WinFbb on BPQ32 Machine

  • vk2dot
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 5, 2010
      Hi all, We are learning to suck eggs again.
      Have just installed the latest WinFbb onto my BPQ32 PC with no problems.
      [from BPQ Yahoo files]
      However,
      How to setup BPQ32.CFG has one a little confused.
      My application is setup as - APPLICATION 3,FBB,,VK2DOT-2,DOTFBB,200
      Do I have to setup -

      FBB is the third positional parameter in the bpq32.cfg APPLICATIONS string
      thus the Appl Mask needed is 0x3.  You must set this in the registry as
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\G8BPQ\BPQ32\FBBAPPL REG_DWORD 0x00000003 (3).

      or what.

      Regards rod....////

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 5, 2010
        Message
        FBBAPPL is an ApplMask, which has the bit set corresponding to the Appl Number

        so

        Appl 1 = ApplMask 1
        Appl 2 = ApplMask 2
        Appl 3 = ApplMask 4
        Appl 4 = ApplMask 8
        Appl 5 = ApplMask 16 Decimal or 10 Hex
        etc

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 5, 2010
          John, I changed the FBB application to 2 [2 used to be chat, now 3 for chat], Thus the Appl 2 = ApplMask 2 for FBB.
          My reg looks like -

          [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\G8BPQ\BPQ32]
          "WindowSize"="5,505,93,543"
          "Config File Location"="C:\\BPQ32"
          "BPQ Directory"="C:\\BPQ32"
          "Start Minimized"=dword:00000001
          "Minimize to Tray"=dword:00000000
          "FBBAPPL"=dword:00000002

          Now when we type - FBB - The system goes to CHAT!!!!

          We are really confused now

          regards rod....////

          > FBBAPPL is an ApplMask, which has the bit set corresponding to the Appl
          > Number
          >
          > so
          >
          > Appl 1 = ApplMask 1
          > Appl 2 = ApplMask 2
          > Appl 3 = ApplMask 4
          > Appl 4 = ApplMask 8
          > Appl 5 = ApplMask 16 Decimal or 10 Hex
          > etc

        • vk2dot
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 5, 2010
            John, now i changed chat back to application 2, & fbb to application 3; then changed fbbapp to - "FBBAPPL"=dword:00000004
            CHAT works OK now, but FBB has the following message -
            Sorry, Application FBB is not running - Please try later.
            But - WinFbb is running.
            I must have screwed up badly.

            Regards Rod....///

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 5, 2010
              Message
              Run  BPQStatus. That will show what programs are running, and what applmasks they are using.

              John, now i changed chat back to application 2, & fbb to application 3; then changed fbbapp to - "FBBAPPL"=dword:00000004
              CHAT works OK now, but FBB has the following message -
              Sorry, Application FBB is not running - Please try later.
              But - WinFbb is running.
              I must have screwed up badly.

              Regards Rod....///

              --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "vk2dot" <vk2dot@...> wrote:

              > John, I changed the FBB application to 2 [2 used to be chat, now 3 for chat], Thus the Appl 2 = ApplMask 2 for FBB.
              > My reg looks like -
              >
              > [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\G8BPQ\BPQ32]
              > "WindowSize"="5,505,93,543"
              > "Config File Location"="C:\\BPQ32"
              > "BPQ Directory"="C:\\BPQ32"
              > "Start Minimized"=dword:00000001
              > "Minimize to Tray"=dword:00000000
              > "FBBAPPL"=dword:00000002
              >
              > Now when we type - FBB - The system goes to CHAT!!!!
              >
              > We are really confused now
              >
              > regards rod....////

              > > FBBAPPL is an ApplMask, which has the bit set corresponding to the Appl
              > > Number
              > >
              > > so
              > >
              > > Appl 1 = ApplMask 1
              > > Appl 2 = ApplMask 2
              > > Appl 3 = ApplMask 4
              > > Appl 4 = ApplMask 8
              > > Appl 5 = ApplMask 16 Decimal or 10 Hex
              > > etc
              > >
              > > John

            • vk2dot
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 5, 2010
                Hi all & John, we r really going up the wall with this one -
                The WinFbb window is up & running. Ported the old Linux/XFbb files across, but not the port.sys file.
                The registry is a mirror image of John's registry for WinFbb.

                We cannot -
                1: telnet into WinFbb
                2: telnet out of WinFbb
                3. ax25 into WinFbb from BPQ32 command line of BPQTerminal -
                displayed is Application FBB not running.
                4. ax25 from WinFbb will not work.
                5. BPQStatus does not show WinFbb running.

                WE must be doing something so simple, it is not funny.

                Anybody have any ideas.

                Regards Rod....///

                > Run BPQStatus. That will show what programs are running, and what applmasks
                > they are using.

              • Peter - ZL2BAU
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 5, 2010
                  On 06/10/10 02:27, vk2dot wrote:

                  John, now i changed chat back to application 2, & fbb to application 3; then changed fbbapp to - "FBBAPPL"=dword:00000004
                  CHAT works OK now, but FBB has the following message -
                  Sorry, Application FBB is not running - Please try later.
                  But - WinFbb is running.
                  I must have screwed up badly.

                  Regards Rod....///

                  Rod,

                        Did you also change the *Chat Appl Number* under *Chat Parms* in BpqMailChat ?

                  Peter

                • vk2dot
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 5, 2010
                    Peter, thanks - that fixed that problem. real simple - what a dummy.
                    now to try & get WinFbb to talk to others, etc.

                    regards rod....///