RE: [BPQ32] bpq32 and wfbb

  • Wm Lewis
    Message 1 of 23 , Apr 4, 2006
      Mike :

      When I tried that link, it says the domain does not exist. In fact it says
      FUNET.IF doesn't exist either?

      Is there a typo in the URL ??

      Thanks
      Bill

    • Pascal Lafond

        Message 3 of 23 , Apr 5, 2006
          Bill,
          Here is the F6FBB Web site,
          Click on UP/Download,  you can try the Download Area, but I have
          Found them to be very slow, so I use the FBB Mirrors, down lower
          On the page, if you still have a problem let me know what
          Operating System your using and I will send you the needed
          Zip Files...Mike/N9PMO

          When I tried that link, it says the domain does not exist.  In fact it says
          FUNET.IF  doesn't exist either?

          Is there a typo in the URL ??

          Thanks
          Bill

          >From: "Mike Melnik" <m.melnik@...>
          >Subject: RE: [BPQ32] bpq32 and wfbb
          >Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 08:54:06 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)
          >
          >Bill,
          >Here is the Web Page,
          >FTP://FTP.funet.if/pub/ham/packet/BBS/f6fbb/distrib/win32/alpha/
          >
          >Down Load win701-35.zip, WinFbb701-20 setup.exe and
          >Winfbbcfg1.1 zip
          >
          >Mike/N9PMO

        • Wm Lewis
          Message 4 of 23 , Apr 5, 2006
            Pascal.

            You were correct. it was "FI" and not "IF"

            Also, second typo was using CAPITAL LETTERS in the url.

            After I made you r change, I couldn'd find it until I made the url all
            lowercase letters.

            Then it worked.

            Here is the corrected url:

            ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/ham/packet/bbs/f6fbb/distrib/win32/alpha/

            A big thanks to you and Mike

            Bill - KG6BAJ

          • hs1lmv@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 23 , Apr 5, 2006
              Hi Bill,

              This is not the direct toic with BPQ32 but I think its may useful for anyone who would like to try BPQ32 with WinFBB 7.01.35 (WinFBB 7.01b) and have no idea to start with, this will help them save much of time

              You may have to try this steps
              1.) Download WinFBB 7.01.20 base software and install it

              2.) Upgrade to WinFBB 7.01.35 by replace it original winfbb.exe with this file

              3.) Upgrade generic.dll with the following file

              4.) Upgrade driver.dll with this file to improve its performance such as DED crash or bpq

              5.) Then upgrade winfbbcfg.exe with version 1.7.1 which available on the following EB5EVB website

              At this point after you configure the winfbb we should get it work and running, then you may have to ugrade bpq.dll as G8BPQ has distribute on previous topic.  The WinFBB diectory can be found at ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/ham/packet/bbs/f6fbb/distrib/win32/alpha/WinFbb-Tree.gif

              Enjoy BPQ32 with WinFBB 7.01.35

              73 De HS1LMV
              e-mail : hs1lmv@...
                          private@...-ip.org
                          private@...
              Telnet FBB BBS : hs1lmv.no-ip.org
              Echolink Conference Node : *THAI*
              TeamSpeak Server : *THAI* TeamSpeak Server

              Message 6 of 23 , Apr 5, 2006
                Hello Bill,

                Inaddition I forgot one thing we may to put the <server>.dll on WinFBB

                To get its work with BPQ32 please put BPQ32 files on the WinFBB root directory, certainly the required BPQ32 files in windows system/system32 would be inplaced as design.
                73 De HS1LMV