Re: [BPQ32] Telnet problem with Outpost

  • Kenneth Jacobs
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2010
      Hi Jim,

      Not sure I have ever seen that happen before. So are you saying that it
      works fine with Outpost Interactive Telnet? But not when you try to use
      Outpost direct?

      Ken KD6PGI
      Hood River County ARES
      AEC - Digital

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 2, 2010
        Jim,

        You probably don't have a newline after your user record in BPQTelnetServer.cfg. I thought I'd fixed that bug, but I've just tested it, and found I haven't. It will be fixed in the next version.

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 2, 2010

          Thanks, that fixed the callsign problem. I am still having problems with the direct from Outpost connecting. I can connect to everything using the interactive telnet. I must have a something wrong in the setup, I will go back over everything and check again.

          Jim
          KC4BQK

          > Jim,
          >
          > You probably don't have a newline after your user record in
          > BPQTelnetServer.cfg. I thought I'd fixed that bug, but I've just tested
          > it, and found I haven't. It will be fixed in the next version.

        • jim
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 2, 2010
            Ken

            John helped me get the callsign part fixed, but yes I can connect with interactive but not with Outpost. I must have something configured wrong.

            Jim
            KC4BQK

            --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Kenneth Jacobs <kd6pgi@...> wrote:

            > Hi Jim,
            >
            > Not sure I have ever seen that happen before. So are you saying that it
            > works fine with Outpost Interactive Telnet? But not when you try to use
            > Outpost direct?
            >
            > Ken KD6PGI
            > Hood River County ARES
            > AEC - Digital
            >
            > On 9/1/2010 7:46 PM, jim wrote:
            > >

            > > I am trying to set up Outpost to telnet into my BPQ node. I am doing
            > > this through the internet. I can use tools-interactive packet-telnet and
            > > connect. But when I log in my call sign in the BPQtelnet server window
            > > shows user "kc4bqk" and callsign as "kc4bq" also when I enter th rms
            > > port it shows my callsign on letter short in the RMS window. What have I
            > > missed? I have not been able to use the send/receive button and connect
            > > it stops at " Enter ? for node commads ***Connected to SWITCH"
            > >
            > > Thanks
            > > Jim
            > > KC4BQK

          • Kenneth Jacobs
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 2, 2010
              Jim,

              Go to the Outpost group in the files
              section.....http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OutpostPacket/files/

              There is an image there called OP-BBS-Setup-Telnet-BPQMail.jpg that
              shows exactly how the BBS Path must be setup to access BPQ with Outpost.
              You need to make sure to observe all upper-lower case and the space in
              between the "***" and the "Connected"....those are the most common errors.

              You also must make a couple changes in the TELNET setup.....you need to
              change the word Callsign to user and remove the space between user and
              the : and password and the :.....again use only lower case here.

              That should get you going....let me know if you have any other trouble.

              Ken KD6PGI
              Hood River County ARES
              AEC - Digital

              On 9/2/2010 2:43 AM, jim wrote:

              > Ken
              >
              > John helped me get the callsign part fixed, but yes I can connect with
              > interactive but not with Outpost. I must have something configured wrong.
              >
              > Jim
              > KC4BQK
              >
              > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>, Kenneth
              > Jacobs <kd6pgi@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi Jim,
              > >
              > > Not sure I have ever seen that happen before. So are you saying that it
              > > works fine with Outpost Interactive Telnet? But not when you try to use
              > > Outpost direct?
              > >
              > > Ken KD6PGI
              > > Hood River County ARES
              > > AEC - Digital
              > >
              > > On 9/1/2010 7:46 PM, jim wrote:
              > > >

              > > > I am trying to set up Outpost to telnet into my BPQ node. I am doing
              > > > this through the internet. I can use tools-interactive
              > packet-telnet and
              > > > connect. But when I log in my call sign in the BPQtelnet server window
              > > > shows user "kc4bqk" and callsign as "kc4bq" also when I enter th rms
              > > > port it shows my callsign on letter short in the RMS window. What
              > have I
              > > > missed? I have not been able to use the send/receive button and connect
              > > > it stops at " Enter ? for node commads ***Connected to SWITCH"
              > > >
              > > > Thanks
              > > > Jim
              > > > KC4BQK

            • jim
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 2, 2010
                Ken

                Thanks, I would never have found the only error....the space in
                between the "***" and the "Connected"..... so simple but so hard.

              • Kenneth Jacobs
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 2, 2010
                  Yep....one of the 2 most common errors. Amazing that one space can make
                  or break it...LOL

                  Glad you got it working....

                  Ken KD6PGI
                  Hood River County ARES