RE: [BPQ32] AXIP Display on MHeard

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3, 2010
      Rod,

      If the station doesn't appear in MHeard, then it is very unlikely that anything was received. The MH is updated immediately after checking the frame CRC.

      Are you sure you have your MAP entries correct? So long as the router is set to forward the packets, then there is nothing else to go wrong.

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 3, 2010
        John, My three MAPs are as below -

        MAP VK2DOT-9 192.168.1.6 UDP 10093 B ; XRouter
        MAP VK2DOT-13 192.168.1.13 10093 B ; XRouter Test
        MAP VK2DOT-14 192.168.1.14 UDP 10093 B ; BPQ32 Test

        With the center one as the AXIP. When we get onto the VK2DOT-13 Test machine, we have no problems connecting to the Main BPQ32 VK2DOT-1 machine. But nothing comes up on the AXIP MHeard screen????
        If we change the AXIP back to AXUDP [on both ends], VK2DOT-13 is displayed on the AXIP MHeard screen.

        Regards Rod....////

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 3, 2010
          Rod,

          Have you tried using Wireshark to check exactly what is being sent on the Ethernet?

          Are you doing only L2 connects. or are you using NETROM?

          When you try to connect from BPQ to Xrouter, what appears on BPQTerminal monitor, and the Xrouter monitor? Does the SABM go out, is it seen at the other end, if so does the other end send the UA, and if so does the BPQ monitor show it being received?

          MAP VK2DOT-9 192.168.1.6 UDP 10093 B ; XRouter
          MAP VK2DOT-13 192.168.1.13 10093 B ; XRouter Test
          MAP VK2DOT-14 192.168.1.14 UDP 10093 B ; BPQ32 Test

          With the center one as the AXIP. When we get onto the VK2DOT-13 Test machine, we have no problems connecting to the Main BPQ32 VK2DOT-1 machine. But nothing comes up on the AXIP MHeard screen????
          If we change the AXIP back to AXUDP [on both ends], VK2DOT-13 is displayed on the AXIP MHeard screen.

          Regards Rod....////

          > Rod,
          >
          > If the station doesn't appear in MHeard, then it is very unlikely that
          > anything was received. The MH is updated immediately after checking the
          > frame CRC.
          >
          > Are you sure you have your MAP entries correct? So long as the router is
          > set to forward the packets, then there is nothing else to go wrong.

        • Jeff - WA4ZKO
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 3, 2010
            The BPQ32 source port issue popping up here?

            BPQ32 seems to use the first port defined in bpqaxip.cfg for the source port # for traffic being sent out. This seems to cause some issues with other systems that expects the traffic to have matching source and destination ports. Can also cause issues with certain firewall configurations.

            Example, you have these two ports defined in bpqaxip.cfg:

            All outgoing traffic will use source port of 10092 even if it's destined for port 10093. Easy to see this in Wireshark.

            Could this be the root of Rod's connectivity issues?

            If you're using multiple UDP listeners, it's easy to test for this problem...swap the port order, restart, and see what happens.

            73
            Jeff
            WA4ZKO
            WA4ZKO@WA4ZKO.#NKY.KY.USA.NOAM
            http://twitter.com/wa4zko

            --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "vk2dot" <vk2dot@...> wrote:

            > John, We notice that when we went to an AXIP link for testing our problems between XRouter & BPQ32, that the link does not show up on AXIP MHeard or AXIP Resolver displays.
            > Is there something that we need to do to display the links.
            > The links work OK. from XRouter to BPQ32 - But will not work from BPQ32 to XRouter [the same as AXUDP].
            >
            > Regards Rod......////

          • Jim WU3V
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 3, 2010
              John et al,

              I am seeing a similar issue that Rod (vk2dot) was seeing but not exactly the same.
              After the RMS packet server runs for a few days the BPQ icon in the system tray disappears, if I start a terminal session it shows up as the next incremented session number the task manager sees the session but there is no way to access it from the tray icon, since it does not exist I backed up to version 2.0.0.1 and I am seeing the same behavior.
              I forced the rms software to not update by crippling the autoupdate app by erasing its extention :-)

              Jim nh0e wu3v aab8mt-10