BPQ & Telpac

  • John H. Green
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 17, 2006
      Hi
      I am trying to get telpac to work with bpq32 and agwtobpq.. So far I
      have been able to get telpac to recognize bpq and be registered as an
      application in the agwtobpq show apps. I cannot connect to telpac, it
      just shows connect attempts until timeout...
      I also have tried winpack - it will not initialize either directly
      to bpq or via the agwtobpq interface.

      Any suggestions or hints would be appreciated. If anyone has a working
      bpq configuration then a copy of the bpqcfg.txt file might show what I
      am missing.

      Thanks
      73 John
    • MIchael Melnik Sr.
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 18, 2006
        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "John H. Green" <wb4moz@...> wrote:
        >John, Why are you trying to get agwpe a head of BPQ, or BPQ
        controlling the TNC,S? I use agwpe to control the TNC's and use
        Telpac, Ui-View with no problems. Mike/N9PMO
        > Hi
        > I am trying to get telpac to work with bpq32 and agwtobpq.. So
        far I
        > have been able to get telpac to recognize bpq and be registered as
        an
        > application in the agwtobpq show apps. I cannot connect to telpac,
        it
        > just shows connect attempts until timeout...
        > I also have tried winpack - it will not initialize either
        directly
        > to bpq or via the agwtobpq interface.
        >
        > Any suggestions or hints would be appreciated. If anyone has a
        working
        > bpq configuration then a copy of the bpqcfg.txt file might show
        what I
        > am missing.
        >
        > Thanks
        > 73 John

      • John H. Green
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 19, 2006
          Mike
              Actually I have Telpac Winpack and Paclinkagw working with AGWPE but have had funny things happen once in a while.. I have been running dos BPQ for many years and like the stability of it. I would like to move off the dos machine to an all windows environment with BPQ32 being the switch to handle everything except Airmail.  As usual, nothing comes easy.
              BPQ32 is up and running, controls the tnc's ok and I am able to use BPQTerminal. Any other program seems to have a problem either initializing or communicating with bpq - either direct to bpq or using BPQtoAGW.. I have tried AGWterm, Winpack and Paclinkagw - none of these will initialize.. Telpac, as I indicated, will initialize and send beacons out, just cannot connect incoming.  I'm probably missing something really simple..
          Thanks
          73  John

          MIchael Melnik Sr. wrote:
[...]

          Yahoo! Groups Links

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • MIchael Melnik Sr.
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 19, 2006
            John,
            I am running winfbb 7.01a, bpq32u (self installing) Telpac air mail
            UI-View I hace AGW controlling the TNC'S i run XP Home the sys. has
            worked very well un like the old 700 series, let me know what files
            you need and i will try to help you out. Just a note i did try agw
            a head of bpq, (bpq32 controlling the Tnc's) but to much work and it
            was some what unstable..Mike/N9PMO
          • MIchael Melnik Sr.
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 19, 2006
              John,
              I just thought of something, agw talks with bpq via winsock
              tcp 8001 the same with telpac, click on the agwpe icon,
              click on setup iterfaces, make sure winsock interface is
              checked, and that tcp is change from 8000 to 8001,in telpac
              go to setup, ip should be local host, ip port set to 8001,
              then try a initilize.
              Also any chnges you make in the bpqcfg.txt you need to run
              bpqcfg.exe with only bpq running..

              Mike
              n9pmo@...
            • MIchael Melnik Sr.
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 19, 2006
                --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "John H. Green" <wb4moz@...> wrote:
                >John, one more thing the call sign for telpac needs to be the
                same as the BBS call sign you have in BPQ, this is were i ran into
                the problem..Mike
                > Hi
                > I am trying to get telpac to work with bpq32 and agwtobpq.. So
                far I
                > have been able to get telpac to recognize bpq and be registered as
                an
                > application in the agwtobpq show apps. I cannot connect to telpac,
                it
                > just shows connect attempts until timeout...
                > I also have tried winpack - it will not initialize either
                directly
                > to bpq or via the agwtobpq interface.
                >
                > Any suggestions or hints would be appreciated. If anyone has a
                working
                > bpq configuration then a copy of the bpqcfg.txt file might show
                what I
                > am missing.
                >
                > Thanks
                > 73 John

              • kg9og
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 21, 2006
                  Hi Mike/N9PMO
                  In your Aug 19 post you said

                  > I am running winfbb 7.01a, bpq32u (self installing) Telpac air mail
                  > UI-View

                  I have been searching for a way to interface an Airmail packet module
                  to a tnc driver like the AGW packet engine. To:

                  1. Facilitate more kinds of tnc to work with the Airmail program.
                  2. Enable Airmail and Telpac to share one tnc.

                  I wonder if you have found the secret. I'm curious how you are running
                  the Airmail at your location.

                  Or anyone else that has experience linking the Airmail program to a
                  tnc switch.
                  Brian/KG9OG
                • MIchael Melnik Sr.
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 21, 2006
                    --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "kg9og" <kg9og@...> wrote:
                    > HI Brian/KG9OG
                    > Well so far the only thing i have been using airmail for is to
                    >check for my messages at the winlink server and my FBB BBS
                    (Personal messages), i have used it with to link to other BBS'S
                    on telnet, to be honost with you i haven't tried it with a TNC,
                    the newest version (I Think) 3.3.048, the Writer is still working
                    to make it work with AGWPE, I did enable it and like the Writer
                    claims it will error out, but i also was running all the other stuff
                    with AGW, i haven't tried it to AGWPE by it self, nor have i tried
                    it with just a TNC alone, if i get a chance today or tomorrow i will
                    experiment with it, What i find dissapointing is that outpost will
                    work with AGW, but i have very little good to say about outpost..

                    Let me do a little checking Brian, and see what i come up with..

                    73-Mike/N9PMO

                    > Hi Mike/N9PMO
                    > In your Aug 19 post you said
                    >
                    > > I am running winfbb 7.01a, bpq32u (self installing) Telpac air
                    mail
                    > > UI-View
                    >
                    > I have been searching for a way to interface an Airmail packet
                    module
                    > to a tnc driver like the AGW packet engine. To:
                    >
                    > 1. Facilitate more kinds of tnc to work with the Airmail program.
                    > 2. Enable Airmail and Telpac to share one tnc.
                    >
                    > I wonder if you have found the secret. I'm curious how you are
                    running
                    > the Airmail at your location.
                    >
                    > Or anyone else that has experience linking the Airmail program to a
                    > tnc switch.
                    > Brian/KG9OG

                  • Art Bertheaume
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 21, 2006
                      Airmail will not work with AGW.  The author is working on implementing it but at this time, No, it does not work with AGW.
                      Art,  N9ZZK

                      "MIchael Melnik Sr." <m.melnik@...> wrote:
                      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups. com, "kg9og" <kg9og@...> wrote:
                      > HI Brian/KG9OG
                      > Well so far the only thing i have been using airmail for is to
                      >check for my messages at the winlink server and my FBB BBS
                      (Personal messages), i have used it with to link to other BBS'S
                      on telnet, to be honost with you i haven't tried it with a TNC,
                      the newest version (I Think) 3.3.048, the Writer is still working
                      to make it work with AGWPE, I did enable it and like the Writer
                      claims it will error out, but i also was running all the other stuff
                      with AGW, i haven't tried it to AGWPE by it self, nor have i tried
                      it with just a TNC alone, if i get a chance today or tomorrow i will
                      experiment with it, What i find dissapointing is that outpost will
                      work with AGW, but i have very little good to say about outpost..

                      Let me do a little checking Brian, and see what i come up with..

                      73-Mike/N9PMO

                      > Hi Mike/N9PMO
                      > In your Aug 19 post you said
                      >
                      > > I am running winfbb 7.01a, bpq32u (self installing) Telpac air
                      mail
                      > > UI-View
                      >
                      > I have been searching for a way to interface an Airmail packet
                      module
                      > to a tnc driver like the AGW packet engine. To:
                      >
                      > 1. Facilitate more kinds of tnc to work with the Airmail program.
                      > 2. Enable Airmail and Telpac to share one tnc.
                      >
                      > I wonder if you have found the secret. I'm curious how you are
                      running
                      > the Airmail at your location.
                      >
                      > Or anyone else that has experience linking the Airmail program to a
                      > tnc switch.
                      > Brian/KG9OG

                    • MIchael Melnik Sr.
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 23, 2006
                        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "kg9og" <kg9og@...> wrote:
                        >Brian,
                        >Just like to know how you turned out with Telpac, BPQ, AGW ?
                        >We allways like to get some feed back, this is how we all learn.
                        >

                        >Mike/N9PMO

                        > Hi Mike/N9PMO
                        > In your Aug 19 post you said
                        >
                        > > I am running winfbb 7.01a, bpq32u (self installing) Telpac air
                        mail
                        > > UI-View
                        >
                        > I have been searching for a way to interface an Airmail packet
                        module
                        > to a tnc driver like the AGW packet engine. To:
                        >
                        > 1. Facilitate more kinds of tnc to work with the Airmail program.
                        > 2. Enable Airmail and Telpac to share one tnc.
                        >
                        > I wonder if you have found the secret. I'm curious how you are
                        running
                        > the Airmail at your location.
                        >
                        > Or anyone else that has experience linking the Airmail program to a
                        > tnc switch.
                        > Brian/KG9OG

                      • Brian Smith
                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 26, 2006
                          "MIchael Melnik Sr." <m.melnik@...> wrote:
                          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups. com, "kg9og" <kg9og@...> wrote:
                          >Brian,
                          >Just like to know how you turned out with Telpac, BPQ, AGW ?
                          >We allways like to get some feed back, this is how we all learn.
                          >

                          >Mike/N9PMO

                           Hi Mike/N9PMO
                          I had not noticed that a new version of AIRMAIL was released recently. Thanks to who pointed that out. In the new version the AGW option gets the AGW version info and the AGW port info then returns a packet initialized ok prompt. Connect attempts send no more frames to the AGW. Just like in the previous version. Interestingly, the latest version when the com port is made an appropriate value opens an UDP client port of that address. In the previous AIRMAIL version. Entering a number in the com port box opened an TCP/IP client port at the address.
                          I'm investigating how to make the working AIRMAIL packet client/servers talk to the AGW.
                          No problems running the Telpac with AGW. Also running Paclink/winlink, AGW terminal, AGW digipeater, AGWaprs in EOC for county ARES.
                          Wish me luck
                          73
                          Brian/KG9OG

                          Get your own >web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Yahoo! Small Business.