Need Help with bpqcfg

  • kc4bqk
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 4, 2010
      I am having a small problem, I hope. I am running a Winlink RMS and want to use BPQ to also run the BBS mail/chat and telenet. I am using a sound card interface with AGWPE. I have RMS running and talking with BPQ, I think. I have Winlink running under BPQ and also running AGWPE. THe problem I am having is that the RMS is running a ssid as -4, I want it to be -10. The winlink shows in the setup under applications 1 is KC4BQK-1, 2 KC4BQK-2, 3 KC4BQK-4, 4 KC4BQK-5. It also shows ports: 1 AX/IP/UDP, 2 BPQ, 3 NETWORK L4. Here is a copy of my bpqcfg file:

      /* This begins a multi-line comment

      CONFIGURATION FILE FOR BPQ32: G8BPQ SWITCH SOFTWARE

      KC4BQK-10

      */ This ends a multi-line comment

      HOSTINTERRUPT=127 ; Interrupt used for BPQ host mode support
      EMS=0 ; Doesn't use EMS RAM
      DESQVIEW=0 ; DesqView unused
      NODECALL=KC4BQK-2 ; Node callsign
      NODEALIAS=KYHND ; Node alias (6 characters max)
      IDMSG: ; UI broadcast text from NODECALL to fixed dest ID
      KC4BQK-2 KYHND
      *** ; Denotes end of IDMSG text

      BTEXT: ; UI broadcast text from BCALL to destination UNPROTO=
      KYHEND
      *** ; Denotes end of BTEXT text
      INFOMSG: ; The INFO command text follows:
      KYHND
      *** ; Denotes end of INFOMSG text
      CTEXT: ; The CTEXT text follows:
      KYHND
      *** ; Denotes end of CTEXT text
      FULL_CTEXT=0 ; 0=send CTEXT to L2 connects to NODEALIAS only
      ; 1=send CTEXT to all connectees

      ; Network System Parameters:

      OBSINIT=6 ; Initial obsolescence set when a node is included
      ; in a received nodes broadcast. This value is then
      ; decremented by 1 every NODESINTERVAL.
      OBSMIN=4 ; When the obsolescence of a node falls below this
      ; value that node's information is not included in
      ; a subsequent nodes broadcast.
      NODESINTERVAL=15 ; Nodes broadcast interval in minutes
      IDINTERVAL=60 ; 'IDMSG' UI broadcast interval in minutes, 0=OFF
      BTINTERVAL=60 ; The BTEXT broadcast interval in minutes, 0=OFF
      L3TIMETOLIVE=25 ; Max L3 hops
      L4RETRIES=3 ; Level 4 retry count
      L4TIMEOUT=60 ; Level 4 timeout in seconds s/b > FRACK x RETRIES
      L4DELAY=10 ; Level 4 delayed ack timer in seconds
      L4WINDOW=4 ; Level 4 window size
      MAXLINKS=63 ; Max level 2 links
      MAXNODES=128 ; Max nodes in nodes table
      MAXROUTES=64 ; Max adjacent nodes
      MAXCIRCUITS=128 ; Max L4 circuits
      MINQUAL=168 ; Minimum quality to add to nodes table
      ; INP3 Routing is experimental. The two parms which follow will be ignored
      ; unless activated in the ROUTES: section.
      MAXHOPS=4 ; INP3 hop limit to add to tables
      MAXRTT=90 ; INP3 max RTT in seconds
      BUFFERS=255 ; Packet buffers - 255 means allocate as many as
      ; possible, normally about 130, depending upon other
      ; table sizes.

      ; TNC default parameters:

      PACLEN=236 ; Max packet size (236 max for net/rom)

      TRANSDELAY=1 ; Transparent node send delay in seconds

      ; Level 2 Parameters:

      ; T1 (FRACK), T2 (RESPTIME) and N2 (RETRIES) are now in the PORTS section

      T3=120 ; Link validation timer in seconds
      IDLETIME=720 ; Idle link shutdown timer in seconds

      ; Configuration Options:

      AUTOSAVE=1 ; Saves BPQNODES.dat upon program exit
      BBS=1 ; 1 = BBS support included, 0 = No BBS support
      NODE=1 ; Include switch support
      HIDENODES=1 ; If set to 1, nodes beginning with a #
      ; require a 'N *' command to be displayed.

      ; The *** LINKED command is intended for use by gateway software, and concern
      ; has been expressed that it could be misused. It is recommended that it be
      ; disabled (=N) if unneeded.

      ENABLE_LINKED=A ; Controls processing of *** LINKED command
      ; Y = allows unrestricted use
      ; A = allows use by application program
      ; N = disabled

      ; Port Definitions:

      ; AX/IP/UDP port definition:

      PORT
      PORTNUM=1 ; Optional but sets port number if stated
      ID=AX/IP/UDP ; Displayed by PORTS command
      TYPE=EXTERNAL ; Calls an external module
      DLLNAME=BPQAXIP.DLL ; Uses BPQAXIP.DLL
      QUALITY=192 ; Quality factor applied to node broadcasts heard on
      ; this port, unless overridden by a locked route
      ; entry. Setting to 0 stops node broadcasts
      MINQUAL=168 ; Entries in the nodes table with qualities greater or
      ; equal to MINQUAL will be sent on this port. A value
      ; of 0 sends everything.
      MAXFRAME=7 ; Max outstanding frames (1 thru 7)
      FRACK=3000 ; Level 2 timout in milliseconds
      RESPTIME=1000 ; Level 2 delayed ack timer in milliseconds
      RETRIES=5 ; Level 2 maximum retry value
      PACLEN=236 ; Max = 236
      ENDPORT

      PORT
      PORTNUM=2 ; Optional but sets port number if stated
      ID=BPQtoAGW 147.050 MHz ; Displayed by PORTS command
      TYPE=EXTERNAL ; Calls an external module
      DLLNAME=BPQtoAGW.DLL ; Uses BPQtoAGW.DLL
      IOADDR=1F41 ; AGWPE Telnet port x'1F41' = 8001
      CHANNEL=A ; AGWPE Port # A=1, B=2, etc
      QUALITY=192 ; Quality factor applied to node broadcasts heard on
      ; this port, unless overridden by a locked route
      ; entry. Setting to 0 stops node broadcasts
      MINQUAL=168 ; Entries in the nodes table with qualities greater or
      ; equal to MINQUAL will be sent on this port. A value
      ; of 0 sends everything.
      MAXFRAME=7 ; Max outstanding frames (1 thru 7)
      FRACK=5000 ; Level 2 timout in milliseconds
      RESPTIME=1000 ; Level 2 delayed ack timer in milliseconds
      RETRIES=5 ; Level 2 maximum retry value
      PACLEN=236 ; Default max packet length for this port
      UNPROTO=BPQP2 ; BTEXT broadcast addrs format: DEST[,digi1[,digi2]]
      BCALL=KC4BQK-10 ; BTEXT call. unstated defaults to APPL1CALL
      L3ONLY=0 ; 1=No user downlink connects on this port
      DIGIFLAG=0 ; Digipeat: 0=OFF, 1=ALL, 255=UI Only
      DIGIPORT=0 ; Port on which to send digi'd frames (0 = same port)
      USERS=0 ; Maximum number of L2 sessions, 0 = no limit
      ENDPORT

      ROUTES: ; Locked routes (31 maximum)
      ; End comment block
      KC4BQK-13,255,1 ; BPQ AX/UDP on Multiple_Apps System
      *** ; Denotes end of locked routes
      /*
      Applications:

      Up to 8 applications are supported, which are expressed as positional
      parameters. Each parameter may be empty, i.e. ',,' or if not empty, up to
      12 bytes in length. Applications beginning with a * are not shown in the
      valid commands display in response to an entry of '?'. There are two types
      of applications, local and remote. Local applications are those running on
      the same machine and are associated with an applications mask. A local
      application is entered as a user defined command, such as 'DX', 'BBS' or
      'MYDX'. A remote application is in the form 'command/C call(or alias)', for
      example DX/C MYCALL. When a user enters the user defined command 'DX' the
      node issues a 'C MYCALL' attempting a connection to the MYCALL dxcluster on a
      remote system.

      Associated with each positional parameter is an applications mask:
      Position: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
      Decimal Mask: 1,2,4,8,16,32,64,128
      Hexadecimal Mask: 0x1,0x2,0x4,0x8,0x10,0x20,0x40,0x80
      Binary Mask: 00000001,00000010,00000100,00001000,
      00010000,00100000,01000000,10000000
      */

      APPLICATIONS=RMS

      APPL1CALL=KC4BQK-1
      APPL1ALIAS=BBSHND
      APPL1QUAL=255
      APPL2CALL=KC4BQK-13
      APPL2ALIAS=CHTHND
      APPL2QUAL=255
      APPL3CALL=KC4BQK-10
      APPL3ALIAS=RMSHND
      APPL3QUAL=255

      What have I done wrong?

      Thanks
      Jim
      KC4BQK
    • kd6pgi@gorge.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 4, 2010
        Hi Jim,

        You have your RMS listed first in the APPLICATIONS=
        line, but listed as application 3.
        Your BPQCFG line needs to look as follows:

        APPLICATIONS=BBS,CHAT,RMS

        That is the first thing to fix, then see what happens.

        Ken Jacobs KD6PGI
        Hood River County ARES
        Assistant EC - Digital

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 4, 2010
          Thanks Ken

          I will try that.

          Jim Rayburn KC4BQK
          ARRL Kentucky Section
          Section Traffic Manager
          kc4bqk@...

          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "kd6pgi@..." <kd6pgi@...> wrote:

          > Hi Jim,
          >
          > You have your RMS listed first in the APPLICATIONS=
          > line, but listed as application 3.
          > Your BPQCFG line needs to look as follows:
          >
          > APPLICATIONS=BBS,CHAT,RMS
          >
          > That is the first thing to fix, then see what happens.
          >

          > Ken Jacobs KD6PGI
          > Hood River County ARES
          > Assistant EC - Digital

        • kc4bqk
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 4, 2010
            Still having the same problem.

            Jim Rayburn KC4BQK
            ARRL Kentucky Section
            Section Traffic Manager

            --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "kc4bqk" <kc4bqk@...> wrote:

            > Thanks Ken
            >
            > I will try that.
            >

            > Jim Rayburn KC4BQK
            > ARRL Kentucky Section
            > Section Traffic Manager
            > kc4bqk@...
            >
            > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "kd6pgi@" <kd6pgi@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Jim,
            > >
            > > You have your RMS listed first in the APPLICATIONS=
            > > line, but listed as application 3.
            > > Your BPQCFG line needs to look as follows:
            > >
            > > APPLICATIONS=BBS,CHAT,RMS
            > >
            > > That is the first thing to fix, then see what happens.
            > >

            > > Ken Jacobs KD6PGI
            > > Hood River County ARES
            > > Assistant EC - Digital

          • Jim WU3V
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 4, 2010
              Also set the applicaton number in the rms software to application 3 in the
              bpqconfiguration, it should place the call and ssid in the grayed out box on
              the that
              screen

              Jim rms nh0e-10 aab8mt-10
              >> > You have your RMS listed first in the APPLICATIONS=
              >> > line, but listed as application 3.
              >> > Your BPQCFG line needs to look as follows:
              >> >
              >> > APPLICATIONS=BBS,CHAT,RMS
              >> >
              >> > That is the first thing to fix, then see what happens.
              >> >

              >> > Ken Jacobs KD6PGI
              >> > Hood River County ARES
              >> > Assistant EC - Digital

            • mtaylor_lrim
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 4, 2010
                See below...

                --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "kc4bqk" <kc4bqk@...> wrote:

                > I am having a small problem, I hope. I am running a Winlink RMS and want to use BPQ to also run the BBS mail/chat and telenet. I am using a sound card interface with AGWPE. I have RMS running and talking with BPQ, I think. I have Winlink running under BPQ and also running AGWPE. THe problem I am having is that the RMS is running a ssid as -4, I want it to be -10. The winlink shows in the setup under applications 1 is KC4BQK-1, 2 KC4BQK-2, 3 KC4BQK-4, 4 KC4BQK-5. It also shows ports: 1 AX/IP/UDP, 2 BPQ, 3 NETWORK L4. Here is a copy of my bpqcfg file:
                >
                > /* This begins a multi-line comment
                >
                > CONFIGURATION FILE FOR BPQ32: G8BPQ SWITCH SOFTWARE
                >
                > KC4BQK-10

                <snip>

                > PORT
                > PORTNUM=2 ; Optional but sets port number if stated
                > ID=BPQtoAGW 147.050 MHz ; Displayed by PORTS command
                > TYPE=EXTERNAL ; Calls an external module
                > DLLNAME=BPQtoAGW.DLL ; Uses BPQtoAGW.DLL
                > IOADDR=1F41 ; AGWPE Telnet port x'1F41' = 8001
                > CHANNEL=A ; AGWPE Port # A=1, B=2, etc
                > QUALITY=192 ; Quality factor applied to node broadcasts heard on
                > ; this port, unless overridden by a locked route
                > ; entry. Setting to 0 stops node broadcasts
                > MINQUAL=168 ; Entries in the nodes table with qualities greater or
                > ; equal to MINQUAL will be sent on this port. A value
                > ; of 0 sends everything.
                > MAXFRAME=7 ; Max outstanding frames (1 thru 7)
                > FRACK=5000 ; Level 2 timout in milliseconds
                > RESPTIME=1000 ; Level 2 delayed ack timer in milliseconds
                > RETRIES=5 ; Level 2 maximum retry value
                > PACLEN=236 ; Default max packet length for this port
                > UNPROTO=BPQP2 ; BTEXT broadcast addrs format: DEST[,digi1[,digi2]]
                > BCALL=KC4BQK-10 ; BTEXT call. unstated defaults to APPL1CALL
                > L3ONLY=0 ; 1=No user downlink connects on this port
                > DIGIFLAG=0 ; Digipeat: 0=OFF, 1=ALL, 255=UI Only
                > DIGIPORT=0 ; Port on which to send digi'd frames (0 = same port)
                > USERS=0 ; Maximum number of L2 sessions, 0 = no limit
                > ENDPORT

                I do not have ANYTHING in the PORT section for my RMS. I don't think it needs a port. What you do need is the RMS in the application section below as it accepts INCOMING connections.

                > Applications:
                >
                > Up to 8 applications are supported, which are expressed as positional
                > parameters. Each parameter may be empty, i.e. ',,' or if not empty, up to
                > 12 bytes in length. Applications beginning with a * are not shown in the
                > valid commands display in response to an entry of '?'. There are two types
                > of applications, local and remote. Local applications are those running on
                > the same machine and are associated with an applications mask. A local
                > application is entered as a user defined command, such as 'DX', 'BBS' or
                > 'MYDX'. A remote application is in the form 'command/C call(or alias)', for
                > example DX/C MYCALL. When a user enters the user defined command 'DX' the
                > node issues a 'C MYCALL' attempting a connection to the MYCALL dxcluster on a
                > remote system.
                >
                > Associated with each positional parameter is an applications mask:
                > Position: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
                > Decimal Mask: 1,2,4,8,16,32,64,128
                > Hexadecimal Mask: 0x1,0x2,0x4,0x8,0x10,0x20,0x40,0x80
                > Binary Mask: 00000001,00000010,00000100,00001000,
                > 00010000,00100000,01000000,10000000
                > */
                >
                > APPLICATIONS=RMS
                >

                > APPL1CALL=KC4BQK-1
                > APPL1ALIAS=BBSHND
                > APPL1QUAL=255
                > APPL2CALL=KC4BQK-13
                > APPL2ALIAS=CHTHND
                > APPL2QUAL=255
                > APPL3CALL=KC4BQK-10
                > APPL3ALIAS=RMSHND
                > APPL3QUAL=255
                >

                > What have I done wrong?

                As noted your applications line needs to be:

                Applications=BBS,CHAT,RMS

                Then, re-compile, and wait just a minute...

                In AGWtoBPQ configuration you will need an application mask of 0x4

                Save and kill AGWtoBPQ and then restart everything, starting RMS last. AGWPE does not need to be running at all.

                Then, be sure that you have RMS set as application 3. See what the call is now...

                Mark
              • kc4bqk
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 6, 2010
                  Thanks

                  It is up and looks to be running fine. I will go live this weekend and see if it works on both RMS and BBS.

                  Jim
                  KC4BQK

                  --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "mtaylor_lrim" <mtaylor@...> wrote:

> [...]
                  > > 00010000,00100000,01000000,10000000
                  > > */
                  > >
                  > > APPLICATIONS=RMS
                  > >

                  > > APPL1CALL=KC4BQK-1
                  > > APPL1ALIAS=BBSHND
                  > > APPL1QUAL=255
                  > > APPL2CALL=KC4BQK-13
                  > > APPL2ALIAS=CHTHND
                  > > APPL2QUAL=255
                  > > APPL3CALL=KC4BQK-10
                  > > APPL3ALIAS=RMSHND
                  > > APPL3QUAL=255
                  > >

                  > > What have I done wrong?
                  >

                  > As noted your applications line needs to be:
                  >
                  > Applications=BBS,CHAT,RMS
                  >

                  > Then, re-compile, and wait just a minute...
                  >
                  > In AGWtoBPQ configuration you will need an application mask of 0x4
                  >
                  > Save and kill AGWtoBPQ and then restart everything, starting RMS last. AGWPE does not need to be running at all.
                  >
                  > Then, be sure that you have RMS set as application 3. See what the call is now...

                • kc4bqk
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 15, 2010
                    The BPQ system is up and running good now thanks to Jeff WA4ZKO. Thanks for the help Jeff

                    Jim KC4BQK