Beta Observations

  • aar0ar
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 11, 2005
      First of all screen sizing seems to have changed since the bpq32 that I
      have been using. I use an old 15 inch monitor and 800 x 600 resolution
      doesn't seem to work with bpqterminal nor with bpqterm which seems odd
      as the later has been in use for years.

      Not a big deal as I switched to 1024 x 768 which works fine. But it
      does limit the usefulness of this old hunk of junk 15 inch monitor.

      All the rest seems to work fine in the configuration that I have been
      using as a AK1A link to AR Cluster's.

      Just built a DXSpider Box yesterday and will see what I can do with
      that as well in the next few days.

      Jay WS7I
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 12, 2005
        Hi Jay,

        The latest bpqterminal (v 0.3 Beta) should work in 800 x 600. What version
        do you have?

        Regards,

        John G8BPQ

        First of all screen sizing seems to have changed since the bpq32 that I
        have been using. I use an old 15 inch monitor and 800 x 600 resolution
        doesn't seem to work with bpqterminal nor with bpqterm which seems odd
        as the later has been in use for years.

        Not a big deal as I switched to 1024 x 768 which works fine. But it
        does limit the usefulness of this old hunk of junk 15 inch monitor.

        All the rest seems to work fine in the configuration that I have been
        using as a AK1A link to AR Cluster's.

        Just built a DXSpider Box yesterday and will see what I can do with
        that as well in the next few days.

        Jay WS7I

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • aar0ar

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/ELTolB/TM

             http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          --
          aar0ar
          Spokane, WA
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 12, 2005
            A new beta release of BPQ32 is available in the files section:

            New default values in BPQtoAGW.exe for TCP Port, Listening Sessions and
            Appl Mask of 8000, 20 and 1 have been established.

            The change to port 8000 (from 8001) was done to simplify installation
            for most users who will not need to run AGWPE simultaneously. If you
            do need to run both AGWPE and AGWtoBPQ, typically because you have
            sound card modems, the latest document explains how to avoid a tcp port
            conflict.

            Listening Sessions of 20 and Appl Mask of 1 will be suitable for most
            users.

            Ron, N5IN