Re: Running Programs written to use TFWIN, TFWIN32 or TF2AGW with BPQ32

  • stevenstimpson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2006
      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "John Wiseman" <john.wiseman@...>
      wrote:

      > I've just uploaded drivers (BPQDED.ZIP) which allows programs,
      such as
      > WFBB16, WFBB32 and TSTHWIN, which were written to use a DED Host
      Mode
      > TNC via the TFWIN, TFWIN32 or TF2AGW drivers, to use BPQ32.
      > Documentation is included in the .zip file.
      >
      > Regards,
      > John, G8BPQ

      Works great! But I found a showstopper:

      If anyone on the frequency uses a old fashioned
      digipeater, and that digipeated frame is monitored,
      the whole thing comes crashing down. I would have
      to dig deep to give you the exact error and addresses,
      but would suggest you give it a try on a freq
      that uses digi's.

      like n1ohx>mofor>n1llu type frames.

      I am using fbb16 7.00I, with bpqded16.dll renamed to
      tfwin.dll and placed in the fbb directory. interface in
      winfbb is selected as tfwin. bpqded32 is in systemroot.

      Like I said, it works great, till that pesky digipeated frame
      comes along :-(

      address is steven2@...

      best 73 and thanks for taking the time to make these
      valuable drivers! it is appreciated!

      steven,
      N1OHX
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 29, 2006
        Hi Steven,

        Sorry for the delay in replying - I've been away sailing.

        I've looked into this, and it seems to be a clash between the
        monitor format I generate, and what FBB expects. I'll investigate
        further after the sailing season, but in the meantime you can get
        round it by supressing monitoring in FBB - just remove the line "M
        IUSC" (or similar) from INITTNC1.SYS. You can still monitor using
        BPQTERMINAL.

        Regards,

        John