Automated HF Winmor freq changes?

  • Gary - K7EK
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 15, 2010
      I currently run a amateur HF Winmor RMS with the latest software. I enjoy running a day/night frequency, which automatically switches at the appointed time as a result of programmable configuration. This also does a handshake with the WL2K servers, indicating my activity status.

      I have been looking at BPQMail as a possible replacement but wonder if these same features are available therein. I am also considering BPQMail for USAF MARS use, and would require these same features. What can you tell me?

      Thanks in advance...

      de Gary, K7EK / AFA0IU / AFE0DM

      Personal Web Page: www.k7ek.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 16, 2010
        Gary,

        BPQ32 supports scanning for WINMOR and Pactor, both multiple frequencies and time of day. At the moment this is limited to ICOM, Kenwood and Yaesu rigs, but others could be added if someone needs it, and is prepared to test it.

        I am testing a reporting facility to the WL2K servers, and this should be available soon.

        73,
        John G8BPQ

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 30, 2010

          > I am testing a reporting facility to the WL2K servers, and this should be available soon.
          >
          > 73,
          > John G8BPQ

          Is the protocol open and 'simple?" Maybe we could leverage the
          reporting to our own set of BPQ32 servers. It would be nice to have
          a web page of who's running..

          73
          Bill - WA7NWP
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 30, 2010
            The current code is pretty specific to the WL2K system. It would probably be better to base a BPQ32 map on the current Chat Map system. If you have any ideas on what should be included, let me know.

            > I am testing a reporting facility to the WL2K servers, and this should be available soon.
            >
            > 73,
            > John G8BPQ

            Is the protocol open and 'simple?" Maybe we could leverage the
            reporting to our own set of BPQ32 servers. It would be nice to have
            a web page of who's running..

            73
            Bill - WA7NWP

          • Hank Oredson
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 30, 2010
              I have a prototype of such a web page.

              Create a login using your callsign and any password of your choice.
              Click on "Winlink".
              This is just a prototype, running on a local database.
              If there is interest, I'll finish it off.