok here.

[...]

              n0kfq@centurytel. net

            • vk2dot
              Message 6 of 9 , May 11, 2010
                Thanks John & KO; John if it is possible to increase the number of applications from 8 to say 24; All future expansions should be full filled.

                Why such a high number - In my old packet systems [XRouter & Linux/Node], users had the option to go to other Australian states & countries by just typeing in - eg - vk6 for Western Australia or ve for Canada or g for England, etc. It would be nice to be able to do this in BPQ32 [Users then do not have to worry about port numbers or end call SIDs.] Unfortunately 8 applications is not enough.

                We are trying to get more packet users in Australia, this is one way.

                Regards Rod....////