Re: [BPQ32] bpq32 and wfbb

  • Pascal Lafond
    Message 1 of 23 , Apr 5 3:24 AM
      I think is funet.fi

      73' de Pascal
      ve2hom

      Wm Lewis a écrit :
      Mike :

      When I tried that link, it says the domain does not exist.  In fact it says
      FUNET.IF  doesn't exist either?

      Is there a typo in the URL ??

      Thanks
      Bill

      From: "Mike Melnik" <m.melnik@...>
      To: <BPQ32@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: RE: [BPQ32] bpq32 and wfbb
      Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 08:54:06 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

      Bill,
      Here is the Web Page,
      FTP://FTP.funet.if/pub/ham/packet/BBS/f6fbb/distrib/win32/alpha/

      Down Load win701-35.zip, WinFbb701-20 setup.exe and
      Winfbbcfg1.1 zip

      Mike/N9PMO

      Message 2 of 23 , Apr 5 7:13 AM
        Bill,
        Here is the F6FBB Web site,
        Click on UP/Download,  you can try the Download Area, but I have
        Found them to be very slow, so I use the FBB Mirrors, down lower
        On the page, if you still have a problem let me know what
        Operating System your using and I will send you the needed
        Zip Files...Mike/N9PMO

        When I tried that link, it says the domain does not exist.  In fact it says
        FUNET.IF  doesn't exist either?

        Is there a typo in the URL ??

        Thanks
        Bill

        >From: "Mike Melnik" <m.melnik@...>
        >Subject: RE: [BPQ32] bpq32 and wfbb
        >Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 08:54:06 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)
        >
        >Bill,
        >Here is the Web Page,
        >FTP://FTP.funet.if/pub/ham/packet/BBS/f6fbb/distrib/win32/alpha/
        >
        >Down Load win701-35.zip, WinFbb701-20 setup.exe and
        >Winfbbcfg1.1 zip
        >
        >Mike/N9PMO

      • Wm Lewis
        Message 3 of 23 , Apr 5 7:15 AM
          Pascal.

          You were correct. it was "FI" and not "IF"

          Also, second typo was using CAPITAL LETTERS in the url.

          After I made you r change, I couldn'd find it until I made the url all
          lowercase letters.

          Then it worked.

          Here is the corrected url:

          ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/ham/packet/bbs/f6fbb/distrib/win32/alpha/

          A big thanks to you and Mike

          Bill - KG6BAJ

        • hs1lmv@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 23 , Apr 5 8:54 AM
            Hi Bill,

            This is not the direct toic with BPQ32 but I think its may useful for anyone who would like to try BPQ32 with WinFBB 7.01.35 (WinFBB 7.01b) and have no idea to start with, this will help them save much of time

            You may have to try this steps
            1.) Download WinFBB 7.01.20 base software and install it

            2.) Upgrade to WinFBB 7.01.35 by replace it original winfbb.exe with this file

            3.) Upgrade generic.dll with the following file

            4.) Upgrade driver.dll with this file to improve its performance such as DED crash or bpq

            5.) Then upgrade winfbbcfg.exe with version 1.7.1 which available on the following EB5EVB website

            At this point after you configure the winfbb we should get it work and running, then you may have to ugrade bpq.dll as G8BPQ has distribute on previous topic.  The WinFBB diectory can be found at ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/ham/packet/bbs/f6fbb/distrib/win32/alpha/WinFbb-Tree.gif

            Enjoy BPQ32 with WinFBB 7.01.35

            73 De HS1LMV
            e-mail : hs1lmv@...
                        private@...-ip.org
                        private@...
            Telnet FBB BBS : hs1lmv.no-ip.org
            Echolink Conference Node : *THAI*
            TeamSpeak Server : *THAI* TeamSpeak Server

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • hs1lmv@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 23 , Apr 5 9:12 AM
              Hello Bill,

              Inaddition I forgot one thing we may to put the <server>.dll on WinFBB

              To get its work with BPQ32 please put BPQ32 files on the WinFBB root directory, certainly the required BPQ32 files in windows system/system32 would be inplaced as design.
              73 De HS1LMV