Re: Disconnect Delay: How to Shorten? THANKS

  • zl4ax
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 11, 2010
      Thanks for the replies fellas. That's fine, if it's a characteristic of the BPQ32 program I can live with it. It's a pain in the butt, but so long as I haven't set it up wrong, I'm satisfied!
      Thanks again.
      Paul

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "zl4ax" <zl4ax@...> wrote:

      > Hi All
      > Dunno if there's a parameter for this in BPQ32?
      > I get impatient when disconnecting from distant Nodes. After sending the 'Bye' command, the connection hangs on for about 20 seconds. I doesn't sound long, but its a bore. I want 'Bye' to mean the same as using the 'Disconnect' command.
      > Please, is there a setting that I've overlooked where I can cut this 20 second delay down by at least 75% or more?
      > thanks for any advice
      > Paul ZL4AX-10:PUKKIE

    • la7um
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 11, 2010
        Hi Paul. The quickest disconnect is often referred to as "Dirty Disconnect", or Abort. Often leaving counter station to ack ack ack for a loong timeout period, while you "just run away"..
        Ur station then send the diconnect command, but doesnt bother to check if that command actually made it through the link.

        Even worse is just pulling the on off switch on ur TNC.

        The different TNCs has different commands for those types of disconnect.

        A B(ye) usually ensures a polite diconnect, ensuring that both parties get that "message" and "agrees". And that the disconnect action is done frome the counter station. Can take som time depending on link quality.

        I have spoken generally now, not directly related to BPQ.

        73 de la7um Finn