Re: Trouble with "Real" Port

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 10, 2006
      Yes, I am running the latest (May) version. I downloaded it from the
      files section of Yahoo Groups.

      I am seeing characters lost at least on the sending end of BPQ and
      the receiving port of Winlink, i.e., if I try to log in to a BBS,
      characters are dropped often, and in fact makes the text unreadable
      in places. The characters that do come through are correct. I do
      not know if there is a problem on the receive side of BPQ32. I do
      not have an analyzer.

      My thinking is maybe some characters are being sent too quickly.
      Also, I'm using a card that has two ports on it. Is it possible that
      they are sharing the same interrupt, kind of like if there was a COM2
      and COM4 port on a system, you can't use them both at the same time?

      Not sure, just throwing a couple of ideas out.

      > Bob,
      >
      > Can you confirm you are running the latest (ie May) version,
      particularly
      > bpqtnc2.exe? That fixed some lost data problems. If so, can you
      describe in
      > more detail what you are seeing? Eg, is data lost in both
      directions, and if
      > not, which one? Do you just loose occasional characters, or blocks?
      Does it
      > only affect large messages, or can it be any? I'm away from home at
      the
      > moment, but I'll look into the problem when I get back.
      >
      > Regards,

      Behalf Of
      > Gary - N3JPU
      > Sent: 08 July 2006 11:35
      > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: RE: [BPQ32] Trouble with "Real" Port
      >

      > Up until the May beta release there was an issue with TNC2 that
      dropped
      > data
      > on the serial port. I am using BPQ32 with Winlink Classic just
      fine now,
      > however my BPQ32 is not running on the Win98 box that Winlink is,
      it's on
      > Win2000 box connected via real serial ports.
      >
      > Gary Mitchelson
      > N3JPU Montgomery Co. MD FM19
      > USAF MARS and SHARES: AFA1PU/AFF1MD/AFF1M
      > MD/DC State MARS Director
      > http://www.mitchelson.org/

    • Gary - N3JPU
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 22, 2006
        Anyone providing a SMTP/POP interface on their BPQ32?

        I am looking for a way to forward out messages via e-mail from a Winlink 2.9
        BBS. I am using BPQ32 with it right now for Telnet access but I'd like to
        push Winlink messages out as e-mail too.