RE: [BPQ32] BBS - Setup Help

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 4, 2010
      Tony,

      No - if you have more than one port you must tell it which one to use. Why is this a problem?

      .

      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 4, 2010
        John Wiseman wrote:

        > Tony, No - if you have more than one port you must tell it which one
        > to use. Why is this a problem? 73, John .

        I tried changing the port numbers (PORTNUM) in the configuration file
        and this would cause an error. I could not connect on the revised port
        number. All works fine when changing the ports back to their original
        configuration. I'm assuming there's more to it than just swapping port
        numbers?

        Ports are as follows:

        1 AX/IP/UDP
        2 HF 14105.0 KHz
        3 VHF 145.050 MHZ

        Ports 1 and 3 are not in use at this time.

        Thanks,

        Tony -K2MO

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 4, 2010
          Changing port numbers with PORTNUM= should work, but be careful not to end up wth two ports with the same number. Also you will still have to give a port number in the connect. The only way to avoid that is to have only one port.