Winmor and BPQ

  • STEPHEN
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 2010
      My question is can one run BPQ on one computer and Winmor on a second computer. I did try to change the IP for 127.0.0.1 port 8500 to the IP of te second cmputer with no luck, error was given. The reason is the BPQ computer is running Windows 2000 and will not support Windor, so I am trying to runnig windor on a XP PC
      Any thoughts.......
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 1, 2010
        Message
        Yes, it should work.

        On the Winmor TNC Basic Setup, you need to change TCP Address from 127.0.0.1 to 0.0.0.0, or it will only accept connects from 127.0.0.1

        The code that restarts the TNC after each session won't work if the TNC is on another machine.

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 1, 2010
          I did as stated I am recieving error code 10049
          if I change it to the address of the PC ie 192-168.0.106 I receive error code 10061

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 1, 2010
            Message
            Stephen,

            Where are you seeing these errors - the TNC or on the BPQ32 console?

            When you say the address of the PC, do you mean the PC running the TNC or the PC running BPQ32?

            I did as stated I am recieving error code 10049
            if I change it to the address of the PC ie 192-168.0.106 I receive error code 10061

            > Yes, it should work.
            >
            > On the Winmor TNC Basic Setup, you need to change TCP Address from 127.0.0.1
            > to 0.0.0.0, or it will only accept connects from 127.0.0.1
            >
            > The code that restarts the TNC after each session won't work if the TNC is
            > on another machine.

          • Peter - ZL2BAU
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 1, 2010
              On 02/11/10 09:39, STEPHEN wrote:

              I did as stated I am recieving error code 10049
              if I change it to the address of the PC ie 192-168.0.106 I receive error code 10061

              Hi,

                  Stephen, I hope the *-* between the 192 and 168 is a typo ?

              Are you on the *same* subnet ?

              Regards ..... Peter

            • STEPHEN
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 1, 2010
                Yes that was a typo 192.168.0.108 BPQ PC 192.168.0.106 Winmor PC

                --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Peter - ZL2BAU <peter.zl2bau@...> wrote:

                > On 02/11/10 09:39, STEPHEN wrote:
                > >
                > > I did as stated I am recieving error code 10049
                > > if I change it to the address of the PC ie 192-168.0.106 I receive
                > > error code 10061
                > >

                > Hi,
                >
                > Stephen, I hope the *-* between the 192 and 168 is a typo ?
                >
                > Are you on the *same* subnet ?
                >
                > Regards ..... Peter

              • STEPHEN
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 1, 2010
                  The errors are in the BPQ32 Console.
                  Connect failed then error

                  BPQ PC 192.168.0.110
                  Winmor PC 192.168.0.106

                  I tried 0.0.0.0 in the Basic Setup Winmor

                  I tried 192.168.0.106 in the BQ32.CFG

                  PORT
                  PORTNUM=3 ; Optional but sets port number if stated
                  ID=WINMOR Port 1 ; Displayed by PORTS command
                  TYPE=EXTERNAL ; Calls an external module
                  PROTOCOL=WINMOR ; WINMOR protocol is used
                  DLLNAME=WINMOR.dll ; Uses WINMOR.dll
                  QUALITY=0 ; Can't run NETROM on WINMOR Ports
                  CONFIG ; BPQtoWINMOR.cfg has been deprecated. Instead the
                  ; BPQtoWINMOR configuration occurs here:

                  ADDR 192.168.0.106 8500 ; Use this if you want connects to go to the node.
                  CWID True
                  DEBUGLOG True
                  LOG True
                  BW 1600
                  DRIVELEVEL 100
                  MODE AUTO
                  ROBUST False
                  SHOW True
                  BUSYLOCK False

                  ENDPORT

                  In termial it lets me see the new port but I can not interact with the TNC

                  > Stephen,
                  >
                  > Where are you seeing these errors - the TNC or on the BPQ32 console?
                  >
                  > When you say the address of the PC, do you mean the PC running the TNC or
                  > the PC running BPQ32?

                • Bill
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 1, 2010

                    Stephen

                                    Dumb question as I have not been following this closely. Is the WINMOR DLL started on the 192.168.0 106 computer?

                    73 Bill

                    N9ACQ

                  • STEPHEN
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 2, 2010
                      Yes Bill the Winmor DLL is started on the the pc with 192.168.0.106

                      Everything seem to work then I receive the error message that it failed to start.

                      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Bill" <n9acq@...> wrote:

                      > Stephen
                      >
                      > Dumb question as I have not been following this closely. Is
                      > the WINMOR DLL started on the 192.168.0 106 computer?
                      >
                      > 73 Bill
                      >
                      > N9ACQ

                    • STEPHEN
                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 2, 2010
                        I have it working. I wish to thank all for your help.

                        Thanks again

                        Stephen 73
                        VE9SC