Latest release...

  • kc5cnt
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2011
      Hello all,

      I have a bit of a strange situation. I just downloaded the 12/20/2010 release of this application and upon installation Symantec informed me that the BPQTNC2.exe file was infected with Trojan.Gen.2 and immediately quarantined the file. Has anyone else had this happen, is it a known issue where Symantec views the file as a trojan?

      I am trying to re-establish my packet setup after moving and other issues. I am trying to migrate to a windows based app from DOS and several of my fellow sysop friends swear by this app.

      Thanks and 73s,

      Russ KC5CNT
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2011
        Message
        Russ,

        A number of anti virus packages have started reporting BPQTNC2.exe as infected. Both mine (Avast and MS Security Essentials) say it is ok, and I'm as certain as I can be that it is a false positive.

        73,
        John G8BPQ

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 3, 2011
          https://submit.symantec.com/false_positive/

          Don't know about a similar link for the other AV products.

          73
          Jeff
          WA4ZKO

          > Russ,
          >
          > A number of anti virus packages have started reporting BPQTNC2.exe as
          > infected. Both mine (Avast and MS Security Essentials) say it is ok, and I'm
          > as certain as I can be that it is a false positive.
          >
          > 73,
          > John G8BPQ

        • Jerry
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 3, 2011

            Russ Ignore, that it’s a false report. There is no virus… 73 jerry

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 3, 2011
              Thank you to all who responded.