Re: AXIP Problem

  • vk2dot
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 23, 2010
      John, OK - have found what is the problem!!
      We telnet to the remote XRouters with a closed Telnet connection [ie no other users can use it but me VK2DOT], on connection we type in a call sign to logon to XRouter.
      This test with VK2AAL as the remote node has an ip address of eg 11.22.33.44; When the remote node starts VK2AAL's AXUDP is displayed on the BPQ32 AXIP heard as VK2AAL 11.22.33.44 at VK2DOT-1.
      If we connect as, say VK2AA callsign on the remote node & then connect to VK2DOT's BBS from the VK2AAL node - then the BPQ32 AXIP heard as VK2AA 11.22.33.44 at VK2DOT-1;
      or any other callsign logged in as with 11.22.33.44
      If we use VK2DOT as a login, then the problems occur - we have two AXUDP callsigns with the same IP address.
      As long as we don't login into the remote nodes with the VK2DOT BBS callsign, all is OK.
      I can live with that.
      Two XRouters connected together then connected to BPQ32, do not cause this problem.
      It has just become a little niggling problem which may cause a major problem later on.
      Another one solved.

      Cheers & regards Rod....////