RE: [BPQ32] Winmor test tone

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 8, 2010
      Dennis,

      It doesn't. WINMOR TNC sends a message to BPQ telling it when to key and unkey the transmitter. You either use VOX, or use Rigcontrol.cfg  to define which COM port and control line to use for PTT.

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 8, 2010
        Not using VOX just a Buxcom Rascal on COM7. Do I make a special Winmor entry to the Rigcontrol.cfg file ?

        Tnx,
        Dennis

        --
        Dennis Gabler - W5DG

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 8, 2010

          There is sample of  PTT control in the example Rigcontrol.cfg file towards the bottom of the page.

          You need something like:

          COM7 19200 PTTONLY

          # For PTT control, specify only a Name and a BPQ Port Number.
          # You can have two RADIO lines, to allow a single COM port to control two WINMOR ports, one using RTS and the other DTR

          RADIO IC7000 3

          you also need the PTT option in the BPQtoWinmor,cfg file PORT line:

          PORT 3 127.0.0.1 8500 PTT DTRRTS              (or just DTR or RTS if you only use one of the lines)

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 8, 2010
            Thanks you John.

            Dennis G. - W5DG