Re: BPQ & Telpac RE: Brian KG9OG

  • MIchael Melnik Sr.
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 23, 2006
      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "kg9og" <kg9og@...> wrote:
      >Brian,
      >Just like to know how you turned out with Telpac, BPQ, AGW ?
      >We allways like to get some feed back, this is how we all learn.
      >

      >Mike/N9PMO

      > Hi Mike/N9PMO
      > In your Aug 19 post you said
      >
      > > I am running winfbb 7.01a, bpq32u (self installing) Telpac air
      mail
      > > UI-View
      >
      > I have been searching for a way to interface an Airmail packet
      module
      > to a tnc driver like the AGW packet engine. To:
      >
      > 1. Facilitate more kinds of tnc to work with the Airmail program.
      > 2. Enable Airmail and Telpac to share one tnc.
      >
      > I wonder if you have found the secret. I'm curious how you are
      running
      > the Airmail at your location.
      >
      > Or anyone else that has experience linking the Airmail program to a
      > tnc switch.
      > Brian/KG9OG

    • Brian Smith
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 26, 2006
        "MIchael Melnik Sr." <m.melnik@...> wrote:
        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups. com, "kg9og" <kg9og@...> wrote:
        >Brian,
        >Just like to know how you turned out with Telpac, BPQ, AGW ?
        >We allways like to get some feed back, this is how we all learn.
        >

        >Mike/N9PMO

         Hi Mike/N9PMO
        I had not noticed that a new version of AIRMAIL was released recently. Thanks to who pointed that out. In the new version the AGW option gets the AGW version info and the AGW port info then returns a packet initialized ok prompt. Connect attempts send no more frames to the AGW. Just like in the previous version. Interestingly, the latest version when the com port is made an appropriate value opens an UDP client port of that address. In the previous AIRMAIL version. Entering a number in the com port box opened an TCP/IP client port at the address.
        I'm investigating how to make the working AIRMAIL packet client/servers talk to the AGW.
        No problems running the Telpac with AGW. Also running Paclink/winlink, AGW terminal, AGW digipeater, AGWaprs in EOC for county ARES.
        Wish me luck
        73
        Brian/KG9OG

        Get your own >web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Yahoo! Small Business.