DNS through DDYNDNS Question

  • Bill Erhardt
    Message 1 of 36 , Dec 10, 2010
      Gm from Bill K7MT.

      I have been battling AXIP since I loaded BPQ 32. Mike N9PMO and Ken KD6PGI have been great but I am still having issues I don not understand.

      Net Gear Router is set up forwarding 10093 10090 and 10076.  I put the computer IP address, mask, and DNS in the roter and to it to use DYNDNS and said use Dyamic Services and got address  206.127.117.23. Net Gear seems Happy !!!!!

      DYNDNS I set up a Host of k7mt-6 k7mt-6.dynalias.com.  Mike said he can ping it with no loss so its good.

      I have three stations mapped in BPQ   Each station  (N7YHE-5, N0PMO-2 KD6PGI-1) has my MAP K7MT-6 K7MT-6.DYNALIAS.COM UDP 10093 B

      PORT
       PORTNUM=2  ; Optional but sets port number if stated
       ID=AX/IP/UDP  ; Displayed by PORTS command
       TYPE=EXTERNAL  ; Calls an external module
       DLLNAME=BPQAXIP.DLL ; Uses BPQAXIP.DLL
       QUALITY=210  ; Quality factor applied to node broadcasts heard on
         ; this port, unless overridden by a locked route
         ; entry. Setting to 0 stops node broadcasts
       MINQUAL=172  ; Entries in the nodes table with qualities greater or
         ; equal to MINQUAL will be sent on this port. A value
         ; of 0 sends everything.
       MAXFRAME=7  ; Max outstanding frames (1 thru 7)
       FRACK=3000  ; Level 2 timout in milliseconds
       RESPTIME=1000  ; Level 2 delayed ack timer in milliseconds
       RETRIES=5  ; Level 2 maximum retry value
       PACLEN=236  ; Max = 236

      CONFIG   ; BPQAXIP.cfg has been deprecated.  Instead the AXIP
         ; configuration occurs here:
       MHEARD ON  ; Opens AXIP MHEARD window
       UDP 10093  ; Listens for UDP packets on this port number
       UDP 10076  ; Special for N7YHE Port

      ; Starting with bpqaxip.dll version 1.14.1.1 the default behavior is to not
      ; add information to BPQ32's nodes table for AX/IP/UDP nodes which are not
      ; explicitly listed in the bpqaxip.cfg file.  The default behavior can be
      ; modified with these commands:
      DONTCHECKSOURCECALL ;This option allows entries in the NODES table from
         ;stations sending you nodes broadcasts without the
         ;corresponding node being configured in bpqaxip.cfg.

      AUTOADDMAP  ;This option automatically adds the node call and
         ;address of a node for which you do not have a
         ;pre-arranged fixed entry in bpqaxip.cfg.  If the
         ;option DONTCHECKSOURCECALL is specified then the
         ;AUTOADDMAP option is ignored.

      BROADCAST NODES
      BROADCAST ID

      MAP N7YHE-5 N7YHE.DYNDNS.ORG UDP 10076 B
      MAP N9PMO-2 N9PMO.DYNDNS.ORG UDP 10093 B
      MAP KD6PGI-1 KD6PGI.DYNALIAS.NET UDP 10093 B
      MAP DUMMY bpqchatmon.ham-radio-op.net UDP 10090

      ;MAP n1rcw-12 n1rcw.org UDP 10093 B
      ENDPORT

      Mike N9PMO has me set up DONTCHECKSOURCE CALL.

      My Wndows Firewall has BPQ as exception and I added UDP Ports 10090 93 and 76 to exceptions to see if it would work but no change.

      When I added N7YHE-5 Mike in Billings, Mt.  he immediatley got my nodes list and it showed up in the program but he could not connect to any of them.  I am not seeing N7YHE-5 here in Helena.

      This leads me to believe I have something wrong  at the DYNDNS  in my router  or in my BPQ program as Mike N7YHE is sending me his node nroadcast.

      For several days I had Mike Melik N9PMO coming in and he was seeing me just fine but now it has stopped two days ago.  Ken KD6PGI and I had issues in the beginning and he helped me setup but I lost his connection.  He shut it off at his end and all of a sudden he is the only one I am hearing....

      Help from Bill in Montana
      Message 36 of 36 , Dec 13, 2010
        HI Bill

        I should have seen you as I use the AUTOADDMAP function I added your
        Host, and have been watching for a response from the Poll I send, Some
        routers
        Are harder to get port forwarding to work then others, I have had a couple
        of
        Hams that had to enter the Port twice to make it work,

        Have you looked at the Web Site: http://portforward.com/

        Mike-N9PMO