Re: [BPQ32] Re: DIGI_NED and BPQ32

  • Bill V WA7NWP
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 29, 2010
      DIGI_NED works great with BPQ32 on windows. Here's my notes to our
      local NWAPRS group.

      73,
      Bill - WA7NWP

      > Yes it does work .. Ive been using the Windows version of Digi_ned for years now with BPQ32 . I have 2 ports one on HF and one on 2m when I run it. I have found no problem with it at all.
      > Tony  Hunt VK5AH

      2. DIGI_NED runs on windows thanks to the Cygwin library. I never
      really caught that. It has for years. It talks to AGWPE. BPQ32,
      which I use, has a shim widget that presents the BPQ32 ports as an
      AGWPE interface. Thus I now have DIGI_NED running natively on the
      BPQ32 packet PC. This is a big step towards more intelligent
      inter-network routing.

      It was a little tricky getting it going. The AGW2BPQ interface had a
      couple confusing options. Once that was going the default
      DIGI_NED.ini initialization file had rules for ALL to ALL digipeating.
      So any packet digipeated, was digipeated out on all the ports. When
      ALL is 6 ports - that makes for lots of extraneous digipeating...

      Now for a little more time tweaking the digipeating rules and I then I
      can turn off the UI-View digipeater.