Re: [BPQ32] Oh I get by with a little help from my friends !!!!!

  • Bill Erhardt
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 1, 2010
      Howdy Gang,

      Again, thanks to Ken for helping out this old dude in understanding port forwarding in a router, ipconfig to tell the tcpip to only use this IP, and message forwarding on the BBSCHAT.

      Ye Ha, I linked into KEN KD6PGI on rf about half hour ago for my first internet link using BPQ 32. Up and running now with RMS Server, BBS, and Chat.  I think my host dns is k7mt-6.dynalias.com  Ken correct me if I am wrong as you have it in your cfg file..

      Cheers all Bill K7MT
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 2, 2010
        Bill

        There are 3 configuration files within BPQ32.CFG
        AXIP.CFG
        IPGATEWAY.CFG
        BPQTelnetServer.CFG

        I think you are referring to AXIP.CFG? For the most part these are all UDP
        Protocols
        Under special conditions you can use TCP Connections in the AXIP.CFG how
        ever this requires
        Special settings and a single port for each user were as UDP can have
        multiple UDP
        Connections on 1 UDP Port, my 2 pubic UDP Port s are UDP 93 and 10093.

        If you wanted to setup AXIP Network between you and me you would add to your
        AXIP.CFG
        MAP N9PMO-2 N9PMO.DYNDNS.ORG UDP 10093 B or UDP 93 B (N9PMO-2 is my Node
        Call)

        IN my AXIP.CFG I would set you as:
        MAP K7MT-6 K7MT.DYNDNS.ORG UDP 10093 B or the UDP Port you would prefer, if
        other
        Then 93 or 10093 I would have to add another port and the:
        UDP 10093 or 93 statement, example of a typical AXIP.CFG:

        MHEARD ;(Allows Nodes to be heard and tabled)
        UDP 93 ;(Optional UDP Port or Ports, Same function as next line)
        UDP 10093 ;(Port to send & receive on this UDP Port Number)
        AUTOADDMAP ;(Automatically adds any station sending a Broadcast
        to your Node)
        BROADCAST NODES ;(Enables Node ID, Broadcast to be sent, Similar to B
        Statement)
        MAP N9PMO-2 N9PMO.DYNDNS.ORG UDP 10093 B (The -2 is optional)

        For TCP Connections in the AXIP.CFG is a whole different setup:

        Now there is the BPQTelnetServer.CFG how ever this is for (inbound)
        connections only
        No (outbound connections can be made via Telnet).

        IPGATEWAY.CFG is used to change a DNS Host name to a specified Static IP
        Address (Port Mapper)

        I hope this clears things up a bit, if not feel free to ask!

        73

        Mike Melnik-N9PMO
        Web WWW.N9PMO.com
        Group Moderator http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BPQ32/

        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 2, 2010
          Gm Mike,

          Ken KD6PGI has been helping me:

          1 did ipconfig/all

          2 set my tcpip to information in config ip mask gateway dns server

          3 setup a dns at dyn   k7mt-6.dynalias.com

          4 in my net gear router set dynamic to dynaalias applied and it actived and I set to use

          5 port forwarding in netgear to 10090 and 10093.

          I can connect to Ken kd6pgi but that is all.  Initially, I got a nodes list with many of the BPQ sites.  But it all stopped last night. Now I see nothing from any BPQ site. I can still connect to Ken and do rv connections etc.  but no BPQ sites are showing up.  Ken is ask John about a particular problem he is seeing will wait for response..

          Bill K7MT
        • Bill Erhardt
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 2, 2010
            OOOPS One more note

            port forwarding in netgear router is set to TCP on 10090 and 10093

            Bill
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 2, 2010

              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 2, 2010
                Set the Netgear router for both ports to UDP

                If you want add MAP N9PMO-2 N9PMO.DYNDNS.ORG UDP 10093 B