setkiss

  • peter
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 5, 2011
      Hi,My KAM is lockup in kiss and I cant get it out..
      I downloaded kissexit and setkiss but getting a error in opening kissexit... kam 5 is open I tried hard reset but no luck...
      any help please..
      Peter 9y4pj
    • Jim

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 5, 2011

          Peter I have found on good advice from a HAM back several years…

          Remove the power and backup battery entirely.. NOT just the battery JUMPER… Take a jumper Test lead, and connect to the TNC Ground. Make sure you are grounded as well.

          Then run the other end across the CPU and RAM Chips.. This will clear any stuck bits…

          I have done this successfully on KAMs especially V5 and MFJ TNCs…

          First time I saw it done I thought this is nuts… But I saw it work on 4 MFJ and 1 KAM TNC that had been in storage for years, and came up electrically scrambled, or just locked up in some mode.…

          73 Jerry N9LYA

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 5, 2011
            Peter

            The Kissexit program is missing a module, disconnect power to the TNC,
            Remove the Lithium backup battery for a couple of minutes, reinstall
            The battery, power up, you should see ASCII charters then enter BAUD Rate
            When you see this hit CTRL-8 enter you call sign, hopefully that should
            Do it, the other way is to use the KISS Break code, must be down in order:

            Hold the ALT key at the same time enter 192 on the numeric key pad, NOT the
            Keyboard, Release
            Hold the ALT key at the same time enter 255 on the numeric key pad, Release
            Hold the ALT key at the same time enter 192 on the numeric key pad, Release

            If the terminal program you are using is sending the three codes you should
            be out of KISS, how ever I have had poor luck with the code.

            I find using AGWPE setup for the TNC and to EXIT KISS on Close is the
            easiest way to remove the TNC from KISS.

            I will try to find the missing Module for the Kiss Exit program and add it
            to the files section for future use.

            Mike-N9PMO

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 5, 2011
                Hi Dave

                Yes that would work also any way to disconnect the memory backup,
                I re-downloaded the KISSEXIT.ZIP file with the needed MSCOMM32.OCX
                Some windows operating systems are missing this OCX and the KISSEXIT
                Will fail, it should work now for all Kantronics TNC'S

                73

                Mike-N9PMO

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 6, 2011
                  It seems some anti-virus products are still reporting BPQTNC2.exe as containing a virus.

                  I've re-arranged the code and it now passes all the scanners I can test with. The new version will be included in the next release, but if you wnat to run bpqtnc2.exe and your anti-virus won't let you, you can download the new version from http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/Bpqtnc2.zip

                • enkitec@gmail.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 6, 2011
                    On 06-Jan-11 08:42, John Wiseman wrote:
                    Message
                    It seems some anti-virus products are still reporting BPQTNC2.exe as containing a virus.

                    I've re-arranged the code and it now passes all the scanners I can test with. The new version will be included in the next release, but if you wnat to run bpqtnc2.exe and your anti-virus won't let you, you can download the new version from http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/Bpqtnc2.zip

                        Here you can submit any file to 18 anti-virus at once.

                        http://virusscan.jotti.org/en/

                        73, Mark

                  • Jeff - WA4ZKO
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 6, 2011
                      VirusTotal is another good one. Has about 40+ some odd scan engines to test against:

                      http://www.virustotal.com

                      73
                      Jeff
                      WA4ZKO

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 6, 2011

                        Just replaced the TNC2.EXE rebooted computer all worked fine this time
                        Norton didn't remove the .EXE

                        Thanks.

                        Mike-N9PMO
                        It seems some anti-virus products are still reporting BPQTNC2.exe as
                        containing a virus.

                        I've re-arranged the code and it now passes all the scanners I can test
                        with. The new version will be included in the next release, but if you want