Re: agw to bpq32u

  • aar0ar
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 14, 2006
      Mike,

      I am a bit confused. In Telpac you just set TNC to AGWPE and then
      set the filepath to point to your bpq32 directory. I did have to
      move the beacons file to bpq32 directory as I recall as well.

      In bpqcfg.txt you need the 9612 ports as well as the internet port.

      I think you have to just copy the beacon's around to get UI-VIEW to
      work tho I am not familar with that piece.

      Jay WS7I

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "MIchael Melnik Sr." <m.melnik@...>
      wrote:

      > Thanks John for the Info,
      > reviewing and setting the statement in the bpq config.txt as in
      > message 274, Telpac would only work on the axip side (internet) i
      > need to have R.F. access on port 1 of the Kantronics 9612 using
      > BPQ32U to control the Tnc's,However UI-VIEW with the com port set
      > for agwp did send out the proper beacons on port 1 without the use
      > of agw running.
      >
      > It is unclear how to setup agw if need be as a interface between
      > Telpac and BPQ,in the bpq config.txt this is what i need help
      with...

      > Thanks Mike/N9PMO
      >
      > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "MIchael Melnik Sr." <m.melnik@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > John and The Group,
      > >
      > > I need some help as to how to set up bpq32u (latest ver.) to have
      > > bpq access the tnc's , this part i know how to do, i don't know
      > how
      > > to configure the bpq config.txt to alow agw to access bpq and use
      > agw
      > > for telpac in bpq,
      > >
      > > as i have it set now i use agw for the tnc's and using bpq to agw
      > > config.txt.
      > >
      > > I would like to reverse the order, i am also using the following:
      > > winfbb 7.01b to bpq
      > > ui-view to agw
      > > telpac to agw
      > > kantronics 9612 port 1 & 2 from agw
      > > kantronics kpc3 plus port 3
      > > axip in bpq port 4
      > >
      > > any help would be appreciated
      > > Thanks Mike/N9PMO

    • MIchael Melnik Sr.
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 15, 2006
        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "aar0ar" <aar0ar@...> wrote:
        >Thanks Jay for the Reply
        >The only reason i wanted BPQ to control the TNC'S and AGW ahead of
        >BPQ, is for monitoring reasons, in order to see what UI-View is
        doing i have to use the agw monitor.
        John noted that Telpac would have to have the same Call sign that is
        used in BPQ, not trying that, i think their would be a problem when
        one connects to my BBS, would also be connecting to Telpac.

        I am aware that UI-View can be set to BPQ, however I use UI-NWS
        that send out weather Criteria when storms accure in my State and
        is sent out on one of my BBS frequency's, since bpq is not
        configured for BPQ to contol the TNC'S and when the beacon for UI-
        NWS goes out it causes
        UI-View, error and has to close, that is wht i am using the AGW
        setting.
        Now if i can get BPQ configed right so awg is before bpq i would be
        all right.

        The bottom line Jay is, it really isn't that important that i
        monitor all transmissions going out, it just would have been easier
        to monitor with agw ahead of bpq.....Thanks Mike/N9PMO