Re: Applications

    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 24, 2006
      Richard,

      I'm not aware of any new converse node software, but you should be
      able to run most programs written for 16 bit BPQ with BPQ32, using
      the BPQ1632 routines (see the files section of this group). If you
      have any that won't work, let me konw, and I'll investigate.

      Which features of Xrouter did you have in mind?

      Regards,

      John

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Richard Bailey <kb5jbv@...> wrote:

      > I was wondering if anybody is writing any newer App's to run under
      BPQ32?
      > I see a lot of folks are running ARcluster however my needs here
      are a
      > little different. Our packet network here is primerarly for
      emergency
      > communications so I am currently running an ancient version of
      Fastchat
      > for a converse node.I also run Telpac and Paclink using AGW Packet
      > engine on another machine and link BPQ and AGW via my network.
      There was
      > a database program for ARES information that used to run on older
      BPQ
      > nodes but at this point it still refuses to runn. I really liked
      > Xrouter. John, is there any chance we might see some of the
      features in
      > Xrouter show up in BPQ32? I will be inteested in hearing your
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > --
      >
      > "Improvidus Apto Victum"
      >
      > Richard Bailey KB5JBV #982
      > ARO Mesquite RACES
      > AEC Mesquite ARES
      > kb5jbv@...
      > 972-286-8001

    • ve7cc
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 25, 2006
        I can't imagine a better program for emergency use than one of the dx
        cluster programs. Just turn off the dx spots!

        The clusters have weather announces, talk (chat), system wide
        announces, local announces, mail. What more do you need?

        Lee VE7CC

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Richard Bailey <kb5jbv@...> wrote:

        > I Guess that means NO
        >
        > My slightly dyslexic chicken interpreter states that Richard Bailey
        sent
        > a cryptic message on 9/13/2006 2:32 PM that reads as follows:
        >
        > > I was wondering if anybody is writing any newer App's to run
        under BPQ32?
        > > I see a lot of folks are running ARcluster however my needs here
        are a
        > > little different. Our packet network here is primerarly for
        emergency
        > > communications so I am currently running an ancient version of
        Fastchat
        > > for a converse node.I also run Telpac and Paclink using AGW Packet
        > > engine on another machine and link BPQ and AGW via my network.
        There was
        > > a database program for ARES information that used to run on older
        BPQ
        > > nodes but at this point it still refuses to runn. I really liked
        > > Xrouter. John, is there any chance we might see some of the
        features in
        > > Xrouter show up in BPQ32? I will be inteested in hearing your
        > >
        > > Thanks
        > >
        > > --
        > >
        > > "Improvidus Apto Victum"
        > >
        > > Richard Bailey KB5JBV #982
        > > ARO Mesquite RACES
        > > AEC Mesquite ARES
        > > kb5jbv@... <mailto:kb5jbv%40winlink.org>
        > > 972-286-8001
        > >

        > --
        >
        > "Improvidus Apto Victum"
        >
        > Richard Bailey KB5JBV #982
        > ARO Mesquite RACES
        > AEC Mesquite ARES
        > kb5jbv@...
        > 972-286-8001

      • vk2dot
        Message 3 of 19 , May 11, 2010
          Hi All; Is there a limit to the quantity of applications in CPQCFG.TXT. The line below works fine ->

          APPLICATIONS=BBS,CHT,FBB/C 2 vk2dot-2,XR/C 2 VK2DOT-9,UK/C 4 GB7COW-5,VE/C 4 VE3UIL-7

          But if one adds an extra application - It will not work.
          If one removes a application, then adds another on - It works.
          If you look at the example line above, one uses this line to allow users to connect to other countries. From the line above, you can see that I am limited to 2 countries.

          We had to get Paula to change the XRouter Applications command line to be able to have virtually unlimited application commands.
          Linux/Node will allow unlimited command alias's.

          The Question is - Is one doing something wrong or does BPQ32 need to be amended to allow additional applications.

          Regards rod.....////
        • K.O. Higgs

            Message 5 of 19 , May 11, 2010
              Message
              Yes, there is a limit of 8 applications.

              Rod, you have 6 below. I tried adding another two in the same format, and it seems to work ok here.

[...]

              n0kfq@centurytel. net

            • vk2dot
              Message 6 of 19 , May 11, 2010
                Thanks John & KO; John if it is possible to increase the number of applications from 8 to say 24; All future expansions should be full filled.

                Why such a high number - In my old packet systems [XRouter & Linux/Node], users had the option to go to other Australian states & countries by just typeing in - eg - vk6 for Western Australia or ve for Canada or g for England, etc. It would be nice to be able to do this in BPQ32 [Users then do not have to worry about port numbers or end call SIDs.] Unfortunately 8 applications is not enough.

                We are trying to get more packet users in Australia, this is one way.

                Regards Rod....////

                > Yes, there is a limit of 8 applications.
                >
                > Rod, you have 6 below. I tried adding another two in the same format,
                > and it seems to work ok here.

              • vk2dot
                Message 7 of 19 , May 29, 2016

                  John, we are either loosing it, or should go back to DOS –

                  We have setup LinBPQ onto a Raspberry PI and laptops running – Slackware, Debian, Ubuntu, etc.

                  We can connect to all LinBPQ’s from other systems, get packet mail, chat,  etc; We can use the TermSignOn with Firefox; but

                  The Problem is –

                  ; ******************************** APPLICATIONS SECTION *************************

                  ;APPLICATION No,Label,Command,Call,Alias,Qual

                  APPLICATION 1,BBS,,VK2DOT,DOTBBS,255

                  APPLICATION 2,CHAT,,VK2DOT-11,DOTCHT,255

                  APPLICATION 3,XR,C 1 VK2DOT-1,VK2DOT-1,DOTXR,255

                  APPLICATION 4,XR2,C VK2DOT-5,VK2DOT-5,DOTXR2,255

                  APPLICATION 5 VE3,C VE3UIL-7,VE3UIL-7,SFSNOD,255

                  We cannot connect out of linBPQ to other packet systems [eg XR or C 1 VK2DOT, etc]

                  ;*************************** PORTS SECTION**********************************

                  ;

                  ; AXUDP port definition.

                  PORT

                  PORTNUM=1                    ; Optional but sets port number if stated

                  ID=AXUDP        ; Displayed by PORTS command

                  ; TYPE=EXTERNAL            ; Calls an external module

                  NOKEEPALIVES=0           ; Stop spolling on this port

                  ; DLLNAME=BPQAXIP.DLL   ; Uses BPQAXIP.DLL

                  DRIVER=BPQAXIP           ; New line replacing BPQAXIP.DLL

                  QUALITY=196                   ; Quality factor applied to node broadcasts heard on

                                                  ; this port, unless overridden by a locked rout

                                                  ; entry. Setting to 0 stops node broadcasts (Typical 192)

                  ; MINQUAL=168               ; Entries in the nodes table with quali

                  MINQUAL=144                 ; equal to MINQUAL will be sent on this port. A value

                                                  ; of 0 sends everything.(Typical 168)- set to 144 022115-1217z

                  MAXFRAME=7                 ; Max outstanding frames (1 thru 7)

                  FRACK=3000                      ; Level 2 timout in millisecond

                  RESPTIME=1000               ; Level 2 delayed ack timer in milliseconds

                  RETRIES=5          ; Level 2 maximum retry value

                  PACLEN=236                     ; Max = 236

                  CONFIG

                  MHEARD            ;Opens AXIP MHEARD window

                  UDP 93

                  UDP 459

                  UDP 10093              ;Listens for UDP packets on this port number

                  UDP 10094

                   UDP 10096

                  UDP 10097

                  UDP 10098

                  AUTOADDMAP                ;This option automatically adds the node call and

                                                  ;address of a node for which you do not have a

                                                  ;pre-arranged fixed entry in bpqaxip.cfg.  If the

                                                  ;option DONTCHECKSOURCECALL is specified then the

                                                  ;AUTOADDMAP option is ignored.

                  ;DONTCHECKSOURCECALL

                  BROADCAST NODES

                  MAP VK2DOT-1                 192.168.1.4                                         UDP       93    B ;

                   MAP VK2DOT-5               192.168.1.5                                         UDP       10093 B ;

                  The above looks OK.

                  The problem must be simple – any ideas.

                  Regards Rod VK2DOT ….///

                • Mike Ligeza
                  Message 8 of 19 , May 30, 2016
                    Rod

                    I can ping your vk2dot.dyndns.org but nothing else.

                    Are you sure your router is set up?

                    Mike Ligeza - VE3UIL/VE3UIM
                    Smiths Falls, ON
                    mike.ligeza@...

                    From my Linux box running Ubuntu MATE 16.04
                  • vk2dot
                    Message 9 of 19 , May 31, 2016
                      Mike, we have setup the new linBPQ system on for our Ethernet LAN only. When we get it going, then will port it to the outside world. Thus the setup is for 192.168.1.* addresses only.
                      Have noticed over the months of  testing - it works now and again - only once on a new setup. We can connect to linbpq no problems.
                      From the Node we can do a BBS or CHAT but not XR or C 1 VK2DOT-1
                      The system comes back with - Invalid command - Enter ? for command list.
                      You can connect to VK2DOT-1 then do a BPQ for the node or BBPQ for the BBS.
                      So it works ok one way, but not back to anybody else.
                      regards rod....///
                    • vk2dot
                      Message 10 of 19 , Jun 6, 2016
                      Hi all, We have attached the VK2DOT-3 LinBPQ BPQ32.CFG file.
                      Unfortunately we still are having problems -
                      1: we can connect to linbpq node vk2dot-3 or bbs vk2dot-4 - from any other packet system. however -
                      2: we cannot connect from linbpq node to another machine [eg c 1 vk2dot-1], but
                          vk2dot-1 can connect to vk2dot-3 linbpq.
                      3: same with using the linbpq terminal - we cannot connect out of the machine.
                      4: each time, linbpq displays - Invalid command - Enter ? for command list
                      5. The command line displays that we can use a c or xr command for the connection.

                      regards rod vk2dot....///
                      Message 11 of 19 , Jun 6, 2016
                        Rod,

                        Your application 4 line has a missing comma, so it is interpreted as
                        defining a command "C", which masks the real C command

                        APPLICATION 4 VE3,C VE3UIL-7,VE3UIL-7,SFSNOD,255

                        I tried on your system, and you can use CON 1 VK2DOT-1 instead of C, but
                        then you get "Sorry, Application XR is not running - Please try later".

                        This is because you have an application XR with a callsign of VK2DOT-1, so
                        if you try to connect to VK2DOT-1 it tries to connect to application XR,
                        which isn't running.

                        APPLICATION 3,XR,,VK2DOT-1,DOTXR,250

                        Message 12 of 19 , Jun 10, 2016
                          Thanks John. We just Remed out the XR and VE3 applications & all is good & now works fine. But no short cut.

                          Regards Rod....///
                        • renzociarpella@gmail.com
                          Message 13 of 19 , Nov 2, 2016
                            HI John,
                            I tried to connect my Sally with BPQ through a remote node, the connection was made perfectly but after login the program received the "CONF" command and you have enabled the conference mode.
                            The application is set: APPLICATIONS SALLY;; = SYS and if I change the word SALLY into SALL disappears CONF command.
                            I'm not happy with this because I do not know where it comes from the CONF command, which correct syntax should I use to have a connection with Sally program so that the connection is still at LOGIN.
                            The application command (s) is plural or not!

                            Maybe I'm wrong something that I do not realize?
                            Thank you.

                            Renzo I6KZR
                            Message 14 of 19 , Nov 2, 2016
                              Renzo,

                              Your APPLICATIONS line looks wrong. Assuming you want Sally to be
                              Application 1 and =SYS (whatever that is) application 3, the command would
                              be

                              APPLICATIONS=SALLY,,=SYS

                              Using APPLICATIONS is obsolete and I suggest you switch to the current
                              APPLICATION method - see

                              http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/BPQCFGFile.html##Appl

                              Even with that, I don't understand where CONF is coming from.

                              Message 15 of 19 , Nov 2, 2016
                                Hi Renzo

                                Below is mine for running Sally which is Application 2 and it works fine

                                APPLICATIONS=BBS,PMS,
                                APPLICATION 1,BBS,,G1GXB,GXBBBS,225
                                APPLICATION 2,PMS,,G1GXB-2,GXBPMS,225

                                73 de Keith G1GXB

                                Message 16 of 19 , Nov 3, 2016

                                  John and Keith

                                  very useful your help. Now all works without problems.

                                  Many thanks

                                  Renzo, I6KZR