Re: [BPQ32] Remote Applications

  • Mark Harloff
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 4, 2010
      Rod,

      The user would need to type C [port#] VK2DOT-2
      (or-3) where the port number is the one that has
      a path to your Linux boxes.

      You can also add a command to the Applications
      line that will just use a name like 'FBB' or
      'JNOS' for the connect..
      That speeds things up for user since they only
      need to type in the 'name' and hit enter.

      The line would something like this:

      APPLICATIONS=FBB/C [port#] VK2DOT-2,JNOS/C
      [port#] VK2DOT-3

      (that should all be on one line)

      - Mark K2CAN

      On 8/4/2010 3:39 PM, vk2dot wrote:

      > Hi All, we have been reading the examples & notes and have become
      > totally confused.
      > At present a RF user can come into the vk2dot BPQ32 system by -
      > c vk2dot - & goes directly to the BPQMail BBS 0r
      > c vk2dot-1 - & goes to the BPQ32 Switch or
      > c vk2dot-7 - & goes to the Chat session.
      >
      > What we want to do is have the user type ->
      > c vk2dot-2 - & goto a remote PC running Linux/XFbb via a RS232 port &
      > c vk2dot-3 - & goto a remote PC running Linux/JNOS2 via a RS232 port.
      >
      > I cannot see how to do it via the applications section
      >
      > APPL1CALL=MYCALL
      > APPL1ALIAS=MUDDX
      > APPL1QUAL=255
      >
      > Its 5:30am, could be one has missed something or it cannot be done.
      >
      > Anybody have any suggestions:
      >
      > Regards Rod VK2DOT....////

    • Bill V WA7NWP
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 4, 2010

        > APPLICATIONS=FBB/C [port#] VK2DOT-2,JNOS/C

        Did we (Hi John) ever get the application line length extended beyond the 16
        (?) characters. That was just limited enough that almost anything I
        needed to do was too long to fit.

        Bill - WA7NWP

        PS. I hope this posting works. It's funny when yahoo rejects the gmail domain.
      • vk2dot
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 4, 2010
          Hi Bill & Mark, Unfortunately you have both missed the point.
          At present, using a number of remote XRouter Nodes - a user can at a remote site [hundreds of miles away] type C VK2DOT-2 & be automatically transferred through the network to my Linux/XFbb BBS; or a local user can type C VK2DOT-2 on his machine, then come through a local RF port to Linux/XFbb or to BPQMail BBS, etc.
          They do not have to connect to the BPQ32 switch then again connect to the application.
          ie. From anywhere within my network you just type C VK2DOT-Application & automatically go to the application, NOT firstly connecting to BPQ32 switch then manually retyping to go to the application.

          I want to replace my local XRouter with BPQ32 & do as above.

          That is the problem, sorry we did not explain the objective enough.
          Any further ideas.

          Plus I believe the restrictions for Applications line length is still 16. This is very restrictive for my users;

          Regards Rod.....////

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 5, 2010
            Rod,

            You need to set up XFBB and JNOS2 as applications with aliases, and add the APPLn calls for those applications:

            APPLICATIONS=BBS,CHAT,FBB/C n FBBCALL,NOS/C m NOSCALL

            APPL3CALL=VK2DOT-2
            APPL4CALL=VK2DOT-3

            A connect to APPL3CALL will cause the alias for the 3rd APP to be actioned.

            The current version still has the 16 char limit on each entry. I am currently testing a change to extend both the length and number of applications.