Re: [BPQ32] Applications

  • Ron Stordahl
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 23, 2006
      Richard

      I brought your message to John's attention, however he was just on his way to his sailing boat for one final week(s) to use it before putting it away for the season, so he said it was unlikely he could reply until he returns.  This also applies to the messages from rsp92028 and g3ldi.  After many many years with his nose to the grindstone, John has retired and accomplished his dream of getting a sailing boat and is actively using it sailing in the OCEAN.  It does concern me greatly that the 'BPQ Man' is trusting his life to the old man of the sea, but we just have to hope that he is careful and has adequate safety gear!  After putting his boat away for the season I do expect he is going to put a lot of attention into BPQ32 with further improvements.

      I would have answered you but my experience is limited to using BPQ32 standalone and with AR-Cluster, UI-DX Bridge, UIView32 and now CC_Cluster.  I have no experience with FBB, although others on this board do.  And I don't know anything about the other applications mentioned so I didn't feel I would be of any help to respond.

      You will be getting a reply from John as soon as he returns home.

      73, Ron Stordahl, N5IN

      Richard Bailey wrote:

      I Guess that means NO

      My slightly dyslexic chicken interpreter states that Richard Bailey sent
      a cryptic message on 9/13/2006 2:32 PM that reads as follows:

      --

      "Improvidus Apto Victum"

      Richard Bailey KB5JBV #982
      ARO Mesquite RACES
      AEC Mesquite ARES
      kb5jbv@winlink. org
      972-286-8001

      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 24, 2006
        Richard,

        I'm not aware of any new converse node software, but you should be
        able to run most programs written for 16 bit BPQ with BPQ32, using
        the BPQ1632 routines (see the files section of this group). If you
        have any that won't work, let me konw, and I'll investigate.

        Which features of Xrouter did you have in mind?

        Regards,

        John

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Richard Bailey <kb5jbv@...> wrote:

        > I was wondering if anybody is writing any newer App's to run under
        BPQ32?
        > I see a lot of folks are running ARcluster however my needs here
        are a
        > little different. Our packet network here is primerarly for
        emergency
        > communications so I am currently running an ancient version of
        Fastchat
        > for a converse node.I also run Telpac and Paclink using AGW Packet
        > engine on another machine and link BPQ and AGW via my network.
        There was
        > a database program for ARES information that used to run on older
        BPQ
        > nodes but at this point it still refuses to runn. I really liked
        > Xrouter. John, is there any chance we might see some of the
        features in
        > Xrouter show up in BPQ32? I will be inteested in hearing your
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > --
        >
        > "Improvidus Apto Victum"
        >
        > Richard Bailey KB5JBV #982
        > ARO Mesquite RACES
        > AEC Mesquite ARES
        > kb5jbv@...
        > 972-286-8001

      • ve7cc
        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 25, 2006
          I can't imagine a better program for emergency use than one of the dx
          cluster programs. Just turn off the dx spots!

          The clusters have weather announces, talk (chat), system wide
          announces, local announces, mail. What more do you need?

          Lee VE7CC

          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Richard Bailey <kb5jbv@...> wrote:

          > I Guess that means NO
          >
          > My slightly dyslexic chicken interpreter states that Richard Bailey
          sent
          > a cryptic message on 9/13/2006 2:32 PM that reads as follows:
          >
          > > I was wondering if anybody is writing any newer App's to run
          under BPQ32?
          > > I see a lot of folks are running ARcluster however my needs here
          are a
          > > little different. Our packet network here is primerarly for
          emergency
          > > communications so I am currently running an ancient version of
          Fastchat
          > > for a converse node.I also run Telpac and Paclink using AGW Packet
          > > engine on another machine and link BPQ and AGW via my network.
          There was
          > > a database program for ARES information that used to run on older
          BPQ
          > > nodes but at this point it still refuses to runn. I really liked
          > > Xrouter. John, is there any chance we might see some of the
          features in
          > > Xrouter show up in BPQ32? I will be inteested in hearing your
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > >
          > > --
          > >
          > > "Improvidus Apto Victum"
          > >
          > > Richard Bailey KB5JBV #982
          > > ARO Mesquite RACES
          > > AEC Mesquite ARES
          > > kb5jbv@... <mailto:kb5jbv%40winlink.org>
          > > 972-286-8001
          > >

          > --
          >
          > "Improvidus Apto Victum"
          >
          > Richard Bailey KB5JBV #982
          > ARO Mesquite RACES
          > AEC Mesquite ARES
          > kb5jbv@...
          > 972-286-8001

        • vk2dot
          Message 4 of 19 , May 11, 2010
            Hi All; Is there a limit to the quantity of applications in CPQCFG.TXT. The line below works fine ->

            APPLICATIONS=BBS,CHT,FBB/C 2 vk2dot-2,XR/C 2 VK2DOT-9,UK/C 4 GB7COW-5,VE/C 4 VE3UIL-7

            But if one adds an extra application - It will not work.
            If one removes a application, then adds another on - It works.
            If you look at the example line above, one uses this line to allow users to connect to other countries. From the line above, you can see that I am limited to 2 countries.

            We had to get Paula to change the XRouter Applications command line to be able to have virtually unlimited application commands.
            Linux/Node will allow unlimited command alias's.

            The Question is - Is one doing something wrong or does BPQ32 need to be amended to allow additional applications.

            Regards rod.....////
          • K.O. Higgs

              Message 6 of 19 , May 11, 2010
                Message
                Yes, there is a limit of 8 applications.

                Rod, you have 6 below. I tried adding another two in the same format, and it seems to work ok here.

[...]

                n0kfq@centurytel. net

              • vk2dot
                Message 7 of 19 , May 11, 2010
                  Thanks John & KO; John if it is possible to increase the number of applications from 8 to say 24; All future expansions should be full filled.

                  Why such a high number - In my old packet systems [XRouter & Linux/Node], users had the option to go to other Australian states & countries by just typeing in - eg - vk6 for Western Australia or ve for Canada or g for England, etc. It would be nice to be able to do this in BPQ32 [Users then do not have to worry about port numbers or end call SIDs.] Unfortunately 8 applications is not enough.

                  We are trying to get more packet users in Australia, this is one way.

                  Regards Rod....////

                  > Yes, there is a limit of 8 applications.
                  >
                  > Rod, you have 6 below. I tried adding another two in the same format,
                  > and it seems to work ok here.

                • vk2dot
                  Message 8 of 19 , May 29, 2016

                    John, we are either loosing it, or should go back to DOS –

                    We have setup LinBPQ onto a Raspberry PI and laptops running – Slackware, Debian, Ubuntu, etc.

                    We can connect to all LinBPQ’s from other systems, get packet mail, chat,  etc; We can use the TermSignOn with Firefox; but

                    The Problem is –

                    ; ******************************** APPLICATIONS SECTION *************************

                    ;APPLICATION No,Label,Command,Call,Alias,Qual

                    APPLICATION 1,BBS,,VK2DOT,DOTBBS,255

                    APPLICATION 2,CHAT,,VK2DOT-11,DOTCHT,255

                    APPLICATION 3,XR,C 1 VK2DOT-1,VK2DOT-1,DOTXR,255

                    APPLICATION 4,XR2,C VK2DOT-5,VK2DOT-5,DOTXR2,255

                    APPLICATION 5 VE3,C VE3UIL-7,VE3UIL-7,SFSNOD,255

                    We cannot connect out of linBPQ to other packet systems [eg XR or C 1 VK2DOT, etc]

                    ;*************************** PORTS SECTION**********************************

                    ;

                    ; AXUDP port definition.

                    PORT

                    PORTNUM=1                    ; Optional but sets port number if stated

                    ID=AXUDP        ; Displayed by PORTS command

                    ; TYPE=EXTERNAL            ; Calls an external module

                    NOKEEPALIVES=0           ; Stop spolling on this port

                    ; DLLNAME=BPQAXIP.DLL   ; Uses BPQAXIP.DLL

                    DRIVER=BPQAXIP           ; New line replacing BPQAXIP.DLL

                    QUALITY=196                   ; Quality factor applied to node broadcasts heard on

                                                    ; this port, unless overridden by a locked rout

                                                    ; entry. Setting to 0 stops node broadcasts (Typical 192)

                    ; MINQUAL=168               ; Entries in the nodes table with quali

                    MINQUAL=144                 ; equal to MINQUAL will be sent on this port. A value

                                                    ; of 0 sends everything.(Typical 168)- set to 144 022115-1217z

                    MAXFRAME=7                 ; Max outstanding frames (1 thru 7)

                    FRACK=3000                      ; Level 2 timout in millisecond

                    RESPTIME=1000               ; Level 2 delayed ack timer in milliseconds

                    RETRIES=5          ; Level 2 maximum retry value

                    PACLEN=236                     ; Max = 236

                    CONFIG

                    MHEARD            ;Opens AXIP MHEARD window

                    UDP 93

                    UDP 459

                    UDP 10093              ;Listens for UDP packets on this port number

                    UDP 10094

                     UDP 10096

                    UDP 10097

                    UDP 10098

                    AUTOADDMAP                ;This option automatically adds the node call and

                                                    ;address of a node for which you do not have a

                                                    ;pre-arranged fixed entry in bpqaxip.cfg.  If the

                                                    ;option DONTCHECKSOURCECALL is specified then the

                                                    ;AUTOADDMAP option is ignored.

                    ;DONTCHECKSOURCECALL

                    BROADCAST NODES

                    MAP VK2DOT-1                 192.168.1.4                                         UDP       93    B ;

                     MAP VK2DOT-5               192.168.1.5                                         UDP       10093 B ;

                    The above looks OK.

                    The problem must be simple – any ideas.

                    Regards Rod VK2DOT ….///

                  • Mike Ligeza
                    Message 9 of 19 , May 30, 2016
                      Rod

                      I can ping your vk2dot.dyndns.org but nothing else.

                      Are you sure your router is set up?

                      Mike Ligeza - VE3UIL/VE3UIM
                      Smiths Falls, ON
                      mike.ligeza@...

                      From my Linux box running Ubuntu MATE 16.04
                    • vk2dot
                      Message 10 of 19 , May 31, 2016
                        Mike, we have setup the new linBPQ system on for our Ethernet LAN only. When we get it going, then will port it to the outside world. Thus the setup is for 192.168.1.* addresses only.
                        Have noticed over the months of  testing - it works now and again - only once on a new setup. We can connect to linbpq no problems.
                        From the Node we can do a BBS or CHAT but not XR or C 1 VK2DOT-1
                        The system comes back with - Invalid command - Enter ? for command list.
                        You can connect to VK2DOT-1 then do a BPQ for the node or BBPQ for the BBS.
                        So it works ok one way, but not back to anybody else.
                        regards rod....///
                      • vk2dot
                        Message 11 of 19 , Jun 6, 2016
                        Hi all, We have attached the VK2DOT-3 LinBPQ BPQ32.CFG file.
                        Unfortunately we still are having problems -
                        1: we can connect to linbpq node vk2dot-3 or bbs vk2dot-4 - from any other packet system. however -
                        2: we cannot connect from linbpq node to another machine [eg c 1 vk2dot-1], but
                            vk2dot-1 can connect to vk2dot-3 linbpq.
                        3: same with using the linbpq terminal - we cannot connect out of the machine.
                        4: each time, linbpq displays - Invalid command - Enter ? for command list
                        5. The command line displays that we can use a c or xr command for the connection.

                        regards rod vk2dot....///
                        Message 12 of 19 , Jun 6, 2016
                          Rod,

                          Your application 4 line has a missing comma, so it is interpreted as
                          defining a command "C", which masks the real C command

                          APPLICATION 4 VE3,C VE3UIL-7,VE3UIL-7,SFSNOD,255

                          I tried on your system, and you can use CON 1 VK2DOT-1 instead of C, but
                          then you get "Sorry, Application XR is not running - Please try later".

                          This is because you have an application XR with a callsign of VK2DOT-1, so
                          if you try to connect to VK2DOT-1 it tries to connect to application XR,
                          which isn't running.

                          APPLICATION 3,XR,,VK2DOT-1,DOTXR,250

                          Message 13 of 19 , Jun 10, 2016
                            Thanks John. We just Remed out the XR and VE3 applications & all is good & now works fine. But no short cut.

                            Regards Rod....///
                          • renzociarpella@gmail.com
                            Message 14 of 19 , Nov 2, 2016
                              HI John,
                              I tried to connect my Sally with BPQ through a remote node, the connection was made perfectly but after login the program received the "CONF" command and you have enabled the conference mode.
                              The application is set: APPLICATIONS SALLY;; = SYS and if I change the word SALLY into SALL disappears CONF command.
                              I'm not happy with this because I do not know where it comes from the CONF command, which correct syntax should I use to have a connection with Sally program so that the connection is still at LOGIN.
                              The application command (s) is plural or not!

                              Maybe I'm wrong something that I do not realize?
                              Thank you.

                              Renzo I6KZR
                              Message 15 of 19 , Nov 2, 2016
                                Renzo,

                                Your APPLICATIONS line looks wrong. Assuming you want Sally to be
                                Application 1 and =SYS (whatever that is) application 3, the command would
                                be

                                APPLICATIONS=SALLY,,=SYS

                                Using APPLICATIONS is obsolete and I suggest you switch to the current
                                APPLICATION method - see

                                http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/BPQCFGFile.html##Appl

                                Even with that, I don't understand where CONF is coming from.

                                Message 16 of 19 , Nov 2, 2016
                                  Hi Renzo

                                  Below is mine for running Sally which is Application 2 and it works fine

                                  APPLICATIONS=BBS,PMS,
                                  APPLICATION 1,BBS,,G1GXB,GXBBBS,225
                                  APPLICATION 2,PMS,,G1GXB-2,GXBPMS,225

                                  73 de Keith G1GXB

                                  Message 17 of 19 , Nov 3, 2016

                                    John and Keith

                                    very useful your help. Now all works without problems.

                                    Many thanks

                                    Renzo, I6KZR