BBS Error Message "Some Configuration Parameters Missing"

  • Tony
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 5, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 13 KB
    All,

    I've tried setting up BPQChatMail several times, but I keep getting the
    error message "configuration parameters missing". When I try to connect
    to the BBS, BPQ returns "application not running".

    The parameters in the BBS Params tab are as follows:

    BBS CALL : K2MO-1
    SYSOP CALL : K2MO
    H Route : left blank
    Base Directory : C:\Program Files\BPQ32\BPQMailChat\Mail
    BBS Appl Number :1
    BBS Streams :3
    Enable UI system : unchecked

    I haven't tampered with the other tabs; ISP Interfece, Chat etc. I'm a
    novice at this so any help would be appreciated. I've attached my config
    file.

    Thanks,

    Tony -K2MO

    I've attached a copy of my config file
  • Bill
    Message 2 of 4 , Dec 5, 2010

      Tony

                      Your application definitions are incorrect . Only one APPLICATIONS= allowed. Delete the second one as AGW is not an application to BPQ. Also you should have an alias for the BBS and I would use the following,  APPL1ALIAS=KPBBS.

      73 Bill

      N9ACQ

    • Ken Jacobs
      Message 3 of 4 , Dec 5, 2010
        Hi Tony,

        Your H-route should be something like state.country.continent (ie......    OR.USA.NOAM)

        You also must go through each tab in the Main Configuration of BPQMail chat and hit the SAVE button. Even if you leave the default settings......then when you restart BPQMail, you should not see that error.

        Ken KD6PGI

        Message 4 of 4 , Dec 5, 2010
          On 12/5/2010 4:55 PM, Ken Jacobs wrote:
          > You also must go through each tab in the Main Configuration of
          > BPQMail chat and hit the SAVE button. Even if you leave the default
          > settings......then when you restart BPQMail, you should not see that
          > error. Ken KD6PGI

          Clicking save for all tabs in the main configuration did the trick Ken.
          I have to tweak things a bit, but the BBS is working. Thanks to you and
          to everyone who offered to help.

          Tony -K2MO