RE: [BPQ32] New Install BPQMailChat

    Message 1 of 20 , Dec 28, 2010
      Charles

      All though there has been some changes or additions the installation is
      Very simple, some of the high lights are:
      Housekeeping
      Welcome Messages (May be edited)
      Message Filters, (Reject & Hold for FROM, TO & AT)
      Some minor changes in the Manage Users and Manage Forwarding:
      RMS Polling
      Auto Registry Save, Enable/Disable keeps all your forwarding partners,
      settings
      Etc, Root will be in the BPQ32 Folder
      Return Message Routing Function

      After installing the latest version you will need to save the configuration,
      and
      Next two or three Tabs, then restart MailChat.

      Changes in BPQ32_410p_20101220 (Latest Version) the BPQ Telnet Server is now

      Set up in the BPQ32.CFG File, if you were using the BPQTelnetServer.cfg from

      Previous versions please make a copy, In the Telnet Server is added to the
      BPQ332.CFG
      The Telnet Server will Auto Start with BPQ32.EXE, the AXIP.CFG and IPGATEWAY
      can also
      Be placed in the BPQ32.CFG File.
      INP3 Routes can be used to help prevent Flooding your Nodes Table from XNET
      and similar.

      I am sure I missed a few things but feel free to ask,

      Mike-N9PMO
      Message 2 of 20 , Dec 28, 2010
        Thanks, Mike!

        All of the changes look to be good ones. It's all working but no FWD yet. By the time I got it set up and ready, it was too late to expect much out of 20m. - I'll get a chance to see it in action tomorrow morning.

        I still don't see any way to reject messages by size criteria, a basic SYSOP tool that all other BBS software offers... If it gets to be a problem, I may have to stop taking @WW stuff. - Not that any of it would really be missed, eh?

        73 DE Charles, N5PVL

        Message 3 of 20 , Dec 28, 2010
          Hi Charles,

          Check out this link...it should explain how to set limits on forwarding, etc.

          http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/BPQ%20Mail%20and%20Chat%20Server%20Mail%20Forwarding.htm##TYPES

          Ken KD6PGI

          Message 4 of 20 , Dec 29, 2010
            Thank you, Ken!

            I had seen the screen before, but missed the "Max size to Recv" - which looks like what I am needing. Entering all of the setup parameters is a big step up from tinkering with a series of text files, but it is taking some getting used to.

            I am looking forward to my first connect with the new setup on 20m, some time later this morning.

            73 DE Charles, N5PVL

            Message 5 of 20 , Jun 24, 2014

              John, Where is this file? I don't see it in the directory and need to setup the telnet server in BPQMAIL and then onto the RF ports. This will be fun after running DRSI for 25 years then going to KISS TNC's.

              But I don't see the Telnet server program anywhere. What am I missing?

              73 Dave

              n4zkf

              Message 6 of 20 , Jun 24, 2014

                Dave,

                TelnetServer is no longer a separate program. It is now part of BPQ32. You just need to configure a Telnet Port. See

                http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/TelnetServer.htm

                Kiss port setup is pretty much the same as for DOS BPQCode. I did have an experimental driver for DRSI, but it is a long time since I had a machine with ISA slots, so haven't been able to keep it up to date.

                73, John