RE: [BPQ32] Noise [1 Attachment]

    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 19 2:52 PM
    • 1 Attachment
    • 9 KB
    You probably cant.

    What make and type of radio is it?

    From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
    Jerry - N9LYA
    Sent: 19 August 2010 22:31
    To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: [BPQ32] Noise [1 Attachment]

    [Attachment(s) <> from Jerry - N9LYA included below]

    No Luck... yet...

    Have to ask again.. How to set Data MODE "D" on from rig control...

    73 Jerry Kutche N9LYA

    ARRL Net Manager Indiana Section - Packet Net

    HF Skipnet Coordinator

    IP Coordinator Indiana

    Packet Coordinator Indiana

    http://www.n9lya.com <http://www.n9lya.com/>

    http://www.w9otr.org <http://www.w9otr.org/>

    http://www.indianapacketcouncil.org <http://www.indianapacketcouncil.org/>

    http://www.mitchellwx.com

    http://tinyurl.com/y7faewx
  • Jerry - N9LYA
    Message 2 of 13 , Aug 19 2:59 PM
    • 1 Attachment
    • 19 KB
    Hi John.... Icom 746pro

    Needing to use rear panel input via Data Port...

    I have the Pactor Modem going to the 8 pin port

    And signalink needs to go to the data port.. But the data port will not TX
    unless it is selected and at present I have to manually depress the mode
    button to change it....

    I could go back to the mic jack but I think that is where a lot of my
    feedback problems come into play...

    If it's a now way jose... I will turn off scanning and just sit on 14.112
    and exchange with Hank via WINMOR.. As long as I do not change anything or
    let rig control interfere it works fine.. I will run this way until my other
    PTCIIe arrives and they try to go back to front panel....?????? Rather not
    if I did not have to....

    73 jerry

    _____

    [Attachment(s) from John Wiseman included below]

    Message 3 of 13 , Aug 19 3:00 PM
    • 1 Attachment
    • 18 KB
    A thought can rig control be setup to select memory channels... I could
    program them in to memory and let it scan that way....???

    Let me know 73 jerry

    _____

    Message 4 of 13 , Aug 19 3:05 PM
      Maybe Command 1a 06
      datamode on or off then set USB or LSB

      Message 5 of 13 , Aug 20 2:15 AM
      • 1 Attachment
      • 13 KB
      As a quick fix, I'll add the option not to change mode, just frequency.
      Hopefully that will leave the radio in whatever mode you set manually. Will
      that be enough to fix your problem?

      When I have a bit more spare time I'll look into optons to send other
      commands.

      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

      Message 6 of 13 , Aug 20 3:55 AM
        Jim,

        I suspect that setting LSB or USB is resetting datamode, or it would stay where Jerry had left it.

        I don't have a 746 manual - what exactly is the format? 1a 06 01 for Data On and 1a 06 00 for data off?

        Message 7 of 13 , Aug 20 5:07 AM
        • 1 Attachment
        • 14 KB
        Hi John.... That may... Some are LSB others are USB... But I think I can
        come up with a layout that works until then,,, Thanks Jerry

        _____

        From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

        From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

        Message 8 of 13 , Aug 20 5:17 AM
        • 1 Attachment
        • 4 KB
        Ok,

        I know WIMNOR uses USB on all frequencies, and thought Pactor was the same.
        When I get the full information I'll add the set data option.

        Message 9 of 13 , Aug 20 5:37 AM
        • 1 Attachment
        • 19 KB
        Hi John... No on pactor I am running with stations who some are on LSB.

        The NTSD Group for example I run 3.5934 LSB Pactor II as a Relay Station.

        WB3DTG whom I forward with on 14.1174 LSB

        Yes all the WINMOR is USB.

        And with those on WINMOR whom I forward with are on pactor USB...

        John do u need a copy of that part of the manual..?

        I can get it to u later today..

        73 jerry

        _____

        From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

        Message 10 of 13 , Aug 20 5:49 AM
        • 1 Attachment
        • 14 KB
        Yes, if you could scan the relevant bit of the manual that would be great.

        From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

        From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

        Message 11 of 13 , Aug 20 6:03 AM
        • 1 Attachment
        • 19 KB
        Hi John.. on its way in Private email.. 73 Jerry

        _____

        From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

        From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

        From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

        Message 12 of 13 , Aug 20 6:48 AM
          That is correct I can send you a PDF of the manual