Re: BPQ & Telpac

  • MIchael Melnik Sr.
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 21, 2006
      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "kg9og" <kg9og@...> wrote:
      > HI Brian/KG9OG
      > Well so far the only thing i have been using airmail for is to
      >check for my messages at the winlink server and my FBB BBS
      (Personal messages), i have used it with to link to other BBS'S
      on telnet, to be honost with you i haven't tried it with a TNC,
      the newest version (I Think) 3.3.048, the Writer is still working
      to make it work with AGWPE, I did enable it and like the Writer
      claims it will error out, but i also was running all the other stuff
      with AGW, i haven't tried it to AGWPE by it self, nor have i tried
      it with just a TNC alone, if i get a chance today or tomorrow i will
      experiment with it, What i find dissapointing is that outpost will
      work with AGW, but i have very little good to say about outpost..

      Let me do a little checking Brian, and see what i come up with..

      73-Mike/N9PMO

      > Hi Mike/N9PMO
      > In your Aug 19 post you said
      >
      > > I am running winfbb 7.01a, bpq32u (self installing) Telpac air
      mail
      > > UI-View
      >
      > I have been searching for a way to interface an Airmail packet
      module
      > to a tnc driver like the AGW packet engine. To:
      >
      > 1. Facilitate more kinds of tnc to work with the Airmail program.
      > 2. Enable Airmail and Telpac to share one tnc.
      >
      > I wonder if you have found the secret. I'm curious how you are
      running
      > the Airmail at your location.
      >
      > Or anyone else that has experience linking the Airmail program to a
      > tnc switch.
      > Brian/KG9OG

    • Art Bertheaume
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 21, 2006
        Airmail will not work with AGW.  The author is working on implementing it but at this time, No, it does not work with AGW.
        Art,  N9ZZK

        "MIchael Melnik Sr." <m.melnik@...> wrote:
        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups. com, "kg9og" <kg9og@...> wrote:
        > HI Brian/KG9OG
        > Well so far the only thing i have been using airmail for is to
        >check for my messages at the winlink server and my FBB BBS
        (Personal messages), i have used it with to link to other BBS'S
        on telnet, to be honost with you i haven't tried it with a TNC,
        the newest version (I Think) 3.3.048, the Writer is still working
        to make it work with AGWPE, I did enable it and like the Writer
        claims it will error out, but i also was running all the other stuff
        with AGW, i haven't tried it to AGWPE by it self, nor have i tried
        it with just a TNC alone, if i get a chance today or tomorrow i will
        experiment with it, What i find dissapointing is that outpost will
        work with AGW, but i have very little good to say about outpost..

        Let me do a little checking Brian, and see what i come up with..

        73-Mike/N9PMO

        > Hi Mike/N9PMO
        > In your Aug 19 post you said
        >
        > > I am running winfbb 7.01a, bpq32u (self installing) Telpac air
        mail
        > > UI-View
        >
        > I have been searching for a way to interface an Airmail packet
        module
        > to a tnc driver like the AGW packet engine. To:
        >
        > 1. Facilitate more kinds of tnc to work with the Airmail program.
        > 2. Enable Airmail and Telpac to share one tnc.
        >
        > I wonder if you have found the secret. I'm curious how you are
        running
        > the Airmail at your location.
        >
        > Or anyone else that has experience linking the Airmail program to a
        > tnc switch.
        > Brian/KG9OG

      • MIchael Melnik Sr.
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 23, 2006
          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "kg9og" <kg9og@...> wrote:
          >Brian,
          >Just like to know how you turned out with Telpac, BPQ, AGW ?
          >We allways like to get some feed back, this is how we all learn.
          >

          >Mike/N9PMO

          > Hi Mike/N9PMO
          > In your Aug 19 post you said
          >
          > > I am running winfbb 7.01a, bpq32u (self installing) Telpac air
          mail
          > > UI-View
          >
          > I have been searching for a way to interface an Airmail packet
          module
          > to a tnc driver like the AGW packet engine. To:
          >
          > 1. Facilitate more kinds of tnc to work with the Airmail program.
          > 2. Enable Airmail and Telpac to share one tnc.
          >
          > I wonder if you have found the secret. I'm curious how you are
          running
          > the Airmail at your location.
          >
          > Or anyone else that has experience linking the Airmail program to a
          > tnc switch.
          > Brian/KG9OG

        • Brian Smith
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 26, 2006
            "MIchael Melnik Sr." <m.melnik@...> wrote:
            --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups. com, "kg9og" <kg9og@...> wrote:
            >Brian,
            >Just like to know how you turned out with Telpac, BPQ, AGW ?
            >We allways like to get some feed back, this is how we all learn.
            >

            >Mike/N9PMO

             Hi Mike/N9PMO
            I had not noticed that a new version of AIRMAIL was released recently. Thanks to who pointed that out. In the new version the AGW option gets the AGW version info and the AGW port info then returns a packet initialized ok prompt. Connect attempts send no more frames to the AGW. Just like in the previous version. Interestingly, the latest version when the com port is made an appropriate value opens an UDP client port of that address. In the previous AIRMAIL version. Entering a number in the com port box opened an TCP/IP client port at the address.
            I'm investigating how to make the working AIRMAIL packet client/servers talk to the AGW.
            No problems running the Telpac with AGW. Also running Paclink/winlink, AGW terminal, AGW digipeater, AGWaprs in EOC for county ARES.
            Wish me luck
            73
            Brian/KG9OG

            Get your own >web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Yahoo! Small Business.