RE: [BPQ32] Telnet problem with Outpost

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 2, 2010
      Jim,

      You probably don't have a newline after your user record in BPQTelnetServer.cfg. I thought I'd fixed that bug, but I've just tested it, and found I haven't. It will be fixed in the next version.

      I am trying to set up Outpost to telnet into my BPQ node. I am doing this through the internet. I can use tools-interactive packet-telnet and connect. But when I log in my call sign in the BPQtelnet server window shows user "kc4bqk" and callsign as "kc4bq" also when I enter th rms port it shows my callsign on letter short in the RMS window. What have I missed? I have not been able to use the send/receive button and connect it stops at " Enter ? for node commads ***Connected to SWITCH"

      Thanks
      Jim
      KC4BQK

    • jim
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 2, 2010

        Thanks, that fixed the callsign problem. I am still having problems with the direct from Outpost connecting. I can connect to everything using the interactive telnet. I must have a something wrong in the setup, I will go back over everything and check again.

        Jim
        KC4BQK

        > Jim,
        >
        > You probably don't have a newline after your user record in
        > BPQTelnetServer.cfg. I thought I'd fixed that bug, but I've just tested
        > it, and found I haven't. It will be fixed in the next version.

      • jim
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 2, 2010
          Ken

          John helped me get the callsign part fixed, but yes I can connect with interactive but not with Outpost. I must have something configured wrong.

          Jim
          KC4BQK

          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Kenneth Jacobs <kd6pgi@...> wrote:

          > Hi Jim,
          >
          > Not sure I have ever seen that happen before. So are you saying that it
          > works fine with Outpost Interactive Telnet? But not when you try to use
          > Outpost direct?
          >
          > Ken KD6PGI
          > Hood River County ARES
          > AEC - Digital
          >
          > On 9/1/2010 7:46 PM, jim wrote:
          > >

          > > I am trying to set up Outpost to telnet into my BPQ node. I am doing
          > > this through the internet. I can use tools-interactive packet-telnet and
          > > connect. But when I log in my call sign in the BPQtelnet server window
          > > shows user "kc4bqk" and callsign as "kc4bq" also when I enter th rms
          > > port it shows my callsign on letter short in the RMS window. What have I
          > > missed? I have not been able to use the send/receive button and connect
          > > it stops at " Enter ? for node commads ***Connected to SWITCH"
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > > Jim
          > > KC4BQK

        • Kenneth Jacobs
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 2, 2010
            Jim,

            Go to the Outpost group in the files
            section.....http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OutpostPacket/files/

            There is an image there called OP-BBS-Setup-Telnet-BPQMail.jpg that
            shows exactly how the BBS Path must be setup to access BPQ with Outpost.
            You need to make sure to observe all upper-lower case and the space in
            between the "***" and the "Connected"....those are the most common errors.

            You also must make a couple changes in the TELNET setup.....you need to
            change the word Callsign to user and remove the space between user and
            the : and password and the :.....again use only lower case here.

            That should get you going....let me know if you have any other trouble.

            Ken KD6PGI
            Hood River County ARES
            AEC - Digital

            On 9/2/2010 2:43 AM, jim wrote:

            > Ken
            >
            > John helped me get the callsign part fixed, but yes I can connect with
            > interactive but not with Outpost. I must have something configured wrong.
            >
            > Jim
            > KC4BQK
            >
            > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>, Kenneth
            > Jacobs <kd6pgi@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Jim,
            > >
            > > Not sure I have ever seen that happen before. So are you saying that it
            > > works fine with Outpost Interactive Telnet? But not when you try to use
            > > Outpost direct?
            > >
            > > Ken KD6PGI
            > > Hood River County ARES
            > > AEC - Digital
            > >
            > > On 9/1/2010 7:46 PM, jim wrote:
            > > >

            > > > I am trying to set up Outpost to telnet into my BPQ node. I am doing
            > > > this through the internet. I can use tools-interactive
            > packet-telnet and
            > > > connect. But when I log in my call sign in the BPQtelnet server window
            > > > shows user "kc4bqk" and callsign as "kc4bq" also when I enter th rms
            > > > port it shows my callsign on letter short in the RMS window. What
            > have I
            > > > missed? I have not been able to use the send/receive button and connect
            > > > it stops at " Enter ? for node commads ***Connected to SWITCH"
            > > >
            > > > Thanks
            > > > Jim
            > > > KC4BQK

          • jim
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 2, 2010
              Ken

              Thanks, I would never have found the only error....the space in
              between the "***" and the "Connected"..... so simple but so hard.

            • Kenneth Jacobs
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 2, 2010
                Yep....one of the 2 most common errors. Amazing that one space can make
                or break it...LOL

                Glad you got it working....

                Ken KD6PGI
                Hood River County ARES