Re: [BPQ32] Re: Telnet problem with Outpost

  • Kenneth Jacobs
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 2, 2010
      Jim,

      Go to the Outpost group in the files
      section.....http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OutpostPacket/files/

      There is an image there called OP-BBS-Setup-Telnet-BPQMail.jpg that
      shows exactly how the BBS Path must be setup to access BPQ with Outpost.
      You need to make sure to observe all upper-lower case and the space in
      between the "***" and the "Connected"....those are the most common errors.

      You also must make a couple changes in the TELNET setup.....you need to
      change the word Callsign to user and remove the space between user and
      the : and password and the :.....again use only lower case here.

      That should get you going....let me know if you have any other trouble.

      Ken KD6PGI
      Hood River County ARES
      AEC - Digital

      On 9/2/2010 2:43 AM, jim wrote:

      > Ken
      >
      > John helped me get the callsign part fixed, but yes I can connect with
      > interactive but not with Outpost. I must have something configured wrong.
      >
      > Jim
      > KC4BQK
      >
      > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>, Kenneth
      > Jacobs <kd6pgi@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Jim,
      > >
      > > Not sure I have ever seen that happen before. So are you saying that it
      > > works fine with Outpost Interactive Telnet? But not when you try to use
      > > Outpost direct?
      > >
      > > Ken KD6PGI
      > > Hood River County ARES
      > > AEC - Digital
      > >
      > > On 9/1/2010 7:46 PM, jim wrote:
      > > >

      > > > I am trying to set up Outpost to telnet into my BPQ node. I am doing
      > > > this through the internet. I can use tools-interactive
      > packet-telnet and
      > > > connect. But when I log in my call sign in the BPQtelnet server window
      > > > shows user "kc4bqk" and callsign as "kc4bq" also when I enter th rms
      > > > port it shows my callsign on letter short in the RMS window. What
      > have I
      > > > missed? I have not been able to use the send/receive button and connect
      > > > it stops at " Enter ? for node commads ***Connected to SWITCH"
      > > >
      > > > Thanks
      > > > Jim
      > > > KC4BQK

    • jim
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 2, 2010
        Ken

        Thanks, I would never have found the only error....the space in
        between the "***" and the "Connected"..... so simple but so hard.

        KC4BQK

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Kenneth Jacobs <kd6pgi@...> wrote:

        > Jim,
        >
        > Go to the Outpost group in the files
        > section.....http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OutpostPacket/files/
        >
        > There is an image there called OP-BBS-Setup-Telnet-BPQMail.jpg that
        > shows exactly how the BBS Path must be setup to access BPQ with Outpost.
        > You need to make sure to observe all upper-lower case and the space in
        > between the "***" and the "Connected"....those are the most common errors.
        >
        > You also must make a couple changes in the TELNET setup.....you need to
        > change the word Callsign to user and remove the space between user and
        > the : and password and the :.....again use only lower case here.
        >
        > That should get you going....let me know if you have any other trouble.
        >
        > Ken KD6PGI
        > Hood River County ARES
        > AEC - Digital
        >
        > On 9/2/2010 2:43 AM, jim wrote:
        > >

        > > Ken
        > >
        > > John helped me get the callsign part fixed, but yes I can connect with
        > > interactive but not with Outpost. I must have something configured wrong.
        > >
        > > Jim
        > > KC4BQK
        > >
        > > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>, Kenneth
        > > Jacobs <kd6pgi@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hi Jim,
        > > >
        > > > Not sure I have ever seen that happen before. So are you saying that it
        > > > works fine with Outpost Interactive Telnet? But not when you try to use
        > > > Outpost direct?
        > > >
        > > > Ken KD6PGI
        > > > Hood River County ARES
        > > > AEC - Digital

        > > packet-telnet and
        > > have I

      • Kenneth Jacobs
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 2, 2010
          Yep....one of the 2 most common errors. Amazing that one space can make
          or break it...LOL

          Glad you got it working....

          Ken KD6PGI
          Hood River County ARES