Re: Telnet problem with Outpost

  • jim
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 2, 2010
      Ken

      Thanks, I would never have found the only error....the space in
      between the "***" and the "Connected"..... so simple but so hard.

      KC4BQK

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Kenneth Jacobs <kd6pgi@...> wrote:

      > Jim,
      >
      > Go to the Outpost group in the files
      > section.....http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OutpostPacket/files/
      >
      > There is an image there called OP-BBS-Setup-Telnet-BPQMail.jpg that
      > shows exactly how the BBS Path must be setup to access BPQ with Outpost.
      > You need to make sure to observe all upper-lower case and the space in
      > between the "***" and the "Connected"....those are the most common errors.
      >
      > You also must make a couple changes in the TELNET setup.....you need to
      > change the word Callsign to user and remove the space between user and
      > the : and password and the :.....again use only lower case here.
      >
      > That should get you going....let me know if you have any other trouble.
      >
      > Ken KD6PGI
      > Hood River County ARES
      > AEC - Digital
      >
      > On 9/2/2010 2:43 AM, jim wrote:
      > >

      > > Ken
      > >
      > > John helped me get the callsign part fixed, but yes I can connect with
      > > interactive but not with Outpost. I must have something configured wrong.
      > >
      > > Jim
      > > KC4BQK
      > >
      > > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>, Kenneth
      > > Jacobs <kd6pgi@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi Jim,
      > > >
      > > > Not sure I have ever seen that happen before. So are you saying that it
      > > > works fine with Outpost Interactive Telnet? But not when you try to use
      > > > Outpost direct?
      > > >
      > > > Ken KD6PGI
      > > > Hood River County ARES
      > > > AEC - Digital

      > > packet-telnet and
      > > have I

    • Kenneth Jacobs
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 2, 2010
        Yep....one of the 2 most common errors. Amazing that one space can make
        or break it...LOL

        Glad you got it working....

        Ken KD6PGI
        Hood River County ARES