RE: [BPQ32] Mike N9PMO Lost internet Connection

    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 8, 2010
      Hi Mark

      The Router for the packet stuff is a D-Link DI-604 it may be time to replace
      It, not easy to find routers with enough ports available I need about 15-20

      Thanks-73

      Mike Melnik-N9PMO
      Web WWW.N9PMO.com
      Group Moderator http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BPQ32/

      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 8, 2010
        Just add a switch to one port of the router. It will work fine.

        David Calder
        Southeastern Territory Supervisor
        American Tower Corporation
        386-316-5211
        386-239-0619 fax

        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 8, 2010
          Hi Dave
          That may not be a bad idea, but I first should explain the setup, first
          Is the Cable Modem, then into the DI-604 also a Linksys Wireless Router
          Connected to the DI-604, the wireless router is for all of my son's games
          etc.
          All of these are located in my Son's room, a CAT 6 cable from the DI-604
          goes
          To a Netgear switch in the Radio room for three computers all with a static
          LAN address, The Linksys doesn't have enough ports for all of my packet
          applications.

          The Netgear switch is also new, I replaced it when I first started having
          this problem.

          Will try switching ports on the D-Link, how ever it is about 3 years old now
          before and has
          The latest firmware update, no longer supported by D-Link.

          The other thing that crossed my mind is the D-Link is also the DYNDNS Host
          updater
          No Software, this may be failing How ever most of us I assume are using the
          AUTOADDMAP Function in AXIP.CFG, so as long As I am sending my IP there
          shouldn't
          Be a problem with it coming back, and I also have a STATIC WAN Address.

          To be on the safe side I am going too install the DNS Software updater.

          Thanks-73

          Mike Melnik-N9PMO
          Web WWW.N9PMO.com
          Group Moderator http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BPQ32/

          Not sure what you have there. But, Linksys
          routers are notorious for doing that.

          - Mark K2CAN

          On 12/8/2010 8:45 AM, Mike Melnik wrote:
          > Thanks Bill & Jerry for the heads up, this has
          > been an ongoing problem here
          > I have to remotely restart the router then all
          > is well for a while.
          >
          > Mike Melnik-N9PMO
          > Web WWW.N9PMO.com
          > Group Moderator
          > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BPQ32/

        • Jerry
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 8, 2010

            I have a Linksys wrt54GL running DD_WRT V24 SP2 Firmware and never had the first problem on any of the three I have here.… 1 is my main router the other two are Client Bridges.

            I could set you up with one.. I quit using Linksys Firmware 5+ years ago… Jerry

            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 8, 2010

              Also it’s a wireless router you could get rid of your D-LINK and the other Linksys wireless device. www.dd-wrt.com

              Also read at www.linksysinfo.org

              I always replace the links firmware with DD-WRT firmware straight out of the box…

              Everyone in my family has one of these… 73 jerry

              I have a Linksys wrt54GL running DD_WRT V24 SP2 Firmware and never had the first problem on any of the three I have here.… 1 is my main router the other two are Client Bridges.

              I could set you up with one.. I quit using Linksys Firmware 5+ years ago… Jerry

              Not sure what you have there. But, Linksys
              routers are notorious for doing that.

              - Mark K2CAN

              On 12/8/2010 8:45 AM, Mike Melnik wrote:
              > Thanks Bill & Jerry for the heads up, this has
              > been an ongoing problem here
              > I have to remotely restart the router then all
              > is well for a while.
              >
              > Mike Melnik-N9PMO
              > Web WWW.N9PMO.com
              > Group Moderator
              > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BPQ32/

            • Mark Harloff
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 8, 2010
                Jerry,

                I run that router too for the LAN here for the
                personal computers in the house..(BPQ, ARC, a
                Web Server and a WX Server are all connected
                outside the router via a hub).
                I could never get incoming links on BPQ to stay
                up and had Users constantly get disconnected
                from the Cluster so I bypassed the router for
                that machine.
                I suspected the problem was the fault of the
                Linksys firmware. Your experience with the
                DD-WRT firmware helps confirm that. Converting
                to the DD-WRT firmware would certainly be a good
                idea for those running 54GL's.
                In any event, I no longer have those problems
                since I am not going through a router anymore
                for the above services.

                Thanks for the info.

                - Mark K2CAN

                On 12/8/2010 4:02 PM, Jerry wrote:
                > I have a Linksys wrt54GL running DD_WRT V24 SP2
                > Firmware and never had the first problem on any
                > of the three I have here.? 1 is my main router
                > the other two are Client Bridges.
                >
                > I could set you up with one.. I quit using
                > Linksys Firmware 5+ years ago? Jerry

                This email was scanned by VIPRE version 4.0.3904 when it was sent, using definitions version 7565
              • Jerry
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 8, 2010
                  Hi Mark...

                  I had all kinds of link problems also the very limited port forwarding with
                  the original Linksys firmware...
                  DD-WRT opens a whole new world of router capabilities...

                  I set one up at both my Boys house as a Repeater with outdoor roof top
                  antennas and now they can connect to any "OPEN" WiFi Signal from home...

                  ISP bills are gone...

                  And talk about stable...

                  I stay away from the beta releases unless they offer a new enhanced feature
                  I want to try and then if it proves worthy.. I may run with it... I am
                  running the latest on the repeaters as it seems really stable..

                  Any I will get back to on topic discussion...

                  Anyone wanting to do some BBS forwarding or RMS LINKING VIA WINMOR from 80
                  thru 10 meters???????

                  73 jerry n9lya

                  I run that router too for the LAN here for the personal computers in the
                  house..(BPQ, ARC, a Web Server and a WX Server are all connected outside the
                  router via a hub).
                  I could never get incoming links on BPQ to stay up and had Users constantly
                  get disconnected from the Cluster so I bypassed the router for that machine.
                  I suspected the problem was the fault of the Linksys firmware. Your
                  experience with the DD-WRT firmware helps confirm that. Converting to the
                  DD-WRT firmware would certainly be a good idea for those running 54GL's.
                  In any event, I no longer have those problems since I am not going through a
                  router anymore for the above services.

                  Thanks for the info.

                  - Mark K2CAN

                  On 12/8/2010 4:02 PM, Jerry wrote:
                  > I have a Linksys wrt54GL running DD_WRT V24 SP2 Firmware and never had
                  > the first problem on any of the three I have here.? 1 is my main
                  > router the other two are Client Bridges.
                  >
                  > I could set you up with one.. I quit using Linksys Firmware 5+ years
                  > ago? Jerry

                • DEC

                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 8, 2010

                      Hi Dave… Cool.. I did the heat sink and overclocking as well. Have a couple outdoor antennas.. Can sit anywhere in the neighborhood with my laptop or smartphone…

                      Good idea.. I could setup a spare unit completely drop n place…

                      I have not had any failures.. but that’s a possibility…

                      I have one I added the serial ports to… As well as the memory card… I just play around with it for fun at this point..

                      Hey a good question came my way…

                      How can I tell with BPQ-RMS is working correctly? I connect to a station via WINMOR for rms exchange.. But I am not sure what to look for to see if it is working correctly>?

                      73 jerry