Re: BPQ & Telpac

  • MIchael Melnik Sr.
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 19, 2006
      John,
      I am running winfbb 7.01a, bpq32u (self installing) Telpac air mail
      UI-View I hace AGW controlling the TNC'S i run XP Home the sys. has
      worked very well un like the old 700 series, let me know what files
      you need and i will try to help you out. Just a note i did try agw
      a head of bpq, (bpq32 controlling the Tnc's) but to much work and it
      was some what unstable..Mike/N9PMO
    • MIchael Melnik Sr.
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 19, 2006
        John,
        I just thought of something, agw talks with bpq via winsock
        tcp 8001 the same with telpac, click on the agwpe icon,
        click on setup iterfaces, make sure winsock interface is
        checked, and that tcp is change from 8000 to 8001,in telpac
        go to setup, ip should be local host, ip port set to 8001,
        then try a initilize.
        Also any chnges you make in the bpqcfg.txt you need to run
        bpqcfg.exe with only bpq running..

        Mike
        n9pmo@...
      • MIchael Melnik Sr.
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 19, 2006
          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "John H. Green" <wb4moz@...> wrote:
          >John, one more thing the call sign for telpac needs to be the
          same as the BBS call sign you have in BPQ, this is were i ran into
          the problem..Mike
          > Hi
          > I am trying to get telpac to work with bpq32 and agwtobpq.. So
          far I
          > have been able to get telpac to recognize bpq and be registered as
          an
          > application in the agwtobpq show apps. I cannot connect to telpac,
          it
          > just shows connect attempts until timeout...
          > I also have tried winpack - it will not initialize either
          directly
          > to bpq or via the agwtobpq interface.
          >
          > Any suggestions or hints would be appreciated. If anyone has a
          working
          > bpq configuration then a copy of the bpqcfg.txt file might show
          what I
          > am missing.
          >
          > Thanks
          > 73 John

        • kg9og
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 21, 2006
            Hi Mike/N9PMO
            In your Aug 19 post you said

            > I am running winfbb 7.01a, bpq32u (self installing) Telpac air mail
            > UI-View

            I have been searching for a way to interface an Airmail packet module
            to a tnc driver like the AGW packet engine. To:

            1. Facilitate more kinds of tnc to work with the Airmail program.
            2. Enable Airmail and Telpac to share one tnc.

            I wonder if you have found the secret. I'm curious how you are running
            the Airmail at your location.

            Or anyone else that has experience linking the Airmail program to a
            tnc switch.
            Brian/KG9OG
          • MIchael Melnik Sr.
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 21, 2006
              --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "kg9og" <kg9og@...> wrote:
              > HI Brian/KG9OG
              > Well so far the only thing i have been using airmail for is to
              >check for my messages at the winlink server and my FBB BBS
              (Personal messages), i have used it with to link to other BBS'S
              on telnet, to be honost with you i haven't tried it with a TNC,
              the newest version (I Think) 3.3.048, the Writer is still working
              to make it work with AGWPE, I did enable it and like the Writer
              claims it will error out, but i also was running all the other stuff
              with AGW, i haven't tried it to AGWPE by it self, nor have i tried
              it with just a TNC alone, if i get a chance today or tomorrow i will
              experiment with it, What i find dissapointing is that outpost will
              work with AGW, but i have very little good to say about outpost..

              Let me do a little checking Brian, and see what i come up with..

              73-Mike/N9PMO

              > Hi Mike/N9PMO
              > In your Aug 19 post you said
              >
              > > I am running winfbb 7.01a, bpq32u (self installing) Telpac air
              mail
              > > UI-View
              >
              > I have been searching for a way to interface an Airmail packet
              module
              > to a tnc driver like the AGW packet engine. To:
              >
              > 1. Facilitate more kinds of tnc to work with the Airmail program.
              > 2. Enable Airmail and Telpac to share one tnc.
              >
              > I wonder if you have found the secret. I'm curious how you are
              running
              > the Airmail at your location.
              >
              > Or anyone else that has experience linking the Airmail program to a
              > tnc switch.
              > Brian/KG9OG

            • Art Bertheaume
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 21, 2006
                Airmail will not work with AGW.  The author is working on implementing it but at this time, No, it does not work with AGW.
                Art,  N9ZZK

                "MIchael Melnik Sr." <m.melnik@...> wrote:
                --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups. com, "kg9og" <kg9og@...> wrote:
                > HI Brian/KG9OG
                > Well so far the only thing i have been using airmail for is to
                >check for my messages at the winlink server and my FBB BBS
                (Personal messages), i have used it with to link to other BBS'S
                on telnet, to be honost with you i haven't tried it with a TNC,
                the newest version (I Think) 3.3.048, the Writer is still working
                to make it work with AGWPE, I did enable it and like the Writer
                claims it will error out, but i also was running all the other stuff
                with AGW, i haven't tried it to AGWPE by it self, nor have i tried
                it with just a TNC alone, if i get a chance today or tomorrow i will
                experiment with it, What i find dissapointing is that outpost will
                work with AGW, but i have very little good to say about outpost..

                Let me do a little checking Brian, and see what i come up with..

                73-Mike/N9PMO

                > Hi Mike/N9PMO
                > In your Aug 19 post you said
                >
                > > I am running winfbb 7.01a, bpq32u (self installing) Telpac air
                mail
                > > UI-View
                >
                > I have been searching for a way to interface an Airmail packet
                module
                > to a tnc driver like the AGW packet engine. To:
                >
                > 1. Facilitate more kinds of tnc to work with the Airmail program.
                > 2. Enable Airmail and Telpac to share one tnc.
                >
                > I wonder if you have found the secret. I'm curious how you are
                running
                > the Airmail at your location.
                >
                > Or anyone else that has experience linking the Airmail program to a
                > tnc switch.
                > Brian/KG9OG

              • MIchael Melnik Sr.
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 23, 2006
                  --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "kg9og" <kg9og@...> wrote:
                  >Brian,
                  >Just like to know how you turned out with Telpac, BPQ, AGW ?
                  >We allways like to get some feed back, this is how we all learn.
                  >

                  >Mike/N9PMO

                  > Hi Mike/N9PMO
                  > In your Aug 19 post you said
                  >
                  > > I am running winfbb 7.01a, bpq32u (self installing) Telpac air
                  mail
                  > > UI-View
                  >
                  > I have been searching for a way to interface an Airmail packet
                  module
                  > to a tnc driver like the AGW packet engine. To:
                  >
                  > 1. Facilitate more kinds of tnc to work with the Airmail program.
                  > 2. Enable Airmail and Telpac to share one tnc.
                  >
                  > I wonder if you have found the secret. I'm curious how you are
                  running
                  > the Airmail at your location.
                  >
                  > Or anyone else that has experience linking the Airmail program to a
                  > tnc switch.
                  > Brian/KG9OG

                • Brian Smith
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 26, 2006
                    "MIchael Melnik Sr." <m.melnik@...> wrote:
                    --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups. com, "kg9og" <kg9og@...> wrote:
                    >Brian,
                    >Just like to know how you turned out with Telpac, BPQ, AGW ?
                    >We allways like to get some feed back, this is how we all learn.
                    >

                    >Mike/N9PMO

                     Hi Mike/N9PMO
                    I had not noticed that a new version of AIRMAIL was released recently. Thanks to who pointed that out. In the new version the AGW option gets the AGW version info and the AGW port info then returns a packet initialized ok prompt. Connect attempts send no more frames to the AGW. Just like in the previous version. Interestingly, the latest version when the com port is made an appropriate value opens an UDP client port of that address. In the previous AIRMAIL version. Entering a number in the com port box opened an TCP/IP client port at the address.
                    I'm investigating how to make the working AIRMAIL packet client/servers talk to the AGW.
                    No problems running the Telpac with AGW. Also running Paclink/winlink, AGW terminal, AGW digipeater, AGWaprs in EOC for county ARES.
                    Wish me luck
                    73
                    Brian/KG9OG

                    Get your own >web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Yahoo! Small Business.