RE: [BPQ32] Trouble with "Real" Port

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 10, 2006
      Bob,

      Can you confirm you are running the latest (ie May) version, particularly bpqtnc2.exe? That fixed some lost data problems. If so, can you describe in more detail what you are seeing? Eg, is data lost in both directions, and if not, which one? Do you just loose occasional characters, or blocks? Does it only affect large messages, or can it be any? I'm away from home at the moment, but I'll look into the problem when I get back.

      Regards,

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 10, 2006
        Yes, I am running the latest (May) version. I downloaded it from the
        files section of Yahoo Groups.

        I am seeing characters lost at least on the sending end of BPQ and
        the receiving port of Winlink, i.e., if I try to log in to a BBS,
        characters are dropped often, and in fact makes the text unreadable
        in places. The characters that do come through are correct. I do
        not know if there is a problem on the receive side of BPQ32. I do
        not have an analyzer.

        My thinking is maybe some characters are being sent too quickly.
        Also, I'm using a card that has two ports on it. Is it possible that
        they are sharing the same interrupt, kind of like if there was a COM2
        and COM4 port on a system, you can't use them both at the same time?

        Not sure, just throwing a couple of ideas out.

        > Bob,
        >
        > Can you confirm you are running the latest (ie May) version,
        particularly
        > bpqtnc2.exe? That fixed some lost data problems. If so, can you
        describe in
        > more detail what you are seeing? Eg, is data lost in both
        directions, and if
        > not, which one? Do you just loose occasional characters, or blocks?
        Does it
        > only affect large messages, or can it be any? I'm away from home at
        the
        > moment, but I'll look into the problem when I get back.
        >
        > Regards,

        Behalf Of
        > Gary - N3JPU
        > Sent: 08 July 2006 11:35
        > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: RE: [BPQ32] Trouble with "Real" Port
        >

        > Up until the May beta release there was an issue with TNC2 that
        dropped
        > data
        > on the serial port. I am using BPQ32 with Winlink Classic just
        fine now,
        > however my BPQ32 is not running on the Win98 box that Winlink is,
        it's on
        > Win2000 box connected via real serial ports.
        >
        > Gary Mitchelson
        > N3JPU Montgomery Co. MD FM19
        > USAF MARS and SHARES: AFA1PU/AFF1MD/AFF1M
        > MD/DC State MARS Director
        > http://www.mitchelson.org/

      • Gary - N3JPU
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 22, 2006
          Anyone providing a SMTP/POP interface on their BPQ32?

          I am looking for a way to forward out messages via e-mail from a Winlink 2.9
          BBS. I am using BPQ32 with it right now for Telnet access but I'd like to
          push Winlink messages out as e-mail too.