Re: [BPQ32] Re: BPQ32 Remote Control Software:

  • Mark Harloff
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 9, 2010
      I'm not sure how big FileZilla is. I have run it
      in the past but didn't like the ability to
      control it as well as the one I currently use
      which is BulletProof FTP Server
      (http://www.bpftpserver.com/)

      It's not free like FileZilla but it's solid and
      much more versatile. Sorry I can't be of much
      more help.

      - Mark K2CAN

      On 10/9/2010 12:38 PM, vk2dot wrote:

      > Mark, thanks, it works great. Have it installed,
      > & we love it.
      > Have FileZiller running as a FTP server, do you
      > know anything better or smaller in size.
      >
      > Regards Rod...///
      >
      > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>, Mark
      > <mharloff@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Rod,
      > >
      > > I use TightVNC (http://www.tightvnc.com/)
      > >
      > > It's free, secure and fast. Easy to install
      > and configure.
      > >
      > > Has worked great for both personal and
      > business remote here.
      > >
      > > - Mark K2CAN
      > >
      > > On 10/9/2010 11:08 AM, vk2dot wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi All, MicroXP has no internal Remote
      > Control Software built in.
      > > > Does anyone know of suitable remote control
      > software we can use to
      > > > remotely control our Remote BPQ32 Nodes.
      > The software will have to go
      > > > on the remote nodes & also on a PC back here.
      > > >
      > > > regards Rod....////

    • vk2dot
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 9, 2010
        Mark, thanks - tried it, liked it; but will stick to FileZilla.
        why, just liked FileZilla a little better, i think????

        Also, have u any ideas for a screen blanker, I notice that the screen blanker is not installed in MicroXP & the dell latitude laptops will not blank the screens via the bios; so may have to use other software or make sure, that after installation - the lcd screens are closed.

        regards rod....////

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Mark Harloff <mharloff@...> wrote:

        > I'm not sure how big FileZilla is. I have run it
        > in the past but didn't like the ability to
        > control it as well as the one I currently use
        > which is BulletProof FTP Server
        > (http://www.bpftpserver.com/)
        >
        > It's not free like FileZilla but it's solid and
        > much more versatile. Sorry I can't be of much
        > more help.
        >
        > - Mark K2CAN
        >
        > On 10/9/2010 12:38 PM, vk2dot wrote:
        > >

        > > Mark, thanks, it works great. Have it installed,
        > > & we love it.
        > > Have FileZiller running as a FTP server, do you
        > > know anything better or smaller in size.
        > >
        > > Regards Rod...///
        > >
        > > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
        > > <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>, Mark
        > > <mharloff@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Rod,
        > > >
        > > > I use TightVNC (http://www.tightvnc.com/)
        > > >
        > > > It's free, secure and fast. Easy to install
        > > and configure.
        > > >
        > > > Has worked great for both personal and
        > > business remote here.
        > > >
        > > > - Mark K2CAN

        > > Control Software built in.
        > > software we can use to
        > > The software will have to go

      • DEC
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 10, 2010
          I use Argosoft servers. The seem to do well.

          Mail and FTP.