Message ## not for you

  • leonard_schmtt
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 25, 2010
      After I updated BPQMailChat to v 1.0.4.15 the other day all messages sent through the bbs are not readable by the intended recipients. They get a message from the BBS "Message ## not for you". Have you run into this? I notice that it adds the home bbs address to the call sign in header of the not for you message that it sends in place of your mail. Do I have something configured wrong?

      For some reason the BBS (AA9MM-1) is not delivering messages to some call signs. It will list the message with the LM command, but when you try to read it, the bbs will send you a message that gives the header of the message and a message saying "Message not for you". It's not something on your end, it just started with the new version of MailChat that I installed to fix the problem with it crashing. I'm investigating.

      Len QVQ
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 26, 2010
        Len,

        I can 't reproduce this - is any one else seeing it?

        One recent change is that users can no longer see held messages.

        Can you send me what the user is seeing, as a real "not for you" response shouldn't contain a header, so maybe something deeper is going on.

        After I updated BPQMailChat to v 1.0.4.15 the other day all messages sent through the bbs are not readable by the intended recipients. They get a message from the BBS "Message ## not for you". Have you run into this? I notice that it adds the home bbs address to the call sign in header of the not for you message that it sends in place of your mail. Do I have something configured wrong?

        For some reason the BBS (AA9MM-1) is not delivering messages to some call signs. It will list the message with the LM command, but when you try to read it, the bbs will send you a message that gives the header of the message and a message saying "Message not for you". It's not something on your end, it just started with the new version of MailChat that I installed to fix the problem with it crashing. I'm investigating.

        Len QVQ

      • jim
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1 7:48 PM
          I have seen it before but thoght it was something I did.

          Jim
          KC4BQK

          > Len,
          >
          > I can 't reproduce this - is any one else seeing it?
          >
          > One recent change is that users can no longer see held messages.
          >
          > Can you send me what the user is seeing, as a real "not for you" response
          > shouldn't contain a header, so maybe something deeper is going on.

        • Leonard Schmitt
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 2 9:46 AM
            I had been in the Manage Users screen in Mailchat and put a check in the "Hold Mail" box. John sent me some info on what all the options on that screen. For most users, nothing gets checked. Hold Mail holds mail on someone that the sysop may not be sure of - so they don't send trash or spam.
            Len QVQ