RE: [BPQ32] WP Error

    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 20, 2010
      Ok, Hank.

      But my reading of the BBS Specification is that FROM  is a callsign. But I agree I should either reject it, or process it reasonably.

      TOCALLSIGN [WHITE "@" WHITE BBS]
      FROM
      CALLSIGN

      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 20, 2010

        Hi John… I been away but got a message from n9zzk about the same errors he gets from me…  Thanks 73 jerry

        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 20, 2010
          It is the AA4RE extension, feature letter 'S'.
          Allows fully qualified addresses for To and From.
          Details never made it into the spec.

          --

          K.O. Higgs
          n0kfq@...

          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 21, 2010
            Ok, I can add that.

            But if I don't have 'S' in my SID, shouldn't the other end not use that feature?

            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 21, 2010
              What happened was that the S in the SID was never used,
              but parsing of the full address was. We need an updated spec ;-)

              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 21, 2010
                Ok, Thanks.

                I'll update the code to handle it.

                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 21, 2010
                  Here is what I see from K.O'S 7.01A to my FBB 7.00I

                  [PORT 1 (BPQ) - 6 - BBS-0]
                  FA B N0KFQ@ WW TODAY 16762_N0KFQ 2387
                  Error in field (N0KFQ@)
                  FA B N7QDN@ WW WP 8CC7N7QDN 393
                  Error in field (N7QDN@)
                  F> 73
                  FS ==
                  FF
                  FQ

                  What I don't know is if these messages first came from his BPQMailChat then
                  to his 7.01A

                  Mike Melnik-N9PMO
                  Web WWW.N9PMO.com
                  NNTP Server N9PMO.DYNDNS.ORG Port 119
                  Scanned by Symantec Corporate A/V
                  What happened was that the S in the SID was never used,
                  but parsing of the full address was. We need an updated spec ;-)

                  But if I don't have 'S' in my SID, shouldn't the other end not use that
                  feature?

                  It is the AA4RE extension, feature letter 'S'.
                  Allows fully qualified addresses for To and From.
                  Details never made it into the spec.

                  But my reading of the BBS Specification is that FROM  is a callsign. But I
                  agree I should either reject it, or process it reasonably.

                  CALLSIGN [WHITE "@" WHITE BBS]
                  FROM
                  CALLSIGN

                  Message 8 of 17 , Sep 21, 2010
                    I run FBB 7.00i, not FBB 7.01.
                    Also, I cannot find "n7qdn" nor "n7qdn@" anywhere in my FBB bbs...
                    Neither can I find "n7qdn" nor "n7qdn@" anywhere in my BPQ bbs..
                    All messages to and from my BPQMailChat pass thru my FBB.
                    My BPQMailChat does not forward to/from anyplace but N0KFQ bbs.

                    K.O. N0KFQ

                    Message 9 of 17 , Sep 21, 2010
                      Sorry about that K.O too many connects on monitor screen, I missed the
                      connected station
                      The error messages are from Peter 9Y4PJ BPQMailChat version 1.0.4.8 I also
                      was not able
                      To find N7QDN, I received your messages prior to Peter sending them, N0KFQ
                      messages are
                      Fine, Note Peter is running an earlier version of BPQBBS, I thought this
                      problem was with
                      The recent release.

                      Message 10 of 17 , Sep 21, 2010
                        To summarise my discussions with Hank (see below for the full details)

                        Messages are being created on BPQMAILCHAT which have an @ character appended to the FROM call.

                        These seem to be from messages received via plain text forwarding, with a command of the form

                        SB WP@WW < N7XXX@... $XXXXXXXX

                        Although this does not conform to the published BBS spec (http://www.w0rli.net/w0rli/bbs_spec.html), it is in accordance with an AA4RE extension, which allows  fully qualified addresses for To and From, of which I was not aware.

                        This isn't a new problem with BPQMailChat - it has never handled qualified FROM addresses.

                        I am working on a modification which will handle these correctly, and remove any @ characters from the FROM field of existing messages.

                        Message 11 of 17 , Sep 21, 2010
                          And likewise for SP, but without the BID of course.

                          Will add it to my list of updates and corrections that should get into the spec, but haven't.