Re: [BPQ32] Re: Need Help with bpqcfg

  • Jim WU3V
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 4, 2010
      Also set the applicaton number in the rms software to application 3 in the
      bpqconfiguration, it should place the call and ssid in the grayed out box on
      the that
      screen

      Jim rms nh0e-10 aab8mt-10
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 4, 2010
        See below...

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "kc4bqk" <kc4bqk@...> wrote:

        > I am having a small problem, I hope. I am running a Winlink RMS and want to use BPQ to also run the BBS mail/chat and telenet. I am using a sound card interface with AGWPE. I have RMS running and talking with BPQ, I think. I have Winlink running under BPQ and also running AGWPE. THe problem I am having is that the RMS is running a ssid as -4, I want it to be -10. The winlink shows in the setup under applications 1 is KC4BQK-1, 2 KC4BQK-2, 3 KC4BQK-4, 4 KC4BQK-5. It also shows ports: 1 AX/IP/UDP, 2 BPQ, 3 NETWORK L4. Here is a copy of my bpqcfg file:
        >
        > /* This begins a multi-line comment
        >
        > CONFIGURATION FILE FOR BPQ32: G8BPQ SWITCH SOFTWARE
        >
        > KC4BQK-10

        <snip>

        > PORT
        > PORTNUM=2 ; Optional but sets port number if stated
        > ID=BPQtoAGW 147.050 MHz ; Displayed by PORTS command
        > TYPE=EXTERNAL ; Calls an external module
        > DLLNAME=BPQtoAGW.DLL ; Uses BPQtoAGW.DLL
        > IOADDR=1F41 ; AGWPE Telnet port x'1F41' = 8001
        > CHANNEL=A ; AGWPE Port # A=1, B=2, etc
        > QUALITY=192 ; Quality factor applied to node broadcasts heard on
        > ; this port, unless overridden by a locked route
        > ; entry. Setting to 0 stops node broadcasts
        > MINQUAL=168 ; Entries in the nodes table with qualities greater or
        > ; equal to MINQUAL will be sent on this port. A value
        > ; of 0 sends everything.
        > MAXFRAME=7 ; Max outstanding frames (1 thru 7)
        > FRACK=5000 ; Level 2 timout in milliseconds
        > RESPTIME=1000 ; Level 2 delayed ack timer in milliseconds
        > RETRIES=5 ; Level 2 maximum retry value
        > PACLEN=236 ; Default max packet length for this port
        > UNPROTO=BPQP2 ; BTEXT broadcast addrs format: DEST[,digi1[,digi2]]
        > BCALL=KC4BQK-10 ; BTEXT call. unstated defaults to APPL1CALL
        > L3ONLY=0 ; 1=No user downlink connects on this port
        > DIGIFLAG=0 ; Digipeat: 0=OFF, 1=ALL, 255=UI Only
        > DIGIPORT=0 ; Port on which to send digi'd frames (0 = same port)
        > USERS=0 ; Maximum number of L2 sessions, 0 = no limit
        > ENDPORT

        I do not have ANYTHING in the PORT section for my RMS. I don't think it needs a port. What you do need is the RMS in the application section below as it accepts INCOMING connections.

        > Applications:
        >
        > Up to 8 applications are supported, which are expressed as positional
        > parameters. Each parameter may be empty, i.e. ',,' or if not empty, up to
        > 12 bytes in length. Applications beginning with a * are not shown in the
        > valid commands display in response to an entry of '?'. There are two types
        > of applications, local and remote. Local applications are those running on
        > the same machine and are associated with an applications mask. A local
        > application is entered as a user defined command, such as 'DX', 'BBS' or
        > 'MYDX'. A remote application is in the form 'command/C call(or alias)', for
        > example DX/C MYCALL. When a user enters the user defined command 'DX' the
        > node issues a 'C MYCALL' attempting a connection to the MYCALL dxcluster on a
        > remote system.
        >
        > Associated with each positional parameter is an applications mask:
        > Position: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
        > Decimal Mask: 1,2,4,8,16,32,64,128
        > Hexadecimal Mask: 0x1,0x2,0x4,0x8,0x10,0x20,0x40,0x80
        > Binary Mask: 00000001,00000010,00000100,00001000,
        > 00010000,00100000,01000000,10000000
        > */
        >
        > APPLICATIONS=RMS
        >

        > APPL1CALL=KC4BQK-1
        > APPL1ALIAS=BBSHND
        > APPL1QUAL=255
        > APPL2CALL=KC4BQK-13
        > APPL2ALIAS=CHTHND
        > APPL2QUAL=255
        > APPL3CALL=KC4BQK-10
        > APPL3ALIAS=RMSHND
        > APPL3QUAL=255
        >

        > What have I done wrong?

        As noted your applications line needs to be:

        Applications=BBS,CHAT,RMS

        Then, re-compile, and wait just a minute...

        In AGWtoBPQ configuration you will need an application mask of 0x4

        Save and kill AGWtoBPQ and then restart everything, starting RMS last. AGWPE does not need to be running at all.

        Then, be sure that you have RMS set as application 3. See what the call is now...

        Mark
      • kc4bqk
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 6, 2010
          Thanks

          It is up and looks to be running fine. I will go live this weekend and see if it works on both RMS and BBS.

          Jim
          KC4BQK

          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "mtaylor_lrim" <mtaylor@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > > 00010000,00100000,01000000,10000000
          > > */
          > >
          > > APPLICATIONS=RMS
          > >

          > > APPL1CALL=KC4BQK-1
          > > APPL1ALIAS=BBSHND
          > > APPL1QUAL=255
          > > APPL2CALL=KC4BQK-13
          > > APPL2ALIAS=CHTHND
          > > APPL2QUAL=255
          > > APPL3CALL=KC4BQK-10
          > > APPL3ALIAS=RMSHND
          > > APPL3QUAL=255
          > >

          > > What have I done wrong?
          >

          > As noted your applications line needs to be:
          >
          > Applications=BBS,CHAT,RMS
          >

          > Then, re-compile, and wait just a minute...
          >
          > In AGWtoBPQ configuration you will need an application mask of 0x4
          >
          > Save and kill AGWtoBPQ and then restart everything, starting RMS last. AGWPE does not need to be running at all.
          >
          > Then, be sure that you have RMS set as application 3. See what the call is now...

        • kc4bqk
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 15, 2010
            The BPQ system is up and running good now thanks to Jeff WA4ZKO. Thanks for the help Jeff

            Jim KC4BQK