RE: [BPQ32] Re: Trouble with "Real" Port

  • Gary - N3JPU
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 9, 2006
      I could never get BPQTNC2 to work under Win98 so moved that portion off to a
      Win2K or XP box and it works well connecting via Winlink's packet port.

      Gary Mitchelson
      N3JPU Montgomery Co. MD FM19
      USAF MARS and SHARES: AFA1PU/AFF1MD/AFF1M
      MD/DC State MARS Director
      http://www.mitchelson.org/

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 9, 2006
        I have a WinXP box, but it sometimes gets messed up for some reason.
        Also, I'm cheap and electricity is expensive around here...we had a
        22% rate hike in January. I really don't want to keep a machine
        running just to have BPQ. But maybe I'll change my mind.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 10, 2006
          Bob,

          Can you confirm you are running the latest (ie May) version, particularly bpqtnc2.exe? That fixed some lost data problems. If so, can you describe in more detail what you are seeing? Eg, is data lost in both directions, and if not, which one? Do you just loose occasional characters, or blocks? Does it only affect large messages, or can it be any? I'm away from home at the moment, but I'll look into the problem when I get back.

          Regards,

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 10, 2006
            Yes, I am running the latest (May) version. I downloaded it from the
            files section of Yahoo Groups.

            I am seeing characters lost at least on the sending end of BPQ and
            the receiving port of Winlink, i.e., if I try to log in to a BBS,
            characters are dropped often, and in fact makes the text unreadable
            in places. The characters that do come through are correct. I do
            not know if there is a problem on the receive side of BPQ32. I do
            not have an analyzer.

            My thinking is maybe some characters are being sent too quickly.
            Also, I'm using a card that has two ports on it. Is it possible that
            they are sharing the same interrupt, kind of like if there was a COM2
            and COM4 port on a system, you can't use them both at the same time?

            Not sure, just throwing a couple of ideas out.

            > Bob,
            >
            > Can you confirm you are running the latest (ie May) version,
            particularly
            > bpqtnc2.exe? That fixed some lost data problems. If so, can you
            describe in
            > more detail what you are seeing? Eg, is data lost in both
            directions, and if
            > not, which one? Do you just loose occasional characters, or blocks?
            Does it
            > only affect large messages, or can it be any? I'm away from home at
            the
            > moment, but I'll look into the problem when I get back.
            >
            > Regards,

          • Gary - N3JPU
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 22, 2006
              Anyone providing a SMTP/POP interface on their BPQ32?

              I am looking for a way to forward out messages via e-mail from a Winlink 2.9
              BBS. I am using BPQ32 with it right now for Telnet access but I'd like to
              push Winlink messages out as e-mail too.