Re: BPQ Station Locator

  • Jeff - WA4ZKO
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 4, 2010
      Rick,

      Your showing up now. Page shows "Last Updated 04/12/2010 14:11:22 - 46 Active Nodes"

      Link is:
      http://nodemap.g8bpq.net:81/

      Which seems to be what you're using.

      If you're still having issues, then I'd start looking at your ISP is maybe caching things or the like. Something goofy there.

      73
      Jeff
      WA4ZKO

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Rick" <n1rcw@...> wrote:

      > I have been trying to get the mapping position Locator to work on my system. I've entered in the information (with help) from others. Still my station hasn't shown up on the Node Map.
      > I noticed that the mapping web page has not updated since
      > Last Updated 01/12/2010 17:41:25 - 44 Active Nodes. and has stayed the same since I have tried to get this going.. This is the web site I'm working with..http://nodemap.g8bpq.net:81/
      >
      > I have tried refreshing and deleting my cookies but still comes up as a little late..
      > Am I using the wrong web site?
      > Rick N1RCW

    • Rick
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 5, 2010
        Hi Jeff, Thanks for your reply, I sent you a brief note this am . For some reason your email was in my junk folder..Sorry for the delay.. My Node is showing up on the map now.. Looks good..! Onward! 73's

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff - WA4ZKO" <wa4zko@...> wrote:

        > Rick,
        >
        > Your showing up now. Page shows "Last Updated 04/12/2010 14:11:22 - 46 Active Nodes"
        >
        > Link is:
        > http://nodemap.g8bpq.net:81/
        >
        > Which seems to be what you're using.
        >
        > If you're still having issues, then I'd start looking at your ISP is maybe caching things or the like. Something goofy there.
        >
        > 73
        > Jeff
        > WA4ZKO
        >

        > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Rick" <n1rcw@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I have been trying to get the mapping position Locator to work on my system. I've entered in the information (with help) from others. Still my station hasn't shown up on the Node Map.
        > > I noticed that the mapping web page has not updated since
        > > Last Updated 01/12/2010 17:41:25 - 44 Active Nodes. and has stayed the same since I have tried to get this going.. This is the web site I'm working with..http://nodemap.g8bpq.net:81/
        > >
        > > I have tried refreshing and deleting my cookies but still comes up as a little late..
        > > Am I using the wrong web site?
        > > Rick N1RCW

      • mtaylor_lrim
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 6, 2010
          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Rick" <n1rcw@...> wrote:

          > I have been trying to get the mapping position Locator to work on my system. I've entered in the information (with help) from others. Still my station hasn't shown up on the Node Map.
          > I noticed that the mapping web page has not updated since
          > Last Updated 01/12/2010 17:41:25 - 44 Active Nodes. and has stayed the same since I have tried to get this going.. This is the web site I'm working with..http://nodemap.g8bpq.net:81/
          >
          > I have tried refreshing and deleting my cookies but still comes up as a little late..
          > Am I using the wrong web site?
          > Rick N1RCW

          I don't show on it either, but I only put the LOCATOR tag in the config file yesterday.... I'm wondering how long it usually takes to appear?
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 6, 2010
            Rick

            You have the right web site, did you restart BPQ32 after editing the
            BPQ32.CFG?

            Mike Melnik-N9PMO
            Web WWW.N9PMO.com
            Group Moderator http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BPQ32/

            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 6, 2010
              --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "mtaylor_lrim" <mtaylor@...> wrote:

              > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Rick" <n1rcw@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I have been trying to get the mapping position Locator to work on my system. I've entered in the information (with help) from others. Still my station hasn't shown up on the Node Map.
              > > I noticed that the mapping web page has not updated since
              > > Last Updated 01/12/2010 17:41:25 - 44 Active Nodes. and has stayed the same since I have tried to get this going.. This is the web site I'm working with..http://nodemap.g8bpq.net:81/
              > >
              > > I have tried refreshing and deleting my cookies but still comes up as a little late..
              > > Am I using the wrong web site?
              > > Rick N1RCW
              > >
              > I don't show on it either, but I only put the LOCATOR tag in the config file yesterday.... I'm wondering how long it usually takes to appear?

              This may be a fluke, but I moved my LOCATOR line from about the 20th line down up to line 1 and my information appeared when I refreshed the map. Coincidence?

              Mark
              N5MDT
            • Rick
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 7, 2010
                Hi Guys, My LOCATOR command is at the top of the cfg file also and has been showing up on the map so I think I'm all set.. I'm not quite sure what was going on but shortly after I had posted here it showed up on the web site. I had cleared out all cookies and restarted everything twice and it now appears to be working ok.. Thanks for the help.. This program Rocks! 73's

                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 7, 2010
                  Message
                  I think the map update system was down from about 17:45z on 1st December until about 13:30z on the 3rd.

                   I'm sorry I didn't notice it sooner.