RE: [BPQ32] Winmor test tone

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 8, 2010
      Howard,

      Once you have ATTTACHed to your winmor port from BPQTerminal you can use any WINMOR TNC commands, including  DRIVELEVEL and TWOTONETEST. Once you have found the right level, you wil have to maually edit the value in your init file.

      I'll add providing a better way of setting up to the "wish list".

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 8, 2010
        I am curious how the WINMOR TNC knows which COM port
        to toggle DTRRTS on for xmit keying.

        Tnx es 73,
        Dennis

        Dennis G. - W5DG

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 8, 2010
          Dennis,

          It doesn't. WINMOR TNC sends a message to BPQ telling it when to key and unkey the transmitter. You either use VOX, or use Rigcontrol.cfg  to define which COM port and control line to use for PTT.

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 8, 2010
            Not using VOX just a Buxcom Rascal on COM7. Do I make a special Winmor entry to the Rigcontrol.cfg file ?

            Tnx,
            Dennis

            --
            Dennis Gabler - W5DG

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 8, 2010

              There is sample of  PTT control in the example Rigcontrol.cfg file towards the bottom of the page.

              You need something like:

              COM7 19200 PTTONLY

              # For PTT control, specify only a Name and a BPQ Port Number.
              # You can have two RADIO lines, to allow a single COM port to control two WINMOR ports, one using RTS and the other DTR

              RADIO IC7000 3

              you also need the PTT option in the BPQtoWinmor,cfg file PORT line:

              PORT 3 127.0.0.1 8500 PTT DTRRTS              (or just DTR or RTS if you only use one of the lines)

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 8, 2010
                Thanks you John.

                Dennis G. - W5DG