Re: speaking of back up

  • Jeff - WA4ZKO
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 18, 2010
      FYI, the BSS portion stores a LOT of it's configuration in the registry. So if you have a lot of cfg work invested in BPQMailChat, you should highly consider exporting the HKLM\Software\G8BPQ registry hive to get a full backup. Usual cautions and warnings apply regarding messing around in the registry.

      Just remember to keep your installation directory consistent and it's not a big deal to backup things or even moving a BPQ node to a new/different PC using the above backup.

      If you have RMS Packet running on the node, consider getting those folders too or at least get the "RMS Packet.ini" file which can save you a lot of reconfig' time.

      Store your backups someplace other than the node PC/Laptop.

      Backing things up before you install a new version or go making untested changes is a good idea too in case you mangle something. Been there, done that ;-)

      Also, if you're not running on redundant storage, sooner or later a failed hard drive will bite you. Plan for it unless you enjoy rebuilding things from scratch.

      73
      Jeff
      WA4ZKO