Running Programs written to use TFWIN, TFWIN32 or TF2AGW with BPQ32

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6, 2006
      I've just uploaded drivers (BPQDED.ZIP) which allows programs, such as
      WFBB16, WFBB32 and TSTHWIN, which were written to use a DED Host Mode
      TNC via the TFWIN, TFWIN32 or TF2AGW drivers, to use BPQ32.
      Documentation is included in the .zip file.

      Regards,
      John, G8BPQ
    • stevenstimpson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2006
        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "John Wiseman" <john.wiseman@...>
        wrote:

        > I've just uploaded drivers (BPQDED.ZIP) which allows programs,
        such as
        > WFBB16, WFBB32 and TSTHWIN, which were written to use a DED Host
        Mode
        > TNC via the TFWIN, TFWIN32 or TF2AGW drivers, to use BPQ32.
        > Documentation is included in the .zip file.
        >
        > Regards,
        > John, G8BPQ

        Works great! But I found a showstopper:

        If anyone on the frequency uses a old fashioned
        digipeater, and that digipeated frame is monitored,
        the whole thing comes crashing down. I would have
        to dig deep to give you the exact error and addresses,
        but would suggest you give it a try on a freq
        that uses digi's.

        like n1ohx>mofor>n1llu type frames.

        I am using fbb16 7.00I, with bpqded16.dll renamed to
        tfwin.dll and placed in the fbb directory. interface in
        winfbb is selected as tfwin. bpqded32 is in systemroot.

        Like I said, it works great, till that pesky digipeated frame
        comes along :-(

        address is steven2@...

        best 73 and thanks for taking the time to make these
        valuable drivers! it is appreciated!

        steven,
        N1OHX
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 29, 2006
          Hi Steven,

          Sorry for the delay in replying - I've been away sailing.

          I've looked into this, and it seems to be a clash between the
          monitor format I generate, and what FBB expects. I'll investigate
          further after the sailing season, but in the meantime you can get
          round it by supressing monitoring in FBB - just remove the line "M
          IUSC" (or similar) from INITTNC1.SYS. You can still monitor using
          BPQTERMINAL.

          Regards,

          John