RE: [BPQ32] WinFbb on BPQ32 Machine

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 5, 2010
      FBBAPPL is an ApplMask, which has the bit set corresponding to the Appl Number

      so

      Appl 1 = ApplMask 1
      Appl 2 = ApplMask 2
      Appl 3 = ApplMask 4
      Appl 4 = ApplMask 8
      Appl 5 = ApplMask 16 Decimal or 10 Hex
      etc

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 5, 2010
        John, I changed the FBB application to 2 [2 used to be chat, now 3 for chat], Thus the Appl 2 = ApplMask 2 for FBB.
        My reg looks like -

        [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\G8BPQ\BPQ32]
        "WindowSize"="5,505,93,543"
        "Config File Location"="C:\\BPQ32"
        "BPQ Directory"="C:\\BPQ32"
        "Start Minimized"=dword:00000001
        "Minimize to Tray"=dword:00000000
        "FBBAPPL"=dword:00000002

        Now when we type - FBB - The system goes to CHAT!!!!

        We are really confused now

        regards rod....////

        > FBBAPPL is an ApplMask, which has the bit set corresponding to the Appl
        > Number
        >
        > so
        >
        > Appl 1 = ApplMask 1
        > Appl 2 = ApplMask 2
        > Appl 3 = ApplMask 4
        > Appl 4 = ApplMask 8
        > Appl 5 = ApplMask 16 Decimal or 10 Hex
        > etc

      • vk2dot
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 5, 2010
          John, now i changed chat back to application 2, & fbb to application 3; then changed fbbapp to - "FBBAPPL"=dword:00000004
          CHAT works OK now, but FBB has the following message -
          Sorry, Application FBB is not running - Please try later.
          But - WinFbb is running.
          I must have screwed up badly.

          Regards Rod....///

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 5, 2010
            Run  BPQStatus. That will show what programs are running, and what applmasks they are using.

            John, now i changed chat back to application 2, & fbb to application 3; then changed fbbapp to - "FBBAPPL"=dword:00000004
            CHAT works OK now, but FBB has the following message -
            Sorry, Application FBB is not running - Please try later.
            But - WinFbb is running.
            I must have screwed up badly.

            Regards Rod....///

            --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "vk2dot" <vk2dot@...> wrote:

            > John, I changed the FBB application to 2 [2 used to be chat, now 3 for chat], Thus the Appl 2 = ApplMask 2 for FBB.
            > My reg looks like -
            >
            > [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\G8BPQ\BPQ32]
            > "WindowSize"="5,505,93,543"
            > "Config File Location"="C:\\BPQ32"
            > "BPQ Directory"="C:\\BPQ32"
            > "Start Minimized"=dword:00000001
            > "Minimize to Tray"=dword:00000000
            > "FBBAPPL"=dword:00000002
            >
            > Now when we type - FBB - The system goes to CHAT!!!!
            >
            > We are really confused now
            >
            > regards rod....////

            > > FBBAPPL is an ApplMask, which has the bit set corresponding to the Appl
            > > Number
            > >
            > > so
            > >
            > > Appl 1 = ApplMask 1
            > > Appl 2 = ApplMask 2
            > > Appl 3 = ApplMask 4
            > > Appl 4 = ApplMask 8
            > > Appl 5 = ApplMask 16 Decimal or 10 Hex
            > > etc
            > >
            > > John

          • vk2dot
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 5, 2010
              Hi all & John, we r really going up the wall with this one -
              The WinFbb window is up & running. Ported the old Linux/XFbb files across, but not the port.sys file.
              The registry is a mirror image of John's registry for WinFbb.

              We cannot -
              1: telnet into WinFbb
              2: telnet out of WinFbb
              3. ax25 into WinFbb from BPQ32 command line of BPQTerminal -
              displayed is Application FBB not running.
              4. ax25 from WinFbb will not work.
              5. BPQStatus does not show WinFbb running.

              WE must be doing something so simple, it is not funny.

              Anybody have any ideas.

            • Peter - ZL2BAU
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 5, 2010
                On 06/10/10 02:27, vk2dot wrote:

                John, now i changed chat back to application 2, & fbb to application 3; then changed fbbapp to - "FBBAPPL"=dword:00000004
                CHAT works OK now, but FBB has the following message -
                Sorry, Application FBB is not running - Please try later.
                But - WinFbb is running.
                I must have screwed up badly.

                Regards Rod....///

                Rod,

                      Did you also change the *Chat Appl Number* under *Chat Parms* in BpqMailChat ?

                Peter

              • vk2dot
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 5, 2010
                  Peter, thanks - that fixed that problem. real simple - what a dummy.
                  now to try & get WinFbb to talk to others, etc.

                  regards rod....///