BBS

  • wd6dfh
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 16, 2010
      Well this is my first attempt to install BPQ32 and have a question.
      All is working ok so far, in fact I have been on air and made a connect on HF Packet, however I noticed that trying to get into my BBS I get this message "Sorry Application HOST is not running-Please try later". How do you get this working? What HOST pgrm? I have the following
      APPLICATIONS=BBS

      APPL1CALL=WD6DFH-1
      APPL1ALIAS=DFHBBS
      APPL1QUAL=255

      This is one complicated program.

      Thanks
      Todd WD6DFH
    • Bill
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 16, 2010

        Todd

                        Have you installed, started and configured BPQMailChat?

        73 Bill

        N9ACQ

      • Bill
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 16, 2010

          Todd

                          Also the BBS call sign –SSID cannot be the same as the BPQ node call sign –SSID.

          73 Bill

          N9ACQ

          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 16, 2010
            Set in BPQMailChat Configuration, Main Configuration, BBS Call WD6DFH BBS
            APPL Number 1
            BBS Streams above 0 I use 15
            Save, Restart BPQMailChat

            Mike-N9PMO

            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 16, 2010
              Thanks for the input. Tried all and now all I get is "Failed to create base directory-exiting" and bombs. Deleted the BPQ32 directory plus the BPQ32.dll file in System32 and reloaded all and same thing. Looks like a complete reload of the computer and start over. Something is not being deleted that needs to be. Tomorrow is another day.

              73's
              Todd wd6dfh
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 16, 2010
                With BPQMailChat Closed,

                In the RUN Box, type, Regedit, Enter, expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACINE, Expand
                Software, Expand G8BPQ, BPQ, click on the BPQMailChat, In the Right Window
                frame, double click the BaseDir, Type C:\Program File\BPQ32, Click OK

                Note, The base directory must be the same director, by default this is where
                it will be installed, if you choose another path use that path.

                Mike-N9PMO

                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 16, 2010
                  Correction:
                  Type C:\Program Files\BPQ32

                  Mike-N9PMO

                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 16, 2010
                    Thanks Mike. That did it. Sure is nice to have people around that know what they are doing. Now to get it back where I was before and am sure it will be ok.

                    73's
                    Todd wd6dfh
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 16, 2010
                      NO Problem Todd, just let us know if you are in need of further help.

                      73

                      Mike-N9PMO

                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 9, 2011
                        When I enter "BBS" my system connects to a BBS other than mine. I have made no config changes. It just started happening this evening.
                      • Ron Stordahl
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jun 9, 2011
                          Is your connection string for BBS a connection to an alias?  If so perhaps someone else is using the same alias and is getting an earlier position in your nodes table.

                          Ron

                          Message 12 of 13 , Jun 9, 2011
                            I use w9jun-5, junbbs

                            --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Ron Stordahl <ron_n5in@...> wrote:

                            > Is your connection string for BBS a connection to an alias?  If so perhaps someone else is using the same alias and is getting an earlier position in your nodes table.
                            >
                            > Ron

                          • w4jml
                            Message 13 of 13 , Oct 8, 2012
                              JUST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT I AM NOW ON THE AIR WITH BPQ AND FBB, WITH THE HELP OF N9PMO I AM NOW ON 145.730 IN LYNCHBURG, VA.

                              73'S
                              JOHN
                              W4JML.#SWVA.VA.USA.NOAM